“Just for the bed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Opera Grands Boulevards

You added BEST WESTERN Opera Grands Boulevards to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Opera Grands Boulevards
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   42 Rue Des Petites Ecuries | 10th Arr., 75010 Paris, France (Entrepôt)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up To -30% Off Room Rate
Ranked #837 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
“Just for the bed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After hearing that the hotel have had a make over we settled on booking this hotel for the price and the location that it was near Gare du Nord station. We were arriving from Eurostar so it was perfect location for us.

We were impressed with the new lay out of the hotel and the room looked amazing, new, clean and pretty funky with the Jazz theme.

That was all the positive we got from this hotel.

Firstly, wifi was not working in our room. We would manage to connect for 2 mins only to be disconnected over and over again. We then tried connecting outside our room in the lobby, it worked straight away, wifi was strong and fast but when we step back into our room it disconnected us again. As everyone who has experience slow internet connection would understand the frustration...so we called reception and asked them if they knew why our room did not have wifi and that we could not connect to it. Reception couldn't care less, they blamed it on our phones saying it was because we were from overseas (Australia) and that was why it didn't work. To me that was the most poorest excuse as we have been travelling all around Europe and wifi had worked perfectly fine for us!

Room can get hot and aircon doesn't really work. We were lucky to have room facing the front with a big window so at night we would open the window for some fresh air however that would mean that we had to try to sleep with all the noise coming from downstairs.

We had booked with the hotel for a shuttle to take us to the airport. We were told to be ready by 4.30am as we were going to get picked up at that time. 4.31am we called reception and asked if our ride was here yet, reception didn't know anything about it and asked for our details, he said he will call us back and let us know. We waited roughly 10 mins after not hearing back so we called reception, all he said was yes it is on its way. I don't know if it was the shuttle's fault for coming late but we would of appreciated a more caring attitude from the staff. An apology would of fixed everything or maybe even a smile wouldn't hurt here and there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back! Otherwise there are plenty of other hotels in the area!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Linkoping, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

Near to the train station as well. Good value for Money. Near the main attractions in Paris. And also Close to the subway in case you want to go further away.
Rooms are good and cleaning is also good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
AMELIA75010, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN Opera Grands Boulevards, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for choosing the Best Western Opera Grands Boulevards.
We are so hapy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments are very important for us.
So we are waiting for you during your next trip in Paris.
Kindest regards,
Nathalie TARDY
Hotel Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

A group of 10 of us stayed in 5 double rooms from 31/10/14 - 02/11/14.

Having organised the trip, and having read mixed reviews on Trip Advisor, I was hopeful but a little nervous of the hotel. I was instantly relieved and delighted by this charming, very well appointed hotel.

Recently refurbished throughout, the rooms (especially bathrooms), reception, breakfast area and small bar were beautifully decorated in a quirky, modern style. The location was close to metro stations, bars, cafes, shops and lovely short walk to the Opera and Galleries Laffeyette. We found the staff very helpful and they helped book us many taxis with great ease and kindly stored our luggage on our final day.

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this little place and I am certain I will be back.

Thank you!!

• Stayed November 2014
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for choosing the Best Western Opéra grands boulevards.
We are so hapy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your comments are very important for all the staff.
So we are waiting for you during your next trip in Paris.
Kindest regards,
Nathalie Tardy
Hotel Manager
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

I think there are challenges regarding ethics and integrity at this place. In room, there is a lovely coffee machine. On the first day three capcules placed; I consume one. On the next day, the other two also go vanishing. Nothing for next three days! I speak to the manager on the last day (I was just plain busy) and ASAP SIX capsules are placed. I am also told that I can order as many as I want... Shady.... Then, I book a taxi to the airport for 6.45 am. I come down at 6.47am, and the taxi charges me an extra 20 Euros. I have no choice but to pay since I am curtly told I WAS LATE! Be careful! Such practices will drive people away from Best Western!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

New Delhi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

I think there are challenges regarding ethics and integrity at this place.

Shady....

Be careful! Such practices will drive people away from Best Western!

If the hotel fixes this, I will certainly stay here for; clean rooms, great location, good breakfast!

Room Tip: Clarify the little things in advance; coffee in room, internet access (Bandwidth issues!!) etc
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

Location is escellent, close to 3 metro stations. The rooms and bathrooms completely rennovated and modern with all you need including kettle and coffee. Breakfast buffet offers lots of choices and good service.
Because it is a rather small hotel it has only one staff member at the desk 24 hours a day. The staff try to be helpful but are not at all knowledgable and could not give us advice when asked. I suggest they improve the front desk staff. We enjoyed our stay and will recomend to friends.

Room Tip: take a room not facing the street all rooms and bathrooms have been rennovated and are very nicely...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Arnprior, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

This is a small hotel located within walking distance to Gare Nord and Est. It is also located about 10 minutes walk from three different subway lines.

The hotel is located in a mostly apartment type neighborhood, but also on the edge of the Gare area. There are bakeries, cafes, grocery stores and restaurants within short walking distances.

The hotel does have a small elevator which is great for luggage. Our room did face the court yard which was quieter than facing the street. The room was typically small, but very newly refinished and clean. The room maintenance was inconsistent. The room was very clean, but irregularly stocked with provisions. We did have wi-fi, however, it was necessary to re-sign in frequently which became annoying.

The majority of reception staff paid little attention to us coming and going, although the day we arrived, the individual who was working at that time was very good. This person was very good at helping us book tickets as well.

A continental breakfast was offered for a charge which was excessive. Recommend going out to a cafe in the area, or grabbing some bread, etc. from bakery immediately at the corner.

Note that some of the streets near the Gare were a little sketchy. I wouldn't have wanted to have been located closer than we were to the Gare stations.

We would recommend the hotel with a few small reservations

Room Tip: Recommend choosing a room facing inner courtyard.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Opera Grands Boulevards? Share your experiences!