“Super hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel du Ministere

Save Saved
You added Hotel du Ministere to your Saves list
Hotel du Ministere
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31, rue de Surene, 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #154 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Derby, England, United Kingdom
“Super hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Lovely rooms - we asked for a double although we got two adjacent singles - not ideal for your honeymoon !
Nonetheless, stylishly decorated.
Breakfast was fantastic - tasty and all organic.
Location was perfect (short walk to Champs Elysee/Concorde or Madeleine).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Isabelle T, Directeur général at Hotel du Ministere, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear 2013Geoff,

We want to thank you for your very kind review.
We are very happy you enjoyed the style of our rooms, and promise that you will be accomodated in a room with king size bed for your next trip... maybe for the celebration of your first wedding anniversary !
We hope we will have the opportunity welcoming you once again in Paris.
With best regards

179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a pretty little boutique hotel. The neighborhood is a bit quiet but it's convenient to attractions and the metro. The night shift reception guy was very charismatic and helpful! The decor is fun and stylish! I'll stay here next time!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Benanza,

It is a real pleasure to read your comment!

As you mentioned, day and night, our entire team is always happy to assist our guests, It is with pleasure that we entrust our secrets on Paris!

The decoration is another highlight of our hotel. This one combines high quality comfort, with modern equipment.
Located in a quiet street of the center of Paris, but just near busy and happening areas as Champs Elysées, Arc of triomphe, Tuileries Garden and some of the nicest parisian shopping places, the situation is very convenient to discover paris and feel the atmosphere of the city,

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel du Ministère and hope to welcome you again very soon!
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Apparently faster to answer on tripadvisor than to check their mailbox or respect a word given over the phone (TWICE!!!)
Wrote to them several times, gave TWO INTERNATIONAL CALLS FROM VIETNAM where i have been told it would be done immediately and to date nothing.

I am not asking for anything crazy, just trying to get a name added on an already valid reservation (for visa purpose...). no name on booking = no visa = no trip for one of us (we are 3, one need to have his visa done).

It tells a lot of the professionalism we could expect in the hotel.
so as you seem to pay more attention to social network than to customers contacting you directly by mail AND by phone answer this one. on tripadvisor.
at least gives me a chance to hear from you!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Isabelle T, Directeur général at Hotel du Ministere, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Sir,
I am deeply sorry of what happened. Your request is not that usual and the person who took care of your booking couldn't handle this particular situation. She is no longer part of our staff.
Despite this situation, I hope that you took advantage of all the services provided by our hotel totally renovated in the centre of the 8th arrondissement.

Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed for two nights on a business trip and had colleagues also in hotel. I was not too impressed but they seemed very happy.

Miniscule rooms but done with care and a reasonable attention to detail. One of the team had a shoe box on the top floor - which was a magical lesson in design - in terms of getting all things into one room. I had a first floor room (#14 I think), which was not as small but still pretty tight.

Nice and friendly staff even if they were a little grumpy that we turned up late on our first night. Maybe why we got the smaller rooms....

Breakfast was ok - pretty limited but actually nice food and sufficient.

Best thing is probably the location, just off the Fauborg, so a handful of restaurants nearby but not as busy (or noisy for that matter) as you might expect for central Paris.

Of the negatives, price is highest. It seems a complete rip off to have to pay €250 for a shoe box AND then get stumped with a bill for breakfast.

Room Tip: Not #14, #24, or 34.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Nice hotel with 24 rooms, but especially very friendly staff. I arrived very early (around 6 am) and had a very friendly welcome from the night shift staff, providing me internet access for the time I needed to wait and coffee. Also the staff during the day was very friendly and spoke English very well.

Room Tip: As I was alone I had a very small room, was extremely quiet though and I slept 8 hours straight.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Isabelle T, Directeur général at Hotel du Ministere, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Client,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. providing an excellent service to our clients is our leitmotiv.
hoping to welcoming you very soon again at the Ministere Hotel

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I selected the Hotel du Minstere because of its location and price, for a one night stay. I knew from the reviews, as well as personal experience, that a "classic" room was likely to be small, and the hotel did not disappoint. There was barely sufficient clearance to place my suitcase (admittedly large) on a stand against the wall, opposite from the foot of the bed. Nonetheless, with that expectation in hand, I was generally quite satisfied with the room.

The bed itself was quite comfy and the room had good lighting. There was a small desk adjacent to the bed, with an electrical outlet located nearby that made charging laptops and other devices convenient.

The bathroom was spotlessly clean, stocked with fragrant toiletries, a terry robe and slippers. It was equipped with a decent size stall shower. However, the drain on the shower was quite slow; both times that I used the shower, water accumulated to the point where it leaked out under the door, soaking the bathmat and floor. Very annoying. Had I been staying more than one night, I would have complained.

There is a mini bar stocked with free mineral water (bubbly and still) and orange juice. In addition, there was a complimentary plate of fresh fruit on the desk -- the one apricot and few grapes that I ate were at the peak of freshness. (I mention this because often I find that hotels provide complimentary fruit, but it is of mediocre quality).

A full "American" breakfast is included in the price of the room if you book directly on the hotel's website but is 20 euros extra if you book through a 3rd party. As the website price and the prices I found on 3rd party sites were identical, it obviously made sense to book through the hotel site, especially as I needed to leave early for a flight from CDG. However, although breakfast is advertised as starting at 7 am, this is misleading, at least on the Saturday morning when I was there. When I checked in and mentioned that I needed a taxi for 7:30 am to go to the airport, I was informed that breakfast does not begin until 7:30. Upon pointing out that the information in the elevator and website says breakfast begins at 7, I was informed that cold items (croissants, coffee, juice, etc) are available at 7 but that the hot items would not be available until 7:30. When I arrived downstairs at 7 am the next morning, however, no breakfast was yet available. Rather, it was not until about 7:10 that the cold breakfast items and coffee were available, and only after the receptionist hollered back to the kitchen. Perhaps this is not the case during weekdays when more guests may have early morning plans.

Overall, I was satisfied with my stay at the Hotel du Ministere, but that is because it generally suited my needs. I wanted a moderately-priced, but somewhat upscale hotel in the 1st or 8th arrondissement. Had I been staying for a longer period and less particular about location, I probably would look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Isabelle T, Directeur général at Hotel du Ministere, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Client,
Thank you for your comments, helping us to always improve ourselves and the service provided to our customers.
Hoping to welcoming you soon again,
kind regards
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

This is possibly a good hotel if you literally want a bed for the night, rather than a 'room' or a 'hotel' experience. It serves it's target market very well, but perhaps that is a business market and maybe a tourist 'couple' market. But the rooms are so small you would struggle to 'live' in the room in a traditional sense of a hotel. The bed is very comfortable, the bathroom well equipped. The walls are rather thin!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Isabelle T, Directeur général at Hotel du Ministere, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear client,

I am sorry to read that your experience in our hotel was below your expectation even with a very good bed and a well equipped bathroom. I point out your attention on the fact that we have 3 differnet categories of rooms. The Classic room is maybe not the largest but ideal for one person. The Deluxe room is very large with a higher price and you may also book a Junior Suite, even larger.
The service and attention given to our clients is the same whatever the room category. May I invite you to try another category the next time you come to Paris. I will be more than happy to help you.
kind regards
isabelle Thos

Been to Hotel du Ministere? Share your experiences!