We had a wonderful spring Paris vacation due to its location. We had only 2-sunny days during our 5 day-stay at the Mansart Hotel. This hotel is centrally located: within walking distance to high & low end shopping venues (LaFayette, St. Honore boutiques, Rue Rivoli, etc.), Place de Vendome, Place Operah, cafes, metro stations, tour-vendors, and restaurants!
6-months prior to arrival we confirmed availability for 3-confortable twin beds and a large room. Instead, we got 2-twins and a very uncomfortable rollaway. Our AAA-Travel Agent and the hotel BOTH led us to believe good beds would be available.
The staff was both friendly and BUT not accommodating--our sleeping needs were not met.
The breakfast room is beautiful and the continental breakfast did include eggs, sausages, and very good coffee, in addition to the customary cheeses, croissants, yogurt, fresh fruits, and pastries. Elias, our server was extremely courteous, respectful, and accommodating. He was quick to replenish our empty coffee/milk supply.
The hotel loaned us umbrellas during the rainy days! My complaints:
(1) We did not get a recently remodeled room as per our email request.
(2) We did not get 3-comfortable twin beds
(3) We did not get a large room, and
(4) The Hotel was unwilling to provide a cost breakdown for our room. Since we paid a very high price for a 5-day stay, I want to know the cost for the extremely uncomfortable and back breaking COT!
My low ratings for the service, value, and rooms, and sleep quality are all related to the absence of a third "regular" twin size bed and the hotel's failure to let me know they were unable/unwilling to meet my request in response to my email. I would have reserved another room to assure our comfort!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Mansart is ideally located at the corner of the prestigious “Place Vendôme”, a stone away from the “Opera House”, the department stores and the luxurious boutiques of the “Rue Saint-Honoré”, the Tuileries Gardens and the Louvre Museum. This charming hotel welcomes you in a warm and intimate atmosphere with an attentive and friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Mansart reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mansart Hotel Paris
- Hotel Mansart Paris