“Small but perfectly formed” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #294 of 1,788 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cheshire UK
“Small but perfectly formed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its central position and my husband was on business and always likes to use holiday inn hotels, mainly for the reward points. The room was small but clean and modern, lovely bathroom, very comfy bed, what more can you want?
The breakfast was very elegant, beautifully laid tables and quality glassware and china and I got the feeling the staff would prefer to serve you so it certainly wasn't the usual scrum around the food area. We probably wouldnt have paid for the breakfast if it hadnt been included in the rate but since it was we enjoyed it and we did serve ourselves although the staff were very attentive and eager to bring you whatever you required. The only 2 hot choices were scrambled egg and mini sausages though so its not the place to go if you want a huge fry up with all the trimmings!
The staff were always friendly and helpful, and the proximity to the metro was fantastic, especially with the terrible rain we had!
Just a stones throw away is a fabulous Breton style mainly fish restaurant- on rue de penthievre called O'Breizh. The food was amazing, and the waitress/owners very friendly with limited French but plenty of enthusiasm to help annoying English tourists like ourselves!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
DIRSEIH, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, the whole team of the Holiday Inn Paris Elysées would like to thank you for sharing your great experience with us.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our central location close to the main attractions of the capital as well as the comfort, the design and the cleanness of our rooms.
Thank you as well for your compliment about the professionalism and courtesy of our staff.
We are happy that you liked the choice and the quality of our breakfast!
Finally thank you for choosing Holiday inn Paris Elysées, we look forward to welcome you again!

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
Washougal, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is a serviceable hotel for a stay in Paris. There was nothing wrong with our stay so my ratings do not reflect any problems, but at the same time, there is nothing that stands out about this hotel that I feel warrants a very good or excellent rating - particularly for the price (I do recognize this is Paris). The location is convenient to the metro on Rue Miromesnil a block up. As noted by others it is walking distance to the Champs-Elysees. In retrospect, I would have preferred a different part of Paris. The surrounding neighborhood doesn't have many tourists about which is nice, but neither does it have much character compared to much of the rest of inner Paris. There are plenty of functional local restaurants around (be advised most are closed on Sundays), but few cafes and nothing you would seek out as memorable.

The room was not surprisingly small - but our luggage had to be in the middle of the room to navigate around it. It was labeled and executive room which I had a hard time seeing what made it this category. If it was size, another room would be quite cramped. If it's the appointments in the room, I don't see what stood out. The remodel was well done and the appointments in the lobby and room were nice and modern. The soundproofing was effective. Our room faced to the inside and it was difficult to even tell what the weather was.

The breakfast was serviceable and we did it our first morning, but skipped it the other mornings so it wasn't something to chose this hotel for.

The service at the front desk was fine and reasonably friendly. At checkout I realized I had not been shown the room rate and was assuming it was what I had on my travel paperwork. I had changed the dates prior to my arrival and apparently this changed the price and my corporate travel people did not inform me there would be a new rate which was much higher. This was a surprise and since I had to leave Paris I did not have the time to sort it out to ensure the rate was in fact correct. This did not change my overall experience but is one of those things where you think to yourself I wish I would have ensured this up front to prevent the surprise.

If you pick this hotel, it will meet your basic needs for several days in Paris and afterall you are not in Paris to hang out in your room - so in summary you will not be disappointed if you chose this hotel. I just think for the price (euro 349 for my stay, original rate quote was euro 260) and with so many choices for hotels in Paris make sure you do your homework to get what you are hoping for.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Jon H,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel is in a fantastic location, in an upmarket part of town close to Champs Élysées and metro station, with interesting shops and restaurants within the immediate vicinity. It is a small hotel, refurbished within the last couple of years, with modern design. As with many Parisian hotels, the room was small. However it was very efficiently designed and included everything you would need. The bathroom was also on the small side, however still accommodated a double width shower. There is a small breakfast room and the buffet was just fine, served by a charming and industrious young man. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Makati City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have seen many Holiday Inns in my life but this one takes the cake, in terms of having the smallest executive room with a window overlooking a blank wall, It is smaller than Holiday Inn Express rooms. Secondly, we took the metro from Gare du Nord and I expected to see the usual sign of Holiday Inn but it so small that it took awhile to locate it.
Then reaching the front desk, you expect some recognition but no, they just got my passport and credit card and told us to come back by 3pm. Fine, we left and walked around the same area that we became familiar with while looking for the hotel.
Granted, the hotel location is great, nearby Metro station, restaurants abound, Champs-Élysées a short walk, the church of Saint Augustine is also nearby.
Came back half past 3 and I expected the usual service of having your key cards ready and all set to go, alas it is not so, there was no endorsement between the staff, the receptionist have to ask if I have filled out the forms and gave them a copy of my passport etc...This is too much to bear but bear I must to be a good guest.
I would not return to this hotel for such poor service and small rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear goldie75_57,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide a clean place to stay.

Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. We also regret you found the room and the level of service you received, less than satisfactory. Your comments will be shared with our staff to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements to our service to ensure guests do not experience this in the future.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us your feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

A great and affordable option for the middle of Paris. It's walking distance to the Champs-Elysee but also quainter areas with nicer shops. We didn't eat at the hotel as there are lots of restaurants around too. Nice, very clean room. I like the purple accents in the rooms. We stayed in an executive room category which I found very spacious for a city centre property. I'd definitely come back!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BLANDINE P, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our privilege location in the center of Paris near by the Champs Elysées, the Galeries Lafayette....
We hope that you enjoyed our hot and cold buffet breakfast with our variety of fresh bread and pastry or our healthy corner with fresh fruits juice, fruits, actimel ...
We are really happy that you liked the design and confort of our rooms which are recently refurbished in a modern style and equiped with the last technology.
We will be happy to see you again at THE HOLIDAY INN PARIS ELYSEES. Please, do not hesitate to present yourself at the reception next time you visit us.
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is hidden away in the middle of Paris and I'm not sure I would have found it if the taxi driver hadn't dropped us right outside.

Once inside we were greeted by the most friendly and efficient receptionist. She made us feel very welcome and checked us while giving us some tips about the area.

The room was on the small side but very modern and comfortable. The bed was great and there is a pillow menu for the more fussy sleeper.

The bathroom was bright and airy and the shower was large.

The only disappointment was the breakfast. It was not included in the room price and was pricey for what was offered.

On the whole a great Paris hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Elisa P, Responsable relations publiques at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
First of all, we would like to thank you Tamlyn D, for choosing Holiday Inn Paris Elysées for your stay in Paris.
Our hotel is a classy boutique hotel well situated in a privilege location as we are located both in the center of Paris (close to the Champs Elysées, place de la Madeleine …) and in a quiet street.
We are thankful for your kind comment about the receptionists. It is an encouragement for our team who loves doing there best to make our guests as happy as possible.
As you well mention, the entire hotel has been renovated recently in a modern and cozy style including a variety of services (as the choice of pillow, the tea time, the candy bar … )All was conceived to make sure our guest feels home.
We would be more than happy to welcome you for your next stay in Paris.
Borehamwood, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed on the IHG Rewards programme, and as this small cute hotel was very near our son's new Paris flat, to us was in a great location. It is almost on the doorstep to the metro and getting around is very easy. the hotel reception staff on arrival and departure were very helpful and friendly. The room was small compared to most Holiday Inns we have stayed in but was very clean and comfy and well maintained and the shower-room was well appointed to. However breakfast for E18 is a rip off for what you get.. a very minimal continental breakfast with scrambled egg and potatoes for its "hot offering". This is not what we are used to with Holiday Inn at all, plus the lady who ran the breakfast room assured us that she had given us decaff coffee, which actually turned out to be "extra intense caffeinated" and as a result my husband was "tripping" for the rest of the morning. The same woman gave me lait chaud when I asked especially for lait froid, so I ended up getting up and getting my own. When another lady came on duty we asked her to double check the coffee that it was indeed decaff and she came back and apologised for the error in giving us "extra intense coffee" and bought over a sachet of decaff which was all too late! However, bearing in mind we use the Rewards programme and it is on the doorstep to where we will need to be over the coming months when we revisit, we would return, although I hope they do something about the breakfasts....

Room Tip: room away from lifts!