“It's great but....” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“It's great but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Ok, fantastic position, easy to find and the rooms are clean, however, I could easily have given a one out of five. For a couple or young people I would highly recommend the place however be aware that as soon as you open the main door there is a flight of stairs to tackle that are narrow, after which there is a tiny lift, but then that's all you need just take life slow :). We had a larger studio room 32 which I loved but was a little small. I think anything smaller than the 20 sq metre would be too small for more than a night.

The position is amazing, I would definitely stay in Montmartre again if I were to return. Nightlife is there and by nightlife I'm only talking about walking about with lots of restaurants, and a few shops along with lots people until late at night. And although on the edge of the "red light" district it doesn't intrude and I felt fairly safe.

However whilst I must stress that I don't think that this is the norm, it appears that this is not unusual; on our last night (ok France thrashed Suisse at the World Cup), I went out to get a crepe and there were kids in hoodies drinking and smoking, sobbing(?) in the halls and who approached me talking in French. I went back to the room and made my husband call the contact number mainly as I was worried they would set the fire alarms off, but was told that there was nothing they could do as they didn't know if they were friends of guests or not. It's not a hotel, you do not have the same guarantees as you do in a hotel, you rent an apartment for a duration and you can invite people when you want, obviously so can any other guest and therefore, the management are unable to do anything unless there is any criminal damage, which may not be what you want for your family.

Would I book it again, yes, I would and it was great, but we don't have a family would, having said that I wouldn't recommend it to my sister in law as she has small children and this sort of incident would concern her greatly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Greek first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed here with my family and loved it. My little girl aged 2 Lola also loved the hotel. We had two rooms right next to each other as my parents were next door. Very clean everything I needed right down to a hair dryer,was a bonus !!! Great view of the busy street being next to mouline rouge was fab seeing all the atmosphere but didn't get woken in the night which was good !! Flounce couldn't have been of more help with tickets/maps/advise and very polite thank you for a wonderful stay .I will be returning to this hotel in January :) would recommend.

• Stayed May 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Our family of 4 traveled to Paris for our spring break vacation. It is very difficult to find hotel accommodations for 4 people in Paris and many hotels want you to book 2 rooms. Residence Blanche turned out to be the perfect option. This was our 4th trip to Paris and our first time at Residence Blanche. For the reviewers who think the rooms are small haven't seen many rooms in Paris. This hotel had the largest rooms of all! We particularly liked that we had our own bedroom and the girls (ages 17 & 19) could sleep in the "living room & kitchen" on the pull-out sleep-sofa. Please note, however, that anyone sleeping on the sleep-sofa might need to pass through the bedroom if they need to use the bathroom. Not a big deal for a family but might be uncomfortable for 2 couples sharing.
We were a little nervous being next door to the Moulin Rouge, thinking it would be noisy at night, but the hotel is well soundproofed. We all slept great.
As far as location, the metro is right across the street, as is a Starbuck's. We actually walked, mostly. We found it an easy walk to Sacre-Coeur and longer but very pleasant walk to the Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum, Lover's bridge and Notre Dame. Restaurants and shopping - all easy walks if you're reasonably fit.
Because you'll have a kitchen, you can make a few meals in your room and given that there is a grocery store with bakery directly across the street, you'll save a little money too. We couldn't stay away from the croissant's and Nutella crepes - you can eat these things if you walk as much as we did!
Emmanuel, the owner, and Florence, the manager were VERY helpful answering our questions.
I also need to comment that Parisians are very helpful and friendly. When we needed to get our bearings, our map wasn't open for more than 5 seconds before a local would approach us to ask if we needed help.
We will definitely stay here again when we return to Paris!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This place far exceeded our expectations. The staff were friendly and welcoming when we arrived. The apartment was a perfect size for a family of four and had recently been refurbished. The decor was clean and modern and the beds/sofa beds were very comfortable. The apartment had a great city view with mini balcony opening onto street. It was a perfect area to be based, a short walk to Sacre Coure, with atmospheric Parisienne streets in the surrounding area. The apartment was right opposite the Metro station so was perfect to explore the rest of the city. We will definitely use this as a base when we are in Paris again and wouldn't hesitate in recommending to anyone else visiting.

Stayed April 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stayed for three nights on the top floor in a two room apartment (sitting room with fold out couch and a bedroom with a double bed). It was a perfect spot for me and my son to base our exploration of Paris. The sitting room has a small kitchen with table, dishware and a small refrigerator. It's in a vibrant area with the seedy Pigalle sex shops a few blocks away in one direction and charming restaurants and Cafes just a few blocks away in another direction. There is a metro station literally just across the street for easy access to the city. The staff is very welcoming and ready to make you feel at home. It will be my base for future visits to Paris for sure.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

What a lovely little abode in the heart of Monmarte. Nothing swish but all you could possibly need. Lovely people, clean and comfortable accommodation. We will definitely make this our base for exploring Paris. As a plus, the restaurant used in the film Amelie is about 100 yards away, and the Moulin Rouge is virtually next door. For an excellent meal try the Basilisc at the top of the street, beautifully quirky, and excellent food (go with the daily recommendation)

Room Tip: Go for the room with a little kitchen, its about 20 EU more per night but well worth it as there are...