“being in Paris at full French style” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mansart

You added Hotel Mansart to your Saves list
Hotel Mansart
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 rue des Capucines | 01 Arr., 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Palais-Royal)   |
Ranked #209 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“being in Paris at full French style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

great management and staff. Outstanding property and location.
If you are looking for a place in Paris, then the Mansart is the right answer.......don't miss out on this. Walking the city of the many lights and enjoy the easy access to all major sights and eatery......don't miss out a croissant experience in Paris...there is nothing like it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Biagioted

Laguna Woods, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Hotel Mansart is at the Place Vendome .It's in a wonderful location! I was there in late November - the lighted Christmas decorations in Place Vendome and the nearby stores were delightful .Just around the corner was a fabulous shop with croissants and quiche. From my room I could look out my window and view the street below.The room's furnishings were stylish yet practical.The downstairs lobby was tastefully decorated. The desk personnel were helpful, yet I missed the Hotel Mansart that I had stayed in many years ago. The price for a room has quadupled and the ambiance isn't the same. I would stay here again due to the location. You can take the Roissy bus from Charles De Gaulle Airport right to the Place Opera for 10 euros. We easily walked to The Musee D'Orsay to see impressionist paintings.We ate at Nomad's after it was recommended by the front desk. My husband was sick all night due to food poisoning.I'd stick the croissants and quiche on my next trip there. I love Paris, but this experience was not as marvelous as it could have been. I can't wait, however , to return to this section of Paris for a more extended stay.

Room Tip: I liked overlooking the street where I could view Paris from our balcony.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. The rates are reasonable particularly for the area. We stayed in room 409 which did not seem to have been refurbished and whilst it was clean and comfortable it was a little tired. The refurbished rooms are much nicer as our friends had one and definitely worth the price. Ask for a refurbished room and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here for New Years. The hotel is lovely; spacious and warm and is in a fantastic central location with metro stops close by and lots of brasseries and bistros also very close.

We stayed in a classic room - 211 which unfortunately stank of smoke. So much so that even leaving the balconette winows open for 12 hrs did nothing but make the room freezing. I asked to change and was told that the hotel was all non-smoking and the hotel was full. We changed on new years day but had to pay to upgrade as there was no availability. Given the stench it would have been nice for them to change rooms without charging us but 211 smelt so bad that I would have paid double to move. Even to another hotel.

However room 212 was really lovely. The breakfast was one of the best continental breakfasts I've ever had and the staff were incredibly courteous and helpful.

I would definitely return. Just not to room 211.

Room Tip: 212 was lovely - stay away from 211
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Holland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We had 4 great nights in the Mansart. The hotel is renovated but the old furniture is still used. A great combination from old and new. The Superior room was very spacious room on the backside. Even with open window at night we didnot hear any noise outside. We had only some noise from neighbour rooms.The bed were new and of a super quality. Could also take coffee/tea in the room.
The bathroom was also spacious and very modern with 2 douches (1 douche very large). The interiour of the hotel is very cosy and we felt us like home! The location on the Place Vendome is the top! You can easily walk to other parts of the town. The metrostation Opera is about 200 mtr.
The staff is very friendly and will help you if you want. The breakfast was very good; a small buffet and also many things bringing to your table. Very improved since our visit some years ago. The lobby is also renovated. The hotel has no restaurant but can arrange roomservice during some daily hours. We could not menstion some negative items. Next time we will choose again the Mansart. We want to thank the staff.
When you book the hotel directly you can ask for some prefferences.

Room Tip: The backside is more quiet. The frontside on the Rue de Capucines is not real noisy. The street is...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frans W
honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights. Room was on the large size for Paris, bathroom small and my husband didn't care for the tub with hand shower and no shower curtain to contain water from rest of room....understand this is quite typical in Paris. Recommend their continental breakfast, not much variety, standard, but hot coffee and last couple days added scrambled eggs and sausage, service very good. The desk staff were mostly terrific, Antony was so helpful, he translated a french e-mail for me and twice actually walked us outside to get us headed in right direction...others were good, there is an older women who is unfriendly but she knows her stuff and passes it on to younger staff. Very good location, good value for area, clean, safe, free wifi
Understand prices in area very quite a bit depending on time of year, no pool or fitness area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hmm, I converted euros to pounds and thought this was a bit rubbish for £500 a night (for 2 rooms) but then I worked out it only cost us £400 a night for 2 decent sized, clean, comfortable central Paris hotel rooms and it began to look like pretty good value.

We asked for connecting rooms when we booked and they phoned immediately and said they couldn't promise but they'd try. When we checked in we had adjacent rather than connecting rooms so they didn't really try hard enough (and if I had checked I'd have cancelled as I can't sleep properly when there are 2 locked doors between me and my children) so if it's important to you you might want to check this before booking.

The location is fantastic, really central, and the bathrooms and rooms (which are quite large, we had deluxe rooms I think) are comfortable although there's no conditioner supplied in the bathrooms so take your own. The continental breakfast was fine but the bacon and sausages were pretty unpleasant: microwaved scrambled eggs and flabby sausages. We only ate in the tiny breakfast room once and I wouldn't want to repeat the experience but they do deliver to rooms so we did that on our other days, which was much nicer.

A couple of other things didn't work while we were there: the lights in our room, which were either blazing on or off with nothing in between (despite various lamps in the room - they couldn't fix it, they said, when I called downstairs to ask) and the kettle didn't work either, which was a pain.

In short, the location is brilliant (5 minutes from the Place de la Concorde, less than 10 minutes from The Louvre) the rooms are decent enough, especially for the prices given that this is central Paris, but don't bother eating there or asking them to fix anything that doesn't work.

B minus I'd say, could do better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family