The Relais du Louvre is something I never thought I would find in Paris - clean, well located and welcoming. The rooms are not enormous as you would expect in any city but Room 12 housed three of us very comfortably for our three night stay. The bathroom was spacious and had a full sized bath and a good shower with a glass screen over the bath. A particular reason for booking here was that they are able to accommodate three people in a room with relative ease (we were a party of five - Grandma, three sisters and one niece).
The location of the hotel is fantastic - most of Paris is within walking distance, as we proved, and it is great to be so near the river. The hotel is tucked down a side street, just off the Rue de Rivoli - great shopping - and despite the fact the road outside was being dug up, we never heard a thing.
The Direction were very friendly and accommodating and were able to offer recommendations and provide "express" tickets for most attractions. We particularly enjoyed a dinner cruise with the company Bateaux Parisien - not cheap but well worth every Euro [note: we were in a quandary whether to pay more than the basic 90 Euro per head but it is certainly not necessary as the "cheap" seats at this price are as good, if not better, than any other. Dinner on board was fantastic and apparently the chef of the day was Alain Ducasse. Plenty of wine included - three bottles between five of us (!) and a welcome drink with canapes. Our waitress Audrey was great and the whole evening was an unforgettable experience for all ages.
The hotel were able to provide local recommendations for dinner each evening and we would particularly recommend La Fumeur - less than five minutes walk away.
The only draw back from our point of view was that breakfast is only available in your room and as we wanted to have this together it was not particularly practical from our point of view. However there are plenty of places that do a breakfast within a five minute walk. We tried a different one each day and all were fine. The hotel did say however that if we did not want to pay the full price of a large breakfast, they would be happy to offer a basic coffee, croissant alternative for a reduced fee.
The rooms were spotless, the Direction more than welcoming and efficiently friendly - all in all it could not have been better and I cannot think of any reason not to recommend this hotel. Thank you to all other Reviewers who put us onto this real gem in a City where it is all to easy to be ripped off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming hotel offers 22 fully renovated rooms right in front of the Louvre Museum (10 rooms have a view on the Louvre Museum). The street is very quiet but located right in the middle of the city. Most monuments such as Notre-Dame, the Louvre Museum, the Opera House, the Champs Elysées, the Pompidou Centre, the Sainte-Chapelle and the Conciergerie but also the Seine river with the Ile de la Cité and Ile Saint-Louis are walking distance. Parking is available and internet is free and unlimited in the whole hotel. The staff speaks many languages fluently and wolcomes you as if you were guest in our home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Le Relais du Louvre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Relais Du Louvre Hotel Paris
- Le Relais Du Louvre Paris