“Excellent cheese! Excellent service with a lot of patience. Go buy cheese!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fromagerie Laurent Dubois

Fromagerie Laurent Dubois
47 Ter Boulevard Saint-Germain, 75005 Paris, France (Panthéon)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 373 shopping in Paris
Type: Specialty Shops
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Perfect shop for the cheese lovers. Many delicious varieties and an amazing atmosphere makes this gem a must-see.
Tel Aviv, Israel
22 attraction reviews
“Excellent cheese! Excellent service with a lot of patience. Go buy cheese!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is Paris! Go buy cheese and eat on a bench in Parisian park with a fresh baguette!
And buy home! Our whole family enjoyed.
Strongly recommend. We bought there three times while we were in Paris.
By the way nearthe store there is a market three times a week and the cheese shop was cheaper than the market

Visited April 2012

OREGON
10 attraction reviews
“Good Cheese. Rude Cheesemongers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Great cheese. This is not a place one goes to learn about cheese but is a fine place to spend money if one is already familiar with the varieties. (Or perhaps the cheesemongers were too harried to be civil the day we were there? I'm sure it can be trying, slicing cheese for tourists all day.)

Seeing the Laurent DuBois was conferred the title of MoF (Meilleur Ouvrier de France) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meilleur_Ouvrier_de_France brought me into the shop and the beautifully arranged (though some of the sliced trays were dry and did not look fresh) and intriguing cheeses made me want to buy cheese here instead of at the many fantastic fromageries nearby. I do wish the little cheesemonger who begrudgingly sliced our cheese had been a bit less hostile, but the cheese was tasty and as long as you aren't expecting courtesy I would recommend coming here if you are in the area.

Visited June 2012
St. Louis, Missouri
30 attraction reviews
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Surprised my husband with a visit to this cheese shop after reading about it on TA. He loved it and ended up going back a second time to take some cheese home with us. The staff was very helpful and spoke English. It seemed like a few tourists along with locals came in the shop. The prices were also reasonable (got a small block for a picnic 2-euros and 3 larger blocks of cheese for around 20 euro). It is located at the Maubert Mutualite street market. The cheese shop is literally right in front of the market. There is also a nice bakery and wine shop (good selection with a variety of prices) next to it, perfect for picnic supplies. It was also close to the apartment we rented on Ile de St. Louis (walking distance). They did seal our cheese, so we could take it on the plane. This is also a nice area to walk around. Gerald Mulot is not far for delicious macaroons and the street market is there on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday (closing around 1 or 2).

Visited April 2012
Dallas, Texas
16 attraction reviews
“A pure delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011 via mobile

I read about this shop on tripadvisor and being a lover of fine cheese made a point of making this part of my recent visit to Paris.
My six year old granddaughter, who is also a cheese lover, accompanied me on this trip. We arrived in the morning and were greeted by two of the friendliest most helpful people I have met anywhere.
I told them my granddaughter was going to be selecting the cheese this morning. They were patient and informative and allowed us to sample various cheeses. It turn out that we choose two different varieties. One for Gabby and one for me.
We bought bread at a shop next door and picnicked under the EiffelTower.
I highly recommend this shop for its cheeses and for a wonderful experience when in Paris.

San Francisco, California
26 attraction reviews
“God's cheese shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Located right off the Maubert-Mutualite Metro stop (which also has Paris' best bakeries (Eric Kayser, and Charcuteries) is one of Paris' best food temples. The establishment is small, clean, and very beautiful. The layout/merchandising is simply incredible...all the cheeses are presented geometrically on white platters. The staff helps each customer taste and choose the cheeses. Not to be missed.

Visited July 2011