“Bargain bric-a-brac.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #97 of 426 Shopping in Paris
Type: Flea/ Street Markets, Specialty Shops, Shopping
Activities: Antiquing, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Search through this large collection of antique pottery, utensils and curiosities and you might just find yourself a gem.
Bath
6 attraction reviews
“Bargain bric-a-brac.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

British television has discovered this antique market that still retains the old fleamarket atmosphere. And so, they send a couple of twerps to act up to the camera in the attempt to get something for nothing. But, bargains are to be had especially now that it has grown into a thriving community. It contrasts greatly with the plusher antique centre in the north of the city where money is no object for those seeking to furnish their millionaire mansions.

Visited July 2012

Lebanon, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
“The thrill of the Hunt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We love the Porte de Vanves flea market. Go every time we are in Paris.It is easy to get there on the metro and there is something for everyone.Little bits of French life and history. We have found everything from marvelous paintings, antique French postcards,antique advertising with signs and pitchers, vintage clothing, silver, jewelry, bone snuff boxes, and even old wooden false teeth.It is possible to find almost anything you are looking for. I collect hand colored French postcards and have found collections there that are worth a lot. You can ask for a better price also. When I buy a lot of postcards I get great prices. Go early..it is on Saturday and Sunday only.....we go about 8:00AM.....expect a crowd.If you get tired or want a snack, there is a great cafe where you come up from the metro ...sometimes my husband wants to spend more time and I sit outside at the cafe and peruse my purchases and have a drink or snack. No one bothers you and it is a great place to people watch.The people who run this cafe are very nice.

Visited October 2011
York, England, United Kingdom
“Haven't come to Paris to see a Jumble Sale”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012 via mobile

Made a trip to this place and fully regret it. Waste of time.

Toronto, Canada
19 attraction reviews
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

A great low-key atmosphere plus a wide variety of goods...I found some cute figurines and some books. Even if you don't buy anything, it's a pleasant visit if you have a free morning.

Visited July 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
14 attraction reviews
“Fantastique finds!!~ Brilliant Boncante!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Porte de Vanves flea market/Bocante is one my very favourite places in all of Paris!! My whole family loves it!!
If you are an early bird, give it a go on a Saturday or Sunday morn!
Get a taste of real Paris! the sights the sounds, smell, people, culture, life......Even if you don't leave with a fab find ( which is not likely), you WILL go home with a precious souvenir you will carry with you for a life time.
If you are a flower child like me, you will get most of your gifts for family & friends back home there. Why buy touristy, cheaply made, trinkets that are going to get stuffed in a drawer, when you can get gorgeous quality useable, appreciated vintage/antique French & other European treasures for your loved ones. And of course one or two bits & bobs for your self.
I head for the buttons, french victorian laces, enamelware, bags, fabrics.....Oh got the most beautiful VERY VERY OLD oil painting during our last visit! (the best part is the beautiful story that came with it of the precious elderly tres l'homme gentil that I bargained with for it!) I will never forget that dear old man, never ever!
My other fav find wasn't something purchased at all! It was a photo my son took of the market, he had it put onto canvas & framed for me after we returned home. It is just stunning! People always ask where this beautiful photo was taken!

The stunning rustic setting can't help but cause your creative juices to flow like a river, It is an absolute artist haven!

That same young son was thrilled to find some very cool ties & leather goods for his friends in the States.Young people are totally into the vintage scene!! They all are crazy for the stuff! Smart kids eh?!

Don't we all love receiving those precious pressys that were hand picked just for us. I personally adore well crafted items that have been previously well used & cared for by someone long before I happened upon it....with a history....
Let's keep making those memories while re using re loving... Happy shopping!!

Visited September 2010