“Wonderrful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain

You added Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain to your Saves list
Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46 blvd Saint Germain | 5th Arr., 75005 Paris, France (Odeon / Saint-Michel)   |
Ranked #497 of 1,791 Hotels in Paris
Marbella
“Wonderrful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

A perfect hotel for the short getaway. Friendly and professional staff. We had room 25 which looked over St. Germain. Maybe a little noisy with the traffic and early morning church bells, but spacious, clean and modern. A stone's throw away from the river and Notre Dame Cathedral. Metro stations all the way along the main road, making it really easy to get around. Good local bars, restaurants and supermarkets and a café across the road that offers a decently priced breakfast!

Room Tip: Corner suite is large and bright.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Boras, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was perfectly happy with my stay at Hotel Abbatial. I stayed there for 8 nights and because of that I got my breakfast for free. Which was surprisingly good! As a Swede I am used to our standard luxury hotel breakfast that we have here and I've learned to not expect to much when I'm staying in another country. But even with my high standards I really liked the breakfast at the hotel. And also, the lady who worked there was just great. She was so nice and it really seemed like she liked her job and took it seriously. So kudos to her! :)

Also, when I made my reservation I asked for a room on the top floor with a view over st germain boulevard, and guess what I got? Exactly that! I even had one of those cute roof balconies and you could even see the top of the eiffeltower in the distance. The air-condition worked great also. And the cleaning staff was also amazing! And not to mention the staff in the reception. Really nice and helpful people.

And yeah the room and hotel in general was super nice and cute and it was exactly what I wanted from a hotel in Paris.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

3 night stay May 2014: This hotel was in a great location right near Notre Dame, the Seine and a multitude of great restaurants and shops. The staff were very friendly and helpful with any request that I had and spoke great English. The rooms were small but adequate and quite expected for the location in Paris. The only thing that I would have changed if I could was the shower which was very small (even for a petite woman) and an awkward triangular shape. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again if in Paris.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The staff at this boutique hotel were extremely helpful and friendly. The location is fantastic,very short walk to Notre Dame and Latin quarter. There is a lovely cafe next door for breakfast that is half the price of the hotel breakfast. The rooms... Are not just small,they're claustrophobic. We could barely fit our suitcases in. There is a small bathroom with a shower, toilet and basin. For the price we paid we expected bigger rooms and more amenities.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We were so delighted with our recent stay at the Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain. We booked two rooms for my husband and me and our two teenage children. Our rooms featured all the amenities desired, great bathrooms and wonderful street views of a quaint Latin Quarter area. The breakfast was in a vaulted and clearly very old and ambiance filled portion of the hotel and left nothing to be desired. The staff could not have been more friendly and even agreed to open up the breakfast services earlier than posted to accomodate our early morning departure.
We have stayed in numerous hotels in Paris during prior visits but have agreed that we will stay at this hotel during our next visit. Great value for the money and within minutes of some of Paris' most desired sites (Notre Dame Cathedral, the banks of the Seine).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Roswell, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I booked the "triple room with Notre Dame views" back in January, confirmed I had that room for myself and my two daughters THREE TIMES, and upon check-in discovered we were in a small room with a double bed and an army style cot at the foot of the bed. The lady at the desk said as Americans we don't realize that the cot was a full size bed (it wasn't). I showed her my confirmation as well as the picture online of the room I was supposed to have and she said that someone else was in the room. I asked when they booked it as I had done so and confirmed twice since JANUARY!! It was June 12th!! She was rude and unhelpful and we were stuck in that room without space even for our luggage. I was so upset at how duped I was that I was in tears. That is terrible customer service to promise one room and give a smaller room without the features you are paying for.

Room Tip: DON'T TRUST YOUR RESERVATION!!! See the pic below of the room we got, and compare it to the &quo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This place was everything we needed and more. The room was small, but we weren't expecting it to be large. It was clean, updated, well-kept, but most importantly extremely helpful and friendly staff. They gave us many great restaurant recommendations, directions to different areas, helped us plan our itinerary, etc. etc. Just perfect. Great location near Notre Dame.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple