“Another Perfect Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel des Grands Hommes

You added Hotel des Grands Hommes to your Saves list
Hotel des Grands Hommes
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Place du Pantheon, 75005 Paris, France (Quartier Latin)   |
Special Price
50% off room rate
Ranked #116 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, USA (Home), Taipei, TW (Work)
“Another Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I made a return to our home away from home in Paris last week. Usually, my wife and I stay here on holiday, but I was traveling solo on business this time and even though my worksite was not near the Grands Hommes I was more than happy to go a little out of my way for another stay here.

The highlights of this hotel for me are the staff, the location and rooms. The staff are friendly, greet you by your name and are always quick to help with any needs you have. We enjoy the food and shopping in the 5th and 6th Arr. so the location of the Grand Hommes is perfect. Having the Pantheon right outside the front door is a great bonus too. Finally, the rooms, they are relatively large compared to other rooms we've stayed in around the city, are well maintained and spotless.

Room Tip: Views of the Pantheon can't be beat.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have just returned from a 3 night stay at HDGH. Our beautifully appointed room on the 6th floor with a furnished terrace and view of the Pantheon was simply stunning. We really appreciated the impressive level of customer service including the warm welcome on arrival, efficient housekeeping and free WIFI.
Can't wait to return.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Spent a few nights here for my honeymoon and really enjoyed it. We had a beautiful room on the top floor with a view of the Pantheon and the roof tops of Paris, all the way to the Sacre Couer.

The Hotel staff had prosecco and flowers in the room for us on arrival and we had breakfast on the balcony each morning.

They were so helpful and made the stay very special for us.

There is a well appointed seating area in reception with some nice looking bottles of spirits that I never got a chance to try. The only negative I found was ironing my shirts etc. for going out in the evening for dinner had to be done in the basement hallway. Generally I would have thought I could iron in the room. A minor issue, the great things about the hotel far outweigh the ironing problem.

It is located in a beautiful part of Paris with a nice private square located just behind the hotel where there are some nice cafes, a marche and a boulangerie.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel, my best stay in Paris yet, very romantic.

Room Tip: Room 61 is just a double room but you get a beautiful terrace facing the Pantheon and Paris. The onl...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Mosjoen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had 2 rooms for 5 nights during Easter. Upgraded to rooms facing Pantheon at 5th and 6th floor. Reasonably large rooms for Paris, good quality with safe and free (working!) WIFI. Very nice staff. Good breakfast, but a bit pricey compared to nearby places. Very easy connection with RER from CDG, and the location is perfect with a lot of sights within walking distance. Lots of restaurants - in all sorts of quality - in the neighbourhood. We missed fire detectors in each rooms - they were only in the halls. Traffic noise or noise from other rooms was not a problem for us. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Less traffic noise high up, nice view on 6th floor facing Pantheon
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
MathieuGH, Assistant de Direction at Hotel des Grands Hommes, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Arne W,

Many thanks for having taken the time to write your very positive comment about your stay at the hotel.
The hotel has full 4-star service. My team and I are really pleased we helped make your stay a success.
Besides, there is indeed no fire detection in rooms but all our door are fire-resisting.

Calabasas, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I just finished a 5 night stay here and was very pleased. There were a few things that may prevent me from returning (I'll mention later), but my experience was really lovely. Guillame (sp?) checked me in and he was so sweet, answering all my questions even after I got to my room and couldn't figure certain things out. I think he came up several times and had a smile on his face every time. There was a lovely Asian fellow that checked me out when I was leaving... didn't catch his name, but I did see him several other times. He was also extremely nice and pleasant. Another fellow from Morocco was super nice. They all spoke English very well (thankfully because my French is lacking) and I appreciated that. All were willing to help and answer questions, although I didn't ask much for directions or recommendations, etc. I spent alot of time outside the hotel except for one morning I relaxed in my room before heading out. I had breakfast three times- an omlette a la carte each time, which filled me up. I forgot to ask to try the tiramisu, which I really wanted to (didn't see it on the menu). I was eating breakfast when I left and they sent me along with a couple croissants to eat in the car, that was very sweet of them. I even had to leave before the breakfast room was open, but asked if they would serve me 15 minutes early and they did. My room (54) was very cosy. It didn't matter so much since I was alone, but if I were with someone it would have been too much I think. The bathroom was spacious, I had a tub shower combo and was very happy to warm up in a hot bath after spending the day out in the rain, cold and wind. My room faced the courtyard and altough it wasn't beautiful it didn't bother me. Maybe next time I'll splurge and get a room with a view on a higher floor. I agree with other reviewers that the soundproofing is lacking, and am not sure if that is fixable. Most nights it wasn't an issue because I was the last one coming in (early in the a.m.), but I was very quiet and considerate of those around me. One night my neighbors across the hall came in at midnight and made so much noise with their friends from another floor- talking and carrying on in the hall. It felt like they were right next to me... in a sense, they were because my bed wasn't far from the wall that separated my room from the very small hallway. But yes, you can hear footsteps, talking, other phones ringing... it's not super private, but it's Paris.. rooms and hotels are small. It's kind of a given. I would bring earplugs and ask for a room that doesn't get much traffic near it if it bothers you. The breakfast lady could not have been nicer and I love that they'll bring the breakfast to your room at no extra charge. The lobby is small, but they've maximized the space well. I did use one of the sitting areas to catch up with a friend living in Paris one day and that was very nice. What else can I say? Oh, the hair dryers (wall mounted) are really a pain. Mine would work only intermittently, so I had to dry my hair in shifts until I found another dryer in the back of one of the closets. The bathroom is missing outlets so I had to plug the second dryer and my curling iron in inside the bedroom and use part of a mirror to do my hair. It wasn't ideal, but I made it work. If you take time on your hair and need to plug things in, definitely ask for a bathroom that can accommodate this. All in all, I enjoyed my stay because of the beauty and staff. I didn't like the 3 block walk to the metro (I know, all of you Europeans are probably laughing at me), but I was very busy and missed having a metro super close to my door (like my other hotel did). But, I checked the map and knew what I was getting into. It's not bad, but I prefer to be a little closer to the metro. Also, just an FYI: the steps that Owen Wilson sits on to be picked up in Midnight in Paris are right around the corner, just behind the Pantheon to the left if you are facing it straight on. Ask the staff, they can probably give you better directions.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dear Rachel C,

Hospitality and service is at the heart of our job and I am glad we succeeded in it!
Our breakfast propose different fresh products with different formula : 8€, 12€ & 14€ for the full breakfast. We added with no extra fee a home-made smoothie or a home-made tiramisu.

Pisa, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sincerely, I was at the hotel because the incredible ratio between value and money (There was a BIG offer). But next time I'll be in Paris I'll be there again. The place, atmosphere were so impressive. I got room number #1, the biggest in the hotel, but I know others are quite large as well. Maybe the breakfast is rather expensive, given the quantity of food, but u are in Paris and no one is perfect!

Room Tip: Room number 1 is the biggest, but it is at ground floor and directly on the street (there is the pa...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
MathieuGH, Responsable réception at Hotel des Grands Hommes, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear guests,

Our smallest room is 15 sqm and the largest (room #1) is 35 sqm!
For the breakfast, we propose 3 different formula at 8€, 12€ and 14€ for the full breakfast. We add with no extra fee a home-made tiramisu!!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

this is a lovely small hotel in a great location. The decor is very french and spotlessly clean.
The desk staff were nice and helpful. The hotel is easy to get to from the CDG airport .
I would certainly use this hotel again and free wifi .

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

My team and I are really pleased we helped make your stay a success. We attache indeed a strong imporatnce to guests service and housekeeping.

Mathieu Billaud and the staff of the Hôtel des Grands Hommes

Been to Hotel des Grands Hommes? Share your experiences!