“Absolutely perfect..!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris
Chester le Street
“Absolutely perfect..!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have just returned from this wonderful hotel. If anyone has any doubts about booking here please do not hesitate. We arrived early at the hotel - well before the check in time of 2pm and my partner in particular had flown in from Tokyo (myself from the UK) and so we asked if there was any possibility that our room would be ready early. To our delight we were told they had a room available for us and upgraded us to a junior suite. It was beautiful - we couldn't fault it in any way. Every detail was taken care of and the bed has to be the most comfortable I've ever slept in...!

The hotel is tucked away in a residential area but is very central and took us only 10-15 minutes to walk to the Arc de Triumphe so the location is first class. All of the staff without exception were friendly, courteous and professional - always smiling and extremely helpful. The concierge gave us maps, offered to book dinner for us, telephoned a taxi etc. and nothing was too much trouble. We were only here for one night and I wish it could have been longer. We did so much sightseeing on our first day that we missed breakfast completely so I cannot offer any review of he food. However, we did use the bar and it's very elegant and relaxing and our wine was excellent!

Rest assured that as soon as we can arrange another trip to Paris we will stay here again without hesitation and I have aleady recommended the hotel to friends and colleagues. Beautiful, first class hotel. If you're thinking of going here just book it.

Thank you so much to the St James, Paris.

Room Tip: We had a junior suite with two large French windows overlooking the front of the hotel and onto the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
YvesMonnin, Directeur général at Saint James Paris - Relais et Chateaux, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Ms P.,

We thank you for choosing the Saint James Paris and for promoting us so actively (our sales team would hire you without a doubt!). We are glad our décor, location and services exceeded your expectations to the extend of reaching perfection in your opinion. We all look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully for a longer stay this time!

Yves Monnin, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Indonesian first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Thank you Saint James Paris. I enjoyed my stay at your hotel immensely. Every little detail was taken care of by your diligent staff who were both courteous and professional. I thank you for the room upgrade. I know I would have been just as pleased with the original room. The pavilion was one of my highlights from an amazing time in Paris. The hotel restaurant was an amazing experience. Virginie provided an exceptional feast for my friends and I. Nothing but praise for her and her staff. I will be recommending your hotel to all my friends and associates, as the entire experience was nothing short of fantastic. A big thank you to all your staff for their tireless effort and efficiency during my stay. I look forward to my speedy return to Paris so that I may stay once again in your fine hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
YvesMonnin, Directeur général at Saint James Paris - Relais et Chateaux, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Sir,

We thank you very much for staying with us and for this great review! We are glad you liked your free-standing pavilion as well as our services and the cuisine of our Chef, Virginie Basselot.
Be sure we will always welcome you, your friends and associates with the same attention, with the hope to become your home in Paris.

Bursa, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very good and warm service, selected highly quality foods, friendly people but also little bit high food and drink prices. Especially experienced personel would be chance for the hotel. One of the very best hotel of the world. Thanks

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us with your family and for taking the time to post this very kind review. Being qualified as “one of the best hotels of the world” is a great reward for us! We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here with my daughter for a short shopping break. The desk staff were lovely and upgraded us to a really lovely feminine room perfect for the occasion. My only criticism is that I felt the rest of the staff were not particularly friendly or helpful. We had a drink in the bar and dinner in the restaurant and were ignored in both. I continually had to call a waiter over to order, for drinks etc or we were just left sitting there. For this reason I probably wouldn't stay again as have had better experiences at other hotels in Paris. That said it is a nicely designed and quirky hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
YvesMonnin, Directeur général at Saint James Paris - Relais et Chateaux, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Madam,

We thank you and your daughter very much for staying with us during your shopping escapade in Paris. I am glad to read that you liked our décor and services in general but am deeply sorry you felt neglected at the library-bar and restaurant.
We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a totally satisfying experience.

Davie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights as part of our 10th anniversary trip . Like many other reviews, we were upgraded to a suite upon arrival with a bottle of wine waiting on Ice upon entering the room. We arrived very early on our flight from Rome and the hotel staff did a great job getting us into our room way before check in as we were exhausted and also needed to freshen up before we hit the Louvre.

The concierge Pascal was extremely helpful in securing dinner reservations. He was also able to get us into the Moulin Rouge on very short notice when I was told the show was sold out.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a Romantic Paris Getaway. Thanks again for the great hospitality, we hope to visit you again in the future!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
YvesMonnin, Directeur général at Saint James Paris - Relais et Chateaux, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for selecting our little chateau as part of your Anniversary trip!
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the services provided by our teams, especially our concierges Clefs d’Or. Thank you also for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor; we all look forward to welcoming you back soon!

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Fortunately, this gem hasn't been discovered by celebrities yet. We spent the week of New Year's 2012 there.

In the past, my guy had stayed at Le Crillion which was as fancy but not as intimate as this hotel. Our upgraded suite was the perfect solution for us. Posh decor and a bi-level corner suite (rm 506) offered two TVs and two WCs plus Nespresso coffee, something we adored every morning as we prepared for another day in Paris. As Americans, we loved the temperature controls which were different for the bedroom, bathroom and living area. Antique fixtures and furniture are playfully accented by animal prints to create a welcoming ambiance

Christian, the concierge, secured reservations for ballet and for exclusive restaurants, obtaining best seats in advance, when I sent an email weeks ahead from the states. Christian also recommended a New Year's Eve dinner barge that was extraordinary. The exceptional service was evident in the library bar and in the reception area. Drinks are a bit pricey ($20 for a glass of wine, $20 for a martini) in the library bar so we went for other options.

Each night, we returned to the lovely estate with the uplights on the building and fountain, all which looked regal.

The location of this hotel is particularly nice, in a residential area of the 16th and near a Metro stop. Taxis can use the beltway (Peripherique) without delay. It was 30 minutes to CDG.

We are talking about our next trip already and wouldn't stay elsewhere due to the high level of service.

Dear guests,

On behalf of our entire team, I thank you very much for staying with us and for publishing this detailed review about our property, its décor, services and location. Our aim is to offer our guests tailored services in an intimate atmosphere and to help them feel at home rather than in a hotel. Being both a Relais & Châteaux property and a private club helps us to keep this very special intimacy and I can assure you that the spirit of the Saint James will remain unchanged for your upcoming stays!
Looking forward to becoming your Paris hideway,

Romford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel during Christmas and was pleasantly surprised. Over exceeded my expectations and would certainly come back. Staff went the extra mile and we were upgraded From Junior suite to suite once they realised it was my wife and I's anniversary. First time overnight stay in Paris and love this city. Decor was tasteful and very clean. MThe only thing I will change next time is that we will come back for longer and at THIS HOTEL. Thank you.

Room Tip: Suite are to die for
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
YvesMonnin, Directeur général at Saint James Paris - Relais et Chateaux, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Saint James Paris for your wife’s birthday and for taking the time to post this very kind review. We are all glad to read that we did - not only meet- but exceed your expectations. You absolutely need to come back for longer next time as there are so many places to discover! We will all be waiting for you at our little chateau that we hope will become your home in Paris.

Yves Monnin, General Manager

Been to Saint James Paris - Relais et Chateaux? Share your experiences!