- Hotel can be affordable (even free) if you look for deals or are part of a loyalty program.
- Location is good. Opera district has lots going on (in heart of shopping, close to major tourist attractions, and a metro - Madaleine station with 3 lines- is one block away, no shortage of simple restaurants in area)
- Staff have been friendly and helpful when needed (i.e. broken lamp was replaced promptly, and my in room coffee maker was upgraded (not something I asked for but nice to have))
- Room (101) was decent size, had a closet and ample bathroom space.
- A plug by the desk remains on to charge devices even if key card is removed.
- In room safe is large enough for ipad, computer.
- WiFi was free for me, as was breakfast. Not sure if it is for all or if that was a perk of my loyalty program
- For US travelers, be aware that the French system of 4 stars has *nothing* to do with similar rating system in US. IN US, this would be more like a 2-3 star hotel. Carpet is getting worn, furniture has some dings, chair in room is one of those "this easy chair makes the pictures of room look good but not really something you'd sit in and relax"; bed is getting distinct concave on one side and a small ridge where the supporting 2 twin beds meet
- Wifi requires you to reenter log in information _every time_ you stop using it. i.e. when my computer goes to sleep after 3 minutes of inactivity
- Windows don't keep out street vehicle noise (and Tronchet isn't that busy!) nor people's voices just a little louder than normal
- Breakfast is ok. Nothing special, certainly adequate. I've had better breakfasts included and worse.
- The home page picture of lobby really is almost the entire lobby. Then again, it's a small hotel so not sure how many people would gather there.
The hotel property sits on top of many metro lines, and they run every 30 seconds to 2-3 minutes for most of the day. Folks who are used to that in other cities won't mind. People who are light sleepers will not want to stay on lower levels. The noise can be quite noticeable, and at times the building does rattle perceptibly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of the 8th arrondissement of Paris, perfectly situated two steps away from Place de la Madeleine the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Opera Opal 4* in the Opera district at 19 rue Tronchet in a beautiful 19th Century building offers a pleasant relaxing atmosphere in a refined contemporary setting. This 4-star boutique-hotel is a convergence of history, art and fashion and has the advantage of a privileged location close to the most beautiful museums and monuments in Paris. Perfectly served by public transportation (metro lines 8, 12, 14, 3 & 9), the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Opera Opal represents the ideal place for your Business and/or leisure stays in Paris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PREMIER Opera Opal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Opal Hotel Paris
- Best Western Paris