“Good size rooms, very central to Place Vendome” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mansart

You added Hotel Mansart to your Saves list
Hotel Mansart
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 rue des Capucines | 01 Arr., 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Palais-Royal)   |
Ranked #304 of 1,788 Hotels in Paris
Los Angeles
“Good size rooms, very central to Place Vendome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

While not super trendy, this hotel has large rooms for Paris IMO, and had an excellent breakfast and good speed internet. The hallways are a bit tiny as is the Parisian style lift, but the location is excellent, pretty quiet, and a good business hotel. I would stay again for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

For many years we have been coming to this hotel - because of its excellent location near Opéra Garnier, big rooms , friendly staff and reasonable prices.
Since the recent renovations the rooms are much more up to date, as is the lobby and all of the good elements seem to have improved as well- better breakfast, even better service than before. All the rooms are different, furnished beautifully often with nice antiques, and although the bathrooms are not always state of the art, they are comfortable and clean. As it is an old building, there can be some noise issues, but none that disturbed us. Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Higher floors and away from the elevator mean less chance of noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed here for two nights the weekend before Christmas to do some shopping and sight seeing.

The very good: staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. The residence bar was a great find after a day of shopping. Breakfast was amazing - all the coffee and croissant/bread you could wish for. Great location in the Opera district.

The average: the room is very large for Paris standards and the french windows that open onto the street allowed in some fresh air.

The poor: the shower was very small, the bathroom itself is large but the shower is small, you can spin around - but you're not going to take a long luxurious shower in it. The floor is all uneven, ok in the daylight but a bit odd in the dark. We were on the 1st floor, which had a fair bit of street noise at night. A higher floor might a better option.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The location is really good. And staff are really nice. I didn't have a chance to eat breakfast, but it looks really nice.
Room is okay, not that big but pretty cozy for us. The only thing I would think is bad of this hotel is the sound. You can hear TV sound from next room very clearly especially at night.

• Stayed December 2013
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We arrived at the hotel and were pleasantly surprised when we were upgraded to the largest room in the hotel (I mentioned in the booking we were on honeymoon) with a balcony that had a lovely view of the streets below. The room was well decorated and comfortable with two doors opening onto the balcony. The staff were very friendly and booked our airport transfer and gave us advice on the easiest way to get to the sights. The hotel is within easy walking of the Lourve and the Champs Elyssee. The metro is a five minute walk away. We would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was so disappointed on the first night when we reached our room on the 6th floor, it smelled old, the room looks worn out and the bathroom was so outdated! You even have to hold the showerhead to take a bath! Then I immediately told the hotel staff Pauline on the first night to transfer us because it was not as I expected at all. Instead of moving us right away, she just gave us a vague reply that she would just check tomorrow if someone cancels their booking..so obviously, it wasn't a full hotel yet and she could have easily transferred us if she wanted to be helpful. So we had to stay in that shabby room for a night. The following day, we asked again to be moved, and this time, another more helpful hotel staff moved us to a better room. It was explained to us that the 6th floor is really an unrenovated floor and the first to fifth floors are the renovated ones. Thats why I was so upset that we were not transferred right away inspite of our request the first night. Then, I accidentally left some toilletries in the previous 6th floor room we slept in..the next day, I called to ask about it, told the front desk staff as well in person, and when I came back in the evening, I asked again. I was just informed for the third time they will check the housekeeping but most likely, my items must have been thrown out already as they don't keep things that are left behind by guests! I am actually still checked in the hotel, so I just find it weird that they would throw my personal items when I am still a guest at present. And right now, while lying in my bed, I can smell cigarette smoke so my allergies is acting up. Im not sure if the second floor is a smoking floor or what. This hotel is really very disappointing. For an average of $280 a night, it wasnt worth it.

• Stayed November 2013
DirectionMansart, Directeur général at Hotel Mansart, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you first of all for having taken the time to share your experience of your stay at the hotel Mansart before leaving the hotel Mansart, only by receiving feedback and listening to our guests can we consistently improve and strive to continually get better.

I was distressed to learn that your stay did not meet with all your expectations, please accept my sincere apologies.

It was the first time you were coming to the hotel Mansart and your booking mentioned that you preferred being on a higher floor. 602 is on our top floor. This room has been partially refurbished in 2011 (the bedroom entirely) and is reflecting the atmosphere of the hotel, which means a mix between old furniture and modern colors. This room and bathroom have been entirely painted last summer and I could not find any special smelling in it. The bathroom is not newly refurbished, but is bright (daylight), useful and is in a really good condition. All our rooms have been refurbished partially or entirely since the last three years from the lobby area to the six floor included.

The season is very busy, for the first night we had three rooms left and not the ones of the category you booked, it was the same for the second night as well, that is certainly why Pauline told you that it would be necessary to wait the second day to check the occupancy of the hotel in order to confirm the possibility of moving to a different room.

For the specific bottle of shampoo you are using, we do train the chambermaids to keep aside all the items left from the clients and to call the housekeeper in case of a doubt. We were able to contact the lady who cleaned your room and got the answer today. As the bottle was already opened she threw it away. This incident is showing that we need to improve the communication if a guest is moving to another room and is staying in the house and as a gesture of our goodwill (as again you are using a specific shampoo) I will contact you directly to reimburse the cost of this bottle.

From what I heard from Pushpa and Anthony who made the check out procedure, you enjoyed the rest of your stay in room 211. I am sorry to read today that you had to suffer the smelling of cigarette, the hotel Mansart is entirely non smoking, As some people do not respect this instruction we have bought recently an engine supposed to destroy different smelling.

Once again I do apologize for the troubles caused to you during your last visit at the Mansart hotel. Assuring you of our best care at all times, we remain.

Emmanuel Gamez
Hotel Manager
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

For our second stay at the hotel, we have been once again delighted with our experience. Great service from the whole team who is passionate about making their guests happy. The rooms are well decorated and very comfortable. The breakfast is really a treat and you understand why French pastries are so popular around the world. We are looking forward to our next visit already !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Mansart? Share your experiences!