“Great location in Paris” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain

You added Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain to your Saves list
Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46 blvd Saint Germain | 5th Arr., 75005 Paris, France (Panthéon)   |
Ranked #449 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris
Houston
“Great location in Paris”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We had a very pleasant stay here in July. The room was small, but very clean and comfortable. Good shower, comfortable bed and friendly folks working the front desk.
The location is great, a couple of blocks from Notre Dame and the Seine. We didn't do breakfast at the hotel, but there is a wonderful bakery just around the corner. There are several small markets nearby with great produce (everything you need for a picnic).
My husband and I were able to walk everywhere, but the metro is very close.
We drove into Paris and parked the car in a garage right across the street from the hotel for the three days that we were there (I did reserve that ahead of time).
We would definitely stay here again. You simply can't beat the location/value/convenience.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Turkish first
Oldham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed at the hotel Abbatial for 4 nights in July with my husband, daughter and granddaughter we had adjoining rooms on 1st floor.It is a lovely little hotel just round the corner from Notre Dame and river seine. The hotel has small but adequate rooms with plenty of drawers and hanging space the rooms are spotlessly clean with comfy beds it also had tea and coffee making facilities The bathroom had a lovely shower with plenty of room to move in. The breakfast is taken in the cellar and has plenty of choice. The metro is nearby so handy to get round. There are lots of places to eat nearby and the prices are very reasonable. You must try the little restaurant next door fab food go early as it soon gets full.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Hotel is well situated in the center of Saint Germain and all the major tourist attractions. It is walking distance to the River Seine and the subway system and therefore accessible to any part of Paris. Rooms are small but comfortable and had everything we needed for our stay. Balcony was a great bonus. Wifi worked pretty well throughout our stay. However the only negative comment I would make is that the Staff needs to work on customer service skills. Staff showed little regard or concern when my two kids and their luggage were stuck in the small elevator for close to an hour after our arrival. The hotel didn't have a key or tools to open the elevator door and we had to wait on a service repairman to show up. In total, we waited close to two hours to get the situation dealt with. No compensation nor apology were made for going through the ordeal, nor for missing half of our first evening at the hotel.

Room Tip: A balcony room facing St Germain lends to an airier and brighter stay considering the smallness of e...
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were 5 nights in this hotel with our adult son. We had the only triple room. It was on the 6th floor and had 2 window and no neighbors so it was very blissfully quiet. The beds were comfortable. My sons bed was short and not as comfortable but he was fine with it. The room had a lot of cupboards and hanging space for our clothes so we were able to move in for our 5 day stay. The bathroom was very nice with a tub shower combo. If you have trouble climbing into a tall tub this would not be a good room for you. The bath was clean and had a nice welcome packet of toiletries and plenty of nice towels. The room had a desk area that included a water boiler for tea/coffee. All in all we loved the room and it was comfortable for the three of us.

The location is excellent. We were able to find wonderful places to eat close by and the next block had all the usual French shops for food - baker, fruit, fish, butcher with rotisserie for a quick meal in your room if you choose. We easily walked to Notre Dame and other sites in the area and the Metro was a short block or so away. The front desk staff were very accommodating and spoke English. They arranged a shuttle to the airport for us. The breakfast was included so we ate at the hotel but we probably would have just picked up something at the baker on the run if it had not been included.

The only drawback for us was there was no iron in the room and my steamer had broken at the last stop. So we had to use the hotel iron in the laundry area in the basement. We will defiantly stay here again when in Paris. It is our new home in Paris.

Marbella
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

A perfect hotel for the short getaway. Friendly and professional staff. We had room 25 which looked over St. Germain. Maybe a little noisy with the traffic and early morning church bells, but spacious, clean and modern. A stone's throw away from the river and Notre Dame Cathedral. Metro stations all the way along the main road, making it really easy to get around. Good local bars, restaurants and supermarkets and a café across the road that offers a decently priced breakfast!

Room Tip: Corner suite is large and bright.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Boras, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was perfectly happy with my stay at Hotel Abbatial. I stayed there for 8 nights and because of that I got my breakfast for free. Which was surprisingly good! As a Swede I am used to our standard luxury hotel breakfast that we have here and I've learned to not expect to much when I'm staying in another country. But even with my high standards I really liked the breakfast at the hotel. And also, the lady who worked there was just great. She was so nice and it really seemed like she liked her job and took it seriously. So kudos to her! :)

Also, when I made my reservation I asked for a room on the top floor with a view over st germain boulevard, and guess what I got? Exactly that! I even had one of those cute roof balconies and you could even see the top of the eiffeltower in the distance. The air-condition worked great also. And the cleaning staff was also amazing! And not to mention the staff in the reception. Really nice and helpful people.

And yeah the room and hotel in general was super nice and cute and it was exactly what I wanted from a hotel in Paris.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

3 night stay May 2014: This hotel was in a great location right near Notre Dame, the Seine and a multitude of great restaurants and shops. The staff were very friendly and helpful with any request that I had and spoke great English. The rooms were small but adequate and quite expected for the location in Paris. The only thing that I would have changed if I could was the shower which was very small (even for a petite woman) and an awkward triangular shape. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again if in Paris.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain? Share your experiences!