We went to Paris in April and stayed here for 3 nights, and really have nothing bad to say about the place. We would be happy to stay there again next time we come back to Paris.
-The room was very charming! Decor was classy and the room was a good size. Our window overlooked the street. For any business travelers that need WIFI as much as I do, the WIFI had a very strong signal (at least in our room) which was a big bonus.
-The staff spoke good English and was very friendly. There was a gentlemen working the front desk during the days that went out of his way to make us happy. Got us a cab when we asked for it, made a reservation for us at a restaurant that is near impossible to book, and even printed out a couple good maps of the area to help us get around (there was a lady who wasn't too helpful however, when we asked for a cab she said it's better if we walked to the nearest cab stand)
-Best location in Paris! It is close to all the major tourist stops but yet you are in the Germain des Pres, which to me is the best neighborhood in Paris. It is full of great cafes and restaurants, nice pubs/bars to go out, but yet you don't have that "touristy" feel to it.
-Walk out of the hotel, one block to your right is "Deux Magots" which has pretty average food but you can say you hung out at the same place where folks like Ernest Hemingway and Pablo Picasso used to spend time. Or walk a block to your left, and you are at Ladurée, eat some of the best desserts you will have in your life. The Seine is just a couple blocks further...you really can't beat this location.
I did read some reviews about the bad heating/AC in this place; I can't really comment on this as we lucked out with perfect weather during our stay. So we actually had the unit turned off the whole time we were there. The walls are really thin so expect to hear your neighbors conversations. We didn't care; it's all nit-picking comments for an overall great stay.
I will also mention that we got this place for a great value and price for Paris. We stayed in another area in Paris when we got back from the South of France, and we paid more for a very disappointing stay at another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of the Paris' most coveted positions, Hotel Saint Germain des Prés provides a cool haven with a feel of a chic Paris pied a terre. Built in the 18th century as a gracious townhouse, the hotel retains many period details and original architectural features.Today Hotel Saint Germain is a landmark of unique character and 21st century timeless elegance. A choice of interesting people the world over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Saint Germain des Pres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint Germain Des Pres Hotel
- Hotel St Germain Des Pres