“LOCATION” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #327 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Singapore, Singapore
“LOCATION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We booked 5 nights. Reason for booking was the location, and very good price package (B&B) and rave reviews.

Small hotel. Easy checkin, friendly front staff.

The room was TINY. And for some reason, cluttered with unnecessary furniture. I think one can expect small rooms in Paris, but this was tiny! Did not expect this, really.

The next morning requested a transfer to a larger room "junior suite" and paid a differential. The hotel staff were very good about it. Moved our bags in the tiny lift.

The breakfast was the usual continental. Neutral quality.

The only reason one would stay here is the extremely good location - close to St Germain, good food nearby, metro, buses. Quiet. Friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Louis2_Paris, Directeur général at Hotel Louis 2, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear puo,

Thank you for your review and your kind remarks concerning the efficiency and friendliness of our staff.
As you mentioned our rooms like all the hotels in Paris are small. We do furnish them to create a comfortable atmosphere, however we understand that it may be inconvenient for some of our guests.
If you had requested we would have with pleasure, removed part of the furnishings in order to make your stay more agreeable.
Although we have many wonderful reviews concerning the quality of our breakfast we do understand that it may not appeal to everyone but we are always ready to add extra products at the request of our guests.
We are constantly working to improve on every aspect of our hotel and our breakfast is no exception.
That is why we are very happy that you took the time to write this review and we will be looking at ways to improve on the points that you have made.
I am always available for any other information that you may need concerning our hotel.

The Director.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

A lovely, comfortable hotel with a very friendly, accommodating staff. Contrary to another review above, I found this to be one of the quietest hotels I've ever stayed at. It's on a tiny street with hardly any traffic, but we were on the fifth floor. Yep the room was tiny, but the bed was large and comfortable. There were some small shelves but no drawers for clothes. Very small bathroom and shower, but the fixtures were modern and the water pressure strong. Surrounded by literally hundreds of cafes, restaurants, bakeries, art galleries in a charming area, only steps from the Seine and art museums. So much within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear notooparticular,
I Thank you for your review, It's always good to know that our guests are satisfied with the quality of service that we provide, but also that on a human level that the warmth and friendliness of our staff is appreciated.
It is true that our rooms are small and charming but also comfortable.
I have taking account of your remarks concerning the lack drawer space and with my team will look at how we can improve on this.
Again your review is very much appreciated and we hope to have the pleasure of your company next time you visit Paris.

Mr Benjamin Maba
Director
Maricopa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We searched high and low on the internet for the perfect hotel for our August visit. We decided on this hotel and it not only met, but exceeded our expectations. The rooms were small, but that is what you should expect when you travel in Europe. If you are looking for a large hotel room, then book elsewhere, though I have to say you will be missing out on a fantastic experience.

It was very near the metro, and easy to travel with our luggage. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the bed was comfortable.

It was walking distance (for a young couple in theor 30's with no mobility issues) to many famous landmarks and locations, and near many walking tours in our guidebooks. There are lots of cafe's and restrants in the area. Right around the corner from the hotel is a small grocery - we used this to pick up some bottles of water, fresh fruit, and snacks for the day.

Fantastic hotel, and we will quickly book again on our next trip to Paris!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Louis2_Paris, Directeur général at Hotel Louis 2, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear starryice 2014,

I thank you for this wonderful review. I am very happy that our hotel excelled your expectations. Our goal is to give this kind of pleasure to all our guests.
Our staff are very friendly and accommodating. They work very hard to maintain the standard of quality that is required.
Your review will indeed give them the encouragement to continue. We do look forward to receiving you again soon and please don't hesitate to contact us if there is anything you desire to make your next stay with us even more agreeable.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel is in a great location with an updated Parisian feel. The room was expectedly small, but very nice and clean! I'm generally a sound sleeper, but the street noise woke me up multiple times a night. The staff were all very nice and helpful, but worked slowly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Louis2_Paris, Directeur général at Hotel Louis 2, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Katie P
Thank you for your review I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated. the helpfulness and friendliness of our staff.
The street is usually calm at night and it is regrettable that you were unable to sleep.
We will look at ways to improve the soundproofing hopefully making your next stay even more agreeable.
I meet with my team on a regular bases and we will discuss the remarks you have made and work together to make our service even more efficient.
Thanks again Katie P we hope to receive you again soon .

Your Sincerely
The Director
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel met all our expectations! Small but accommodation and service was the best. Old world charm but newly refurbished. Close to all the major tourist attractions.

We will be back next time in Paris.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lynn S

Thank you so much for your review it gives us a warm feeling to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have been, and continue to make changes within our hotel in order to give the satisfaction to our clients that you have so kindly expressed.
My staff are very pleased with your review as I am.
We hope you will return one day to France and it will be our pleasure to receive you again.
Once more thank you

Your sincerely
The director.
Geneva, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Excellent location: lots of bars and restaurants nearby
Friendly staff
Rooms very small but to be expected. The street was a bit noisy at night, it could wake up sensitive people.
Rooms were clean with good amenities.
Breakfast was too expensive, go to Paul 5min away instead.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Louis2_Paris, Directeur général at Hotel Louis 2, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Grischun123'
Thank you for your review.
I am indeed happy to know that you enjoyed your time in Paris and with us. The Hotel Louis 2 is very well positioned in the heart of the 6th area, Just one minute from the metro Odeon and surrounded by wonderful tourist spots. The area is also known for its great day and night life.
It's true that we have a very friendly and caring staff.
I am sorry that you found our breakfast too expensive however it is possible to reserve breakfast on arrival for the duration of your stay, for only 10 euro and not the usual 15 euros.
Also if you contact us before your arrival with details of any breakfast products that you would like to have, we will be only too happy to meet with your needs.
Again I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I hope we will see you again in the near future.

Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was looking for a nice & typical hotel in the center of Paris to spend a lovely weekend with my bf. On booking I found a special offer for a comfort room at the Hotel Louis 2 (155€ per night instead of 244€).
The position is absolutely perfect (carrefour de l'odeon). This is the only good thing.
Actually the hotel is nice, well decorated & clean.
So what's wrong?
I had to wait 35 min to check in because the young lady (all the staff is very young) had her head in the clouds. She gave me a tiny tiny room (no more than 9mq). I asked for a better one as long I reserved the comfort one (the difference is bath/tube bath). The staff has been kind and satisfy my request after 40 minutes. Not big change because the new room was about 10mq, but better than nothing also because they explained me that only junior suites are bigger than standard or comfort rooms. In the center of Paris is pretty common to get small rooms, I know it, but this one was really tiny (impossible to move with 2 hand luggages).
In the room there are no 4 stars facilities (no coffee machine for example). The bathroom was tiny as the rest of the room. Although the decoration is nice. The bed not that comfortable and the queen bed is made by 2 single beds.
A lot of noises. You can hear everything from others rooms or corridor.
The staff, maybe because so young & un-experienced, is not that professional.
I travel quite a lot, I sleep in 4 stars hotel as in bead&breakfast or un-starred hotels and I never NEVER had an experience like this. The price is not justified especially if you pay the full rate (244€!!!!). In the same street there are better hotels for the same price (Relais de l'odeon et hotel odeon).
Please don't waist your money

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Louis2_Paris, Directeur général at Hotel Louis 2, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Nikiwasthere,
Thank you for your review.
I regret that your stay with us did not meet with your expectations. And I apologize for any inconvenience that you may have endured. Our staff Of diverse ages are usually dynamic,reactive and attentive to our guests needs, and it's indeed unfortunate that this was not the case for you.
It is true that our rooms are not large in size which is standard for Parisian hotels in the 6th area. We will soon have tea making facilities in all our rooms for the moment they are available at the request of our guests.
Thank you for your appreciation in regards to cleanliness and decoration of our rooms.
I assure you that I have taken note of everything you have mentioned and I will work together with my team to make the necessary improvements.
Please don't hesitate to contact me as I am always available for my guests

The director

Been to Hotel Louis 2? Share your experiences!