“Not worth the price, nothing special” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30-32 Boulevard Poissonniere, 75009 Paris, France (Opéra)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #574 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Jerusalem, Israel
“Not worth the price, nothing special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

When you get a hotel for $200-300 per night you would expect a lot more than you get at this hotel. The breakfast is not included. The rooms in very small. The WIFI is shotty. And the location is nothing special. Half the staff was VERY nice and half the staff was VERY rude. The lobby is very small. The breakfast (if you paid for it, it is only $8) is quite good. Overall it is not even close to worth the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear JarvisC1,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay.

I am truly sorry to learn that the service you received was less than satisfactory. I would like to apologize for any dissatisfaction you had with our rooms and WiFi service and regret that some of our staff failed to meet your expectations.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

476 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Spent two nights at the Holiday Inn over the snowy weekend.

Location: A 20 minute walk or brief Metro ride from Gare due Nord. The main plus of the hotel is the Metro station as you leave the hotel and the Opera area being full of bars and restaurants.

Room: Very clean and modern. Comfortable bed and cleanm and tidy bathroom.

Staff: Friendly and helpful

The only slight negative is that we were put in a disabled room (even though I booked a couple of months before). This meant we had a wet room which was not ideal as the water did not drain very well so the floor stayed soaking. The worse part was the strong light of the fire exit sign once the lights were out that li up the room.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel but would not stay in this/a disabled room again!

Room Tip: Do not get a disabled room unless you need it!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Paris is a quite expensive city. Thats why i Believe that this hotel was satisfing.
The hotel is old, but the rooms and the bathroom were clean, it was close to monuments, and just next to a metro station and i loved the breakfast! (although its been a long time and i dont know how it is today) . Thats what you need to enjoy your visit in Paris. And last but not least, very friendly staff :)

Stayed July 2012
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel was in a great location about 10 minutes walk from Au Printemps and Galleries Lafayette. The best thing about this hotel was it's cleanliness.. it was spotless. The bed was very comfortable. The bath was really deep with complementary bath salts and bath robes.

The breakfast could be a little better however

It's a great city hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at the HI Paris Opera=Grands Boulevards for three nights, 19, 20 & 21 January 2013. I arrived late at night in freezing cold weather, snowing fairly heavily.
The Staff member on Reception was extremely polite (I am a regular business traveller in Europe and it almost took my breath away as to how pleasant she was). Although I had booked online weeks before, I was informed the hotel was full and I got a room on the 9th floor. That equates to, take a lift to the 8th floor and then walk up the spiral staircase to the 9th floor.

I did get help with my luggage, but should I stay again (which I am almost sure I will), I will request to NOT have a room on the 9th floor. I was on a business buying trip and was always carrying items, so would have preferred not to have to navigate a spiral staircase each time I arrived back at my room.

The room was small as in very small. It was supposedly a double room. Rooms in Paris are small. Sizewise I managed for myself alone as I set up a system, but I am really not sure how two people could fit into the room. I don't think it would be possible.

Not an issue for me, as I would always go alone on business.

I had an inside room, not facing the street and it was quiet.

Everthing was new and had a good appearance. Flat screen T.V. Rail for clothing, no shelves or cupboard. Good reading lights. euro6 for 24 hours wifi.

The shower was large. It was wonderful. Brand new walk in shower. Water was not boiling hot, but I really believe that could have been due to the weather, it hit minus 10 degrees, and water pressure not great, but nothing really to complain about.

Lots of towels for one person, More than enough toiletries if needed.

Tea and coffee making facilities (I did have to climb over the bed to reach the kettle though), and minibar, which had a bag of lettuce in it! Lettuce and basil! Very interesting! The toblerone I was eyeing disappeared during my stay!

Location was fantastic, Metro outside the door, but it was difficult for me to judge the immediate surrounding area because of the weather. It snowed and rained for the duratiion of my stay.

I did try the breakfast on one morning. It was good and I would do it again.

All the staff on Reception were extremely pleasant and helpful.

I booked the first two nights online about a month prior to my stay, but booked the last night whilst I was there. The rate rose by almost Euro100. The last night was a very expensive option, so book early.

I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Not on the 9th floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear loverofmilan,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff. Please allow me to apologize for the room accommodations you received that was less than satisfactory and any inconvenience you may have experienced. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again on your next visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Algiers, Algeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

If you intend to visit paris for leisure and to visit city center without spending too much time in the hotel, this is the hotel to go. 20m from metro station and not far from grands boulevards city stores as well as theatres and cinemas, this hotel shows a good cleaniness standards. A bit expensive for such small rooms (15m2 ideal for singles). The hotel have just been renovated, so the shape is OK. Avoid breakfast there, there are plenty of cheap and good quality restaurants in the area that offers much better food for the same value (16€).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My mom and I come to Paris each year for the shopping and this has been the best hotel yet!
Location:
you step out of the metro (M grands-boulevards) and you step right into the hotel! This station ahs two metro lines that will get you anywhere in Paris in 15 minutes
It is also located in a nice area with lots of bars and good restaurants.
And it's about a 10 minute walk to Lafayette.

Service:
Very friendly at the front desk. Our tv was broken in the middle of the night and they immediately sent somebody to fix it ! You can also leave your luggage there for as long as necessary.

Breakfast
We didn't have it in the hotel because it is very expensive 18 euros/pp and you can have a nice breakfast anywhere in Paris (literally on every corner)

Rooms:
Nice and clean for PAris, comfortable matresses and cushions. very big bathroom. Lots of soaps. a safe in the room. And a mini bar with reasonable prices (2 euros for a coke). You cans also make coffee and tea.
the only minus on our room was that the window didn't close for 100% and the wind blew in (and it was freezinga nd snowing outside) but the heat worked fine!
We had a room on the inside of the hotel and didn't have any npise, not even from the hallway !

We will definitely come again ! We loved this place and at a very reasonable price!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards? Share your experiences!