We only had one day in Paris. Booked this hotel through the Eurostar website and was very happy we did.
First, the staff was outstanding. Particularly Alicia (or Ilcia, sorry, I'm sure the spelling is incorrect). She was extremely knowledgeable and gave many insider/local tips. Told us the best places to eat in the surrounding area and the cheapest place for currency exchange. She helped us out when we had a major problem the next morning, and even helped us store our bags after checkout, so we could walk around unburdened by luggage. She spoke almost perfect English, which was invaluable and a concern of mine because I speak no French. She is truly an asset to the Citadines brand and should be promoted!
Location: I am not an expert on Paris, but I think I lucked up when I chose this hotel. The location was wonderful, and we had a great time walking around Saint-Germain. The surrounding neighborhood is full of interesting shops and shop windows to stroll around and view. Facing the Seine River, very close to the Pont Neuf, Pont des Arts (lover's lock bridge), Notre Dame, the Louvre. So much to see!
Hotel: We got there a little early, but they managed to have a room available for us. It is an apart'hotel, so it had a small kitchenette. This would have been utilized more if we would have stayed longer, but we only stayed one night, so it wasn't utilized. Wi-Fi was really good, plenty of plugs for power, large living room area, nice separate bedroom, pull-apart sofa for the teens (a tucked in bed actually separated so it could be moved further away from the sofa bed). Quiet corner room on the ground floor overlooking a courtyard and gym. No problems there. Heavy curtains to keep out light. Warm, inviting hotel foyer that allowed 24-hour coffee/tea/hot chocolate/cappuccino machine. Vending machines around the corner that contained snacks, sodas and bottled water, but also had a water cooler with cups for free water.
I would definitely stay here again, and I highly recommend this hotel for anyone based on the staff, cleanliness, and location. Price was okay, but we did stay just before Christmas, in a great area on the Seine, and got a very large room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Paris in one of its most attractive districts, this Apart'hotel sits on the banks of the Seine opposite the Pont-Neuf, and is just a short stroll from Boulevard St-Michel. It is located in a legendary quarter, the crossroad of all cultural trends, where charming cafes, antiques dealers, art galleries and stylish fashion boutiques abounds. The banks of the Seine are lined with second-hand book dealers. From here, you can admire the magical view - the Pont Neuf and the ile de la Cite, with the Vert-Galant headland and the Place Dauphine, the Conciergerie (medieval prison) and, a little further downriver, the prestigious Louvre Museum and Musee d'Orsay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Prestige Saint-Germain-Des-Pres Hotel Paris
- Citadines Paris
- Citadines St Germain Des Pres