“fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Vienna, Austria
“fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

A friend and I decided to go to Paris. We both have been there before. I have stayed in different places over the years (left and right bank) but I prefer staying close to the Centre Pompidou area. The things I would like to say about the Hotel du Haut Marais in short is the following:

great location, very friendly hosts, small but very well provided rooms, very clean, stylish bathroom, fantastic breakfast buffet

I will definitely stay there again.

you cannot stay any better for

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I liked this hotel because it worth for value, the reasonable price, i especially liked the restaurant, they made a special decoration for it. My room was lovely, well-decorated, a desk table accompanying with a light lamp. The helpful manager showed many things to do and i decided to book a city trip included with sailing boat on the Seine river. I would recommend this hotel !!!

Room Tip: lovely room was deluxe
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We really enjoyed our recent stay at the Hotel Haut Marais. It's in a great location, is reasonably priced, has small but stylish rooms with breakfast & WIFI included. We loved staying in the Marais and being able to walk most places was a huge bonus! We would definately stay at there again & would highly recommend it.

Make sure you get directions on your way out because it's on a small sidestreet & can be a little hard to find.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Pros: Updated decor, updated bathrooms, good location in the Marais, good price that includes a continental breakfast
Cons: very small room (even by Parisian standards), owner who could use a bit more customer service skills (especially when compared to our other stays in France).

As the owner will tell you, this property is more of a guesthouse than a hotel. Because it's off a main avenue, it's quiet at night. But if you need to sleep during the day, the fact it's across from a school playground makes a nap difficult.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I visited in September (2012) for 4 nights. We stayed in the 5th floor apartment with my sister and her husband. There was plenty of room for the 4 of us. We all LOVED it! It is a charming, meticulously clean, old building that has been renovated and well maintained. In a fabulous neighborhood, close to the Arts & Metiers Metro station and within walking distance to many great restaurants, shops, etc. The owner, Didier, is charming, accomodating, friendly and helpful, and also gives you your privacy. You are a guest in his home essentially. The breakfast provided is excellent, more than enough food, fresh fruit, croissant and baguettes, and coffee of course! Everything about it....terrific. and not to leave out...the French poodle, Dixie...adorable!

Room Tip: The apartment has a separate bedroom with a queen size bed. There is a pull-out bed in the living r...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had the great pleasure of staying at Hotel du Haut Marais on a brief break in Paris.

The unassuming exterior belies the wonderful welcome and beautifully styled rooms that await within.

My third floor double room was spacious enough, with a gorgeous modern bathroom. I was there alone, but it would be marvellous for a couple - romantic, intimate and something really special and different from bland chain hotels.

The breakfast was simple but of the highest quality, and the hotel is situated moments walk from a plethora of cafes, bars and shops.

Should I have cause to return to Paris again, I'll be sure to look up this place and keep my fingers crossed that they have vacancies.

Room Tip: Given the beautiful condition of my room and the appealing style of the office and breakfast room, I...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I had two free nights at the five star Park Hyatt Vendome (Hyatt credit card offer). I was sad when I left there because it's like staying at a palace. Then I moved for five nights (May 2012) to the Hotel du Haut Marais. It was like visiting a good friend, with a nice guest room with a lot of privacy. I felt so at home. It could have been depressing to move from a five-star hotel to a little inn, but I was very comfortable. It's a great neighborhood.

It's simple. The place is immaculate. The bathroom is brand new. The hosts really do make it an oasis of hospitality.

I don't drink coffee, and I love that they serve first-quality orange juice in the morning. There are no eggs, but the breakfast is simple and first quality (cheese, meats, bread, yogurt, croissants, etc.). A large dining table is set and you get to meet everyone else at the hotel. It's in a comfortable stone cave with crystal chandeliers.

Again, it's really nice having a brand-new bath that is not like a closet. It was spacious enough. Not like a tiny closet bathroom.

Some people have made comments in other reviews that it's on a quiet street with no cars, and they were not sure about safety late at night. Honestly, there is a small pub, around the corner (which is not noisy). There were always people out even at 1:30 in the morning. I never felt unsafe. It is a great neighborhood that seems to be getting a lot of new restaurants with very good ratings (and not too expensive). There were always enough people out that I felt comfortable if I stayed out late.

Didier and Marc's restaurant recommendations were excellent. They are very nice. One night, had a bottle of champagne with them then went out to dinner.

Book early. It fills up. There are only six rooms for them to maintain, so they go out of their way to make it great little inn.

Also. Keep in mind that the Louvre was open until 10:00 PM on the Wednesday I visited. I arrived at noon and finally left at 9:00 PM.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor facing the street. It was totally quiet at night. There is a church w...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel du Haut Marais? Share your experiences!