“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #323 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel is in a great location with an updated Parisian feel. The room was expectedly small, but very nice and clean! I'm generally a sound sleeper, but the street noise woke me up multiple times a night. The staff were all very nice and helpful, but worked slowly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Louis2_Paris, Directeur général at Hotel Louis 2, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Katie P
Thank you for your review I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated. the helpfulness and friendliness of our staff.
The street is usually calm at night and it is regrettable that you were unable to sleep.
We will look at ways to improve the soundproofing hopefully making your next stay even more agreeable.
I meet with my team on a regular bases and we will discuss the remarks you have made and work together to make our service even more efficient.
Thanks again Katie P we hope to receive you again soon .

Your Sincerely
The Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel met all our expectations! Small but accommodation and service was the best. Old world charm but newly refurbished. Close to all the major tourist attractions.

We will be back next time in Paris.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lynn S

Thank you so much for your review it gives us a warm feeling to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have been, and continue to make changes within our hotel in order to give the satisfaction to our clients that you have so kindly expressed.
My staff are very pleased with your review as I am.
We hope you will return one day to France and it will be our pleasure to receive you again.
Once more thank you

Your sincerely
The director.
Geneva, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Excellent location: lots of bars and restaurants nearby
Friendly staff
Rooms very small but to be expected. The street was a bit noisy at night, it could wake up sensitive people.
Rooms were clean with good amenities.
Breakfast was too expensive, go to Paul 5min away instead.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Louis2_Paris, Directeur général at Hotel Louis 2, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Grischun123'
Thank you for your review.
I am indeed happy to know that you enjoyed your time in Paris and with us. The Hotel Louis 2 is very well positioned in the heart of the 6th area, Just one minute from the metro Odeon and surrounded by wonderful tourist spots. The area is also known for its great day and night life.
It's true that we have a very friendly and caring staff.
I am sorry that you found our breakfast too expensive however it is possible to reserve breakfast on arrival for the duration of your stay, for only 10 euro and not the usual 15 euros.
Also if you contact us before your arrival with details of any breakfast products that you would like to have, we will be only too happy to meet with your needs.
Again I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I hope we will see you again in the near future.

Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was looking for a nice & typical hotel in the center of Paris to spend a lovely weekend with my bf. On booking I found a special offer for a comfort room at the Hotel Louis 2 (155€ per night instead of 244€).
The position is absolutely perfect (carrefour de l'odeon). This is the only good thing.
Actually the hotel is nice, well decorated & clean.
So what's wrong?
I had to wait 35 min to check in because the young lady (all the staff is very young) had her head in the clouds. She gave me a tiny tiny room (no more than 9mq). I asked for a better one as long I reserved the comfort one (the difference is bath/tube bath). The staff has been kind and satisfy my request after 40 minutes. Not big change because the new room was about 10mq, but better than nothing also because they explained me that only junior suites are bigger than standard or comfort rooms. In the center of Paris is pretty common to get small rooms, I know it, but this one was really tiny (impossible to move with 2 hand luggages).
In the room there are no 4 stars facilities (no coffee machine for example). The bathroom was tiny as the rest of the room. Although the decoration is nice. The bed not that comfortable and the queen bed is made by 2 single beds.
A lot of noises. You can hear everything from others rooms or corridor.
The staff, maybe because so young & un-experienced, is not that professional.
I travel quite a lot, I sleep in 4 stars hotel as in bead&breakfast or un-starred hotels and I never NEVER had an experience like this. The price is not justified especially if you pay the full rate (244€!!!!). In the same street there are better hotels for the same price (Relais de l'odeon et hotel odeon).
Please don't waist your money

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Louis2_Paris, Directeur général at Hotel Louis 2, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Nikiwasthere,
Thank you for your review.
I regret that your stay with us did not meet with your expectations. And I apologize for any inconvenience that you may have endured. Our staff Of diverse ages are usually dynamic,reactive and attentive to our guests needs, and it's indeed unfortunate that this was not the case for you.
It is true that our rooms are not large in size which is standard for Parisian hotels in the 6th area. We will soon have tea making facilities in all our rooms for the moment they are available at the request of our guests.
Thank you for your appreciation in regards to cleanliness and decoration of our rooms.
I assure you that I have taken note of everything you have mentioned and I will work together with my team to make the necessary improvements.
Please don't hesitate to contact me as I am always available for my guests

Perugia, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay at this tiny pretty hotel. Great location, small but nice and clean rooms furnished in a good romantic style. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Nothing more needed for a great weekend escape to Paris.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Louis2_Paris, Directeur général at Hotel Louis 2, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of Hotel Louis2.
Many of our guests do find our rooms small but charming and we do have a very romantic atmosphere that appeals to many. We endeavor to create a warm friendly relationship with our guests throughout their stay and I am very pleased that this was indeed what you found.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Double rooms are fairly tiny (by American standards) but location is super convenient and close to a ton of brasseries, cafés and shopping. If you arrive during checkout time, the process of checking can be quite slow...we had to wait an hour before we got access to the front desk receptionist, and only to be told our room wouldn't be available until 3 hours later. The upside: they pour drinks generously at the lobby bar!

• Stayed November 2013
Hotel_Louis2_Paris, Directeur général at Hotel Louis 2, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear guest
Thank you for your review.
It's true that our hotel has a policy of check out at 12:00 and arrivals from 14:00. But we always try to accommodate our early arrivals as best we can and in as far as we can. Especially our guests from over seas who arrive early and need to rest.
There are days however when unfortunately we don't have early rooms available.
I would advise anyone who would be arriving early to contact us in advance by telephone or e mail and we will do our utmost best to prepair their room as early as possible.
Again I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel

Chicago, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This small hotel is in a perfect location. The staff could not be nicer or more helpful. The toms are quite small as most European boutique hotel are. Extremely clean, nice breakfast if you are ok to pay. Lovely and warm. Best part is staff and location. Great value for Oaris

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel
I will be sure to inform our staff of your kind appreciation. They are a very dedicated team.
We are happy that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast we are pleased to inform you that now, if you reserve our breakfast on arrival for your entire stay it will cost 10 euros and not the usual 15 euros.
Also we can supply a variety of breakfast products for anyone with special dietetic needs, If we are informed before their arrival.
We hope to see you again soon.

The director

Been to Hotel Louis 2? Share your experiences!