“What an amazing hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Saint-Louis en l'Isle

Save Saved
You added Hotel Saint-Louis en l'Isle to your Saves list
Hotel Saint-Louis en l'Isle
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 rue Saint-Louis en l'Ile, 75004 Paris, France (Hôtel-de-Ville)   |
Ranked #228 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Montreal, Canada
“What an amazing hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

My wife and i spent a couple of days in this hotel and we were extremely pleased. The location is absolutely central, on the "Saint-Louis" island, facing the Seine river. The staff were very polite & helpful. Our room was a reasonable size (according to Paris standards...) and breakfast was excellent (for a reasonable price : €13.00). Last, we used the airport shuttle service from the hotel and it was on time and very efficient!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

this place is beautiful and has a great location, en lisle... definitely a different experience. The location on an island makes you feel less congested, if you follow me. It definitely beats staying in the latin quarter(blah) or anywhere north of the marais(blah... too many tourists/too nyc-esque). This area is also incredibly quiet(i stayed on the first floor my last week there, but I got plenty of sleep even when i turned in early).

regarding the bathrooms, unless ur doling out $$$ for the the ritz/intercontinental, the awkward showers are to be expected in paris based on my (12+ years) experience. my second room on the first floor had a better shower(stand-up) than the top floor room. the staff here is help, funny and charming.... and most all of the restaurants nearby are amazing(though i'd skip the sandwich shops for better/cheaper ones east of l'isle).

make sure to take a stroll from here to the place des vosges, and check out the wine selection at the little market a few doors down(amazing selection of reds), and i very much enjoyed the seafood (country) salads at Le Louis Ix on the corner toward the lower eastward bridge. this is my first time visiting alone or away from the 17th arr., and I learned that the marais is even more awesome than they say! i'd recommend the marais for random cafe dates and drinks, and the latin quarter westward for nice sit-down dinners.

prices here are amazing for the cleanliness and Very new, historically preserved rooms. even my snobby french cousin was impressed when I told him the price! this place is a great find and I'll be back later this winter.

Room Tip: ask for top floor
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

A very good place to stay. This is a nice elegantly decorated hotel, in an excellent location within walking distance from the main sites. Great shuttle service!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Victoria Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

On our return to Paris in late October 2011 we had a brief overnight stay at the Hotel Saint-Louis en l'Isle and it was just delightful. Booking it was made easy on line as you got to see photographs of the accommodation. Only disappointment was we had booked a deluxe superior double room paid for it through bookings.com and although we were given a delightful room on the ground floor, I don't think we got what we paid for. However, the service and charm of this very well kept hotel was excellent. Walk out the door and you could east to your heart's content (at a price of course!). We would stay there again for the excellent service, which included a pre-arranged shuttle to and from the airport if you required for 60 euro.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you book and pay for.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

We arrived in Paris late in the afternoon and were picked up by the hotel shuttle service (which we booked ahead of time - at the same time you book the hotel "personalized airport shuttle service"). The driver met us just outside of the baggage claim area. He spoke English, and told us about the sites as we were driving up to and past them. The service is definitely worth the money, in fact we tipped the driver an additional 10 Euros. The people running the hotel were so accommodating and friendly - it was almost like staying with good friends. The location was perfect and the view from our room (small balcony) was amazing. We purchased the daily breakfasts (purchase at the time you book your room) and ate in the quaint breakfast area downstairs, which was just wonderful. I highly recommend this hotel!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Well,we had a mouse in our room. The management was outraged, insulted, and shocked that we should suggest there was a mouse in our room. Given the exengencies of my business schedule, I could not change hotels the first night. The mouse came back the second night. We didn't sleep all night. It was a brave little mouse, and I have much more respect for it than I do for the manager of the hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
HSLI_04, Propriétaire at Hotel Saint-Louis en l'Isle, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Dear Sir,
I am the owner of the Saint-Louis Hotels and I am very surprised of what I've just read. We have preventive controls every three months - this is mandatory in France - and we never found any "mouse" in my hotel. We asked our contractor to come after your departure and he didn't find any "rodent". We entirely renovated the hotel last year with concrete and stone floors and I really don't know how this could happen.
The grade that you gave us - worst grade ever in the history of the hotel - worst grade in each and every category (including the location where we always have 5/5) is the reflect of your state of mind but is not the reflect of the quality of the hotel. I hope that Tripadvisor readers will trust the other comments that our guests are publishing, week after week. since the hotel was renovated. You are certainly aware of how bad this kind of comment will affect my business. I truly believe this is unfair. Forgive me for my bad English.
Best Regards - The Owner
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I just returned from 2 weeks in Paris! The last nights of my trip were spent at this wonderful, quiet little hotel. Close to everything and easy to navigate from and to. I felt safe and well taken care of. The hotel arranged to have their driver take me to the airport as well. No hassle. I am an over 60 traveler who has traveled all over the world so travel and hotels are nothing new to me. I will be coming back to this hotel....the room was lovely and clean with everything anyone would need. Breakfast was easy and pleasant as I read the paper. I would highly recommend this hotel with no doubts. Do not hesitate unmaking this your Paris destination hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Saint-Louis en l'Isle? Share your experiences!