“I'll come back!” 5 of 5 stars

Package Deal
Ranked #642 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris
“I'll come back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Nice and clean hotel, ideally located, with helpful and friendly staff. An address to remember. I will definitely try to stay there again if I am lucky enough to get a special offer again on the room rate.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I spent 3 nights at Tourine Opera with my boyfriend. The hotel is very clear to the city centre and specially metro Triniteè. I'd like to highlight that we had a special deal (breakfast and mini bar included). Room: minimal, very clear with bath towels daily refreshed. Staff: kind and helpful, speaking also english! Breakfast: really tasty! 16 euro per day (hot and cold, sweet and salt). I'd like to suggest this hotel close to Opera, Triniteè, Lafayette, Printemps and other interesting place to visit.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Small rooms but very clean and well presented. Decent location. Breakfast was cooked, basic and filling. Very good filter coffee. Very helpful reception staff especially nadir & corinne. Negatives - o milk in room for coffee. No carpark next door.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Antwerp, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed in this hotel for two nights and booked it based on the posts on Tripadvisor. Unfortunately this time it was a rather disappointing experience. We were welcomed in a friendly way and as usual I asked for a quiet room away from the noise streetside. According to the receptionist this was no problem at all and we were assigned a room on the sixth floor. However the room was on the corner of this busy and loud street and far but quiet! I should have gone back to complain, I know, but if it's almost 21.00hrs, you have conquered rush hour in Paris and you still need to find a restaurant you don't feel like going back downstairs to change rooms.
I decided to close the window and turn the AC on as it was hot in the room.
Second disappointment, the AC apparently didn't work so I had no choice but to leave the window open.
Room itself was small but ok.The bathroom was not. A very small shower with a curtain that was too short, so the bathroom looked like a swimming pool after a shower. Water running fast and suddenly very slow, hot water and suddenly ice cold water, I've had much better bathroom facilities in cheaper hotels in Paris! Breakfast was ok but nothing more than that. Again, compared with other three star hotels in Paris this was below average.
On the positive side, staff was friendly and the location is perfect.
All in all, considered the rate we paid (150EUR per night) I had much better experiences in much cheaper hotels. We won't be coming back I'm afraid...

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room at the back of the hotel. Hopefully you are more lucky and you actually ge...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
SOF4, Directeur général at Hotel Touraine Opera, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Thanks a lot for your contribution. I feel sorry that our property mismatched your expectations.

I’m going to answer your comments the most honestly I can. First of all if you have some important desires, it’s always better to let us know before your arrival date and especially when you plan to arrive late this particular day. The night receptionist tried to answer your needs the best he could and gave you a room on the 6th floor (a room on the back building would have been the best choice but no more availability at your check-in time…).

Our AC system / Heating system cannot run together and a choice has to be made depending on outside T°/C°. We decided to run the heating system and by so answering to the general guest’s demands.

We changed the shower curtain in this room as it seemed to be a little bit short (sorry). The water variation you’re speaking of in your comment is unusual, so we ask our technician to watch it carefully.

I stay at your entire disposal,

Jérôme Richard
Manager
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked the Hotel Touraine Opera with United air miles. It's a fairly small hotel with a nondescript entrance, so make sure to pay attention to the logo on the glass door or you might walk right by it.

The good: The hotel is centrally located, being only a block away from the Trinite D'Estienne D'Ovres metro station. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful (they made dinner reservations for us a number of times). There are also a number of great restaurants within walking distance from the hotel, including a ton of sushi restaurants on Taitbout and the nightlife on Rue des Martyrs. The hotel is well maintained and quite clean, and the bathrooms in the guests rooms appear to have been updated.

The bad: The rooms are quite small - ours could barely fit a queen size bed and small desk. Likewise, the elevator is tiny and can barely fit 3 people. The hotel is right above the metro line, so there was a noticeable rumble every 2-3 minutes. Also, the thermostats in the room were digitally locked (or perhaps too complicated) so we couldn't change the temperature settings.

Overall: The Hotel Touraine is a decent 3-star hotel to park your luggage and use as a base for exploring Paris. I would definitely give it a 3.5 rating if Trip Advisor allowed decimals. It definitely gives you a decent bang for your buck. If you are going to be out and about all of the time, then the tiny rooms shouldn't be any problem. If you are claustrophobic or a light sleeper, this probably isn't the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Since the metro line runs right under the hotel, it's best to get a room on the upper floors (5...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

We celebrated our second wedding anniversary in October. This was our third visit to this hotel. We found it comfortable and convenient for transport. The manager showed us personally to a quiet room with a very nice spacious bathroom. The buffet breakfast was plentiful and included delicious croissants and fresh orange juice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the inner courtyard. Higher floors are further away from the rumble of the...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

The room photos on most sites are very outdated. I traveled with 2 other colleagues and each of us had very modern, updated rooms on three different floors. The rooms were small, but fine for traveling alone for a short period. The bathroom was spacious and well-equipped, clean, modern. My room was above the entrance to the hotel, but was quiet, apart from feeling the rumbling of the metro occasionally. Daikin heat and air wall units. Free wifi in the rooms, but VERY SLOW. Couldn't get any work done there, really. I guess my only beef is that it's VERY expensive for a 3-star hotel, regardless of the location. My colleagues and I have stayed in this neighborhood a half dozen times in the past 2-3 years and this was by far the most expensive hotel in recent memory for that neighborhood. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel as it was 16 Euros and could get the exact same thing for 8 Euros down the street in a cafe.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are no doubt quieter.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Touraine Opera? Share your experiences!