“Lovely boutique hotel in fantastic location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de l'Empereur

You added Hotel de l'Empereur to your Saves list
Hotel de l'Empereur
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   02 rue Chevert | 07 Arr., 75007 Paris, France (Tour Eiffel / Invalides)   |
Ranked #195 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
uk
“Lovely boutique hotel in fantastic location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel de l'Empereur from the 18th to the 21st January 2013 and would definitely recommend it as an ideal hotel for couples visiting Paris. The hotel itself is in an ideal location about 5-10 mins away from the Eiffel tower and literally less then a minutes walk from a met station. It is situated in a lovely area of Paris with many restaurants and bars to choose froms. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel but found a good restaurant named Le Terasse towards the Eiffel tower that offered coffee, orange juice, croissant, baguette and jam and egg and bacon on toast for 13 euros. I would also recommend 7e vin for food, a perfect Parisian bistro.
We had no problem checking in and our room was one of the best I have stayed in considering it's location. It was very clean, well decorated with a wonderful , modern bathroom. Shower was very powerful and hot which was vital after coming in from the freezing cold and snow! The bed was comfortable and freshly laundered and our room was regularly cleaned during our three night stay. The only downside was that at the time we stayed, there was building work being done to the hotel so there was scaffolding outside our window which ruined the lovely view of les invalides considerably. There were also builders at the window and throughout the hotel making quite a bit of noise but other then that, everything wa perfect!
Overall, the hotel was an essential factor in our trip being so enjoyable and I would recommend it to anyone. Lovely room, fantastic location

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
empereurparis, Propriétaire at Hotel de l'Empereur, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guests,

thank you for your comment.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
The building work is being done to the hotel so there is scaffolding outside until the end of february. We have to do this outside renovation and we are sorry that the view is not good until then.
The builders at the window and throughout the hotel are making a bit of noise only from 09:00 am to 4:00 pm.

Thank you very much for your comprehension and for your very nice rate.

I hope to welcome you again soon.

Catherine Pelletier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The hotel itself and the surroundings were much as described, in other reviews (good). This was the first time I had been abroad for some time and was pleasantly pleased with Paris ltself, except for " value for money". Hotel at £150 per db room per night, (breakfast [self/serv + 12e}-no tea or coffee in room) ?, in fact the whole place, Paris that is, was a giant Disney World. In my recent UK travels, I had occasion to spend a night in a Travelodge, situated in some nice countryside, the room was slightly more basic than "Paris" but with Tea/Coffee included, for £30. per rooom per night.??
I would visit Paris again, after I win the Lottery.
regards / gh

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

thank you for your review.

I hope you'll win the lotterie very soon to be able to come back and visit us :-)

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Lovely hotel not far from the Rodin Museum. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was a good size (for Paris) and the bathroom was great. The rooms are more spacious than they appear in the photos.

Great location - just a few minutes' walk from cafes and restaurants, museums and galleries.

Breakfast is basic (the coffee is not great), but fine. Location, decor and staff more than make up for it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
empereurparis, Propriétaire at Hotel de l'Empereur, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guests,

thank you very much for your post.

I hope to welcome you again.

New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My friend and I booked a standard room for 3 nights in December 2012.

For the Christmas period, the rates were reasonably good considering the location (three metro stations within a 5 min walk, cafes abundant, Eiffel Tower 15min walk).

The room was fantastic, with an incredible view. The only let down was the service standard.

We arrived at 10am, way before check-in time. The lady at the service desk blankly refused checking us in early, and despite us obviously being tourists, didn't provide us with one word of touristy advice. This level of service continued for each of the three nights we stayed - the room was great, the service was just apathetic. The owner, who we met on the last day, was quite welcoming however.

I would likely stay here again if the price was right - the location and rooms really were fantastic.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guests,

thank you very much for your review.

I am very pleased you liked your stay with us despite the welcoming that was a little cold...
I am trying hard to make this situation change and I am sure she'll make progress very soon.

Thank you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Our family of four stayed here last week and had the interconnecting rooms 53 & 54, which are essentially two hotel rooms, (with two bathrooms) connected by a small corridor. It was an excellent choice for our family as it allowed us to have a separate bedroom to the children and a little bit more space than we would normally have with the 4 of us in the one room. The beds were extremely comfortable and the view of the Dome is definitely worth paying the extra price, you really feel like you are in Paris when you look at out that view!

The local area is very quiet and peaceful and Rue Cler and Rue St Dominique are within walking distance and offer some lovely restaurants. We had breakfast at the Hotel each morning which we thought was excellent value at 12.50 euros per person (cheaper for children) The breakfast included croissants, baguettes, cheeses, meats, cereal, yoghurt, fresh fruit, fresh orange juice, tea, coffee and hot chocolate.

Thank you to Remy at Reception for his warm welcome and helpful advice. We would most definitely stay at this Hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, you won't regret it. And if you have a family, ask for the interconn...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

thank you for your comment.
I try my best to make you feel like at home and I am pleased you felt to.

I hope to welcome you again soon.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The location of the hotel is very good, near Rue Cler (i.e., lots of dinning options) and two metro stops. The Eiffel Tower was also easily within walking distance (~10 minutes to view, 40 minutes to walk all the way there).

Our room was very nice, the bed was very comfortable and everything seemed freshly done. Our room also had a cool view of Les Invalides (right across the street, worth a visit).

Our main complaint was the breakfast offered was overpriced, not of good quality and/or selection, and the service wasn't friendly (the person serving breakfast specifically, the rest of the staff was quite friendly). It was also strangely hot in the breakfast room (I don't get it?). Do your self a favor and go to one of the many nearby cafes which feature tasty pastries and coffee. Also, while it did have an elevator only two people could fit in at a time (one person with luggage...) so we took the stairs most of the time. Not the end of the world, but a little inconvenient.

Overall we were happy with our stay, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Room Tip: Skip the breakfast.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

thank you very much for your review.

I will be very happy to have you stay with us again.

Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I booked in this hotel having low expectatives about the service. The rate was economic and it was well located, near three metro stations, so I made the try. When I arrived the exterior looked old and the nameplate showed just two stars instead of three, elevator was broken and I had to left my baggage in the store room that they have at the reception because I arrived too early and my room hadn't been cleaned yet. So, my first impression wasn't the best, but I have to say that in general terms I received a good service, the staff was very warm and efficient, the elevator was fixed the second day of my stay and it worked well since then, the room was clean, comfortable, functional and with a good view to the Invalides.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guests,

thank you very much for you comment.
I would like to remind you that the check in is at 02:00 pm and check out at 11:00 am. We try our best to clean the room as fast as we can but it depends so much about the guests before you in the room...
We will change the nameplate soon as we are now a 3 stars hotel. We didn't have the time to do it before...
Our elevator is usually fixed within the day however it can take time for the technician to come over and fix it.

I hope you'll come back soon.

Catherine Pelletier

Been to Hotel de l'Empereur? Share your experiences!