“Nothing exceptional but very functional and practical” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris

You added Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris to your Saves list
Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   53, ter Quai des Grands Augustins, 75006 Paris, France (Luxembourg)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #254 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
“Nothing exceptional but very functional and practical”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband, my then 15 month old and I stayed at Citadines St Germaine in Aug 2010 for a couple of weeks (approximately). My memory of this apartment was that it was nothing flash, however very functional. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment. The location was excellent, St Germaine is a very lively area with many eateries. The hotel was also very close to The Louvre and Notre Dame. I recall the staff being very friendly and helpful. The gym was good and breakfast adequately. I would recommend this hotel based on convenience and location. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Korean first
Home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I just stayed at this Apart-hotel for the first time. St. Germaine is our favorite neighborhood in Paris and this property is centrally located. Never had to take a cab except from train station and to the airport. Clean, spacious room. Free wi fi that actually worked well (I had to work through my stay so this was very important for me). Front desk personnel were very nice and helpful - all spoke perfect English.

Only negative was that the air conditioning was not powerful enough (we like to be cold when we sleep). However, it was a very hot week in Paris this week.

We will definitely be staying here on our next trip to Paris.

Williston, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We spent a week at Citadines Prestige and were very comfortable. The location was central to everything. The staff was very helpful in booking events, getting taxis and such. Always a good espresso, latte, or hot cocoa on hand. Very clean and although it is located on a busy street, we did not hear street noise from our room.

Room Tip: We had a studio room with a small kitchen. It was nice to be able to fix some of our own meals.
Mooloolaba, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We thought this was a great property for both location and having space in the studio apartment we had. It was well laid out with a separate bedroom and small kitchen with tea and coffee making facilities which as you know in Europe are few and far between. It was also very modern and clean. There was also a laundry in the hotel which was very handy. The breakfast was simple but great and was 12 euro per person it was mostly a cold Buffett but they also had soft boiled eggs. The location was awesome with lots of great bars restaurants, cafes and shops and also a hairdresser close by. It was in walking distance to the Louvre and Notre Dame. I would definitely stay here again. The staff were both friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: We did not have a studio that overlooked the Seine but if you would like a view book a Club Studio
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

You really can't beat the location to stay in Paris. The one room hotels in the Pigalle are the same price so I don't know what the folks complaining about price are talking about. Yes the air conditioning is weak to nothing but many places in Paris don't even have AC. We are staying here right now and ours works in the the back bedroom. Staff was very kind and offered to move us but I don't care about AC. The brought us a great fan for the living room. Despite other reviews they do come and change your towels and make the beds daily and do major cleaning from time to time. Kitchen is stocked with towels etc. Yes the hotel is old and in major need of an over hall but I doubt it will be $270 a night once it's redone. It's a great place to come back to and rest in Paris. The hotel is hardly the main draw when one is in Paris so considering that this place is great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Really enjoyed my recent stay at this hotel! The hotel overlooked the river Seine, and is only a five min walk to both the Notre Dame and the Louvre. We stayed in the studio room, which was nice and spacious, with a little kitchenette with a microwave, hob, fridge, dishwasher etc etc which was brilliant to have as some days we didn't want to eat out, and just went to the local supermarket round the corner and bought stuff to make. The staff were friendly and helpful and were able to speak English and communicate well with those who don't know much French. We never had breakfast there, but they serve free teas and coffees in the lobby all day long which was great!!! They hotel also offered free wifi which was handy to look things up such as attraction opening hours etc. Overall, this was a great hotel, superb location, lovely decor, great service and overall made our visit to Paris both enjoyable and comfortable. Would definately recommend.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with a view of the Seine as we ended up with a room which overlooked a large...
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

It was my first ever experience in an apartment hotel. The location turned out to be better than what I had imagined. Rooms are stocked with usual amenities and this is where it ends. Yes, it is great to be able to walk up to Seine or Notre Dames or even up to nearest Metro station. The staff doesnt understand much English. If you need any refills for tea/ coffee or any amenity, forget about it. I had to remind three times to front desk and when their housekeeping staff arrived, this guy shouted at me in French. The Front Desk seemed unconcerned on lodging a complaint. The “ light housekeeping” service concept was new to me. I didn’t like their concept of not cleaning used crockery or even not replacing used crockery.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris? Share your experiences!