On a recent visit to Paris there were three of us travelling together so we decided to share an apartment rather than two separate hotel rooms. I chose this property because of TA reviews and its location - it was my sister's first visit to Paris and we wanted to be close to the main attractions.
The location was perfect. Next to the Seine, we could walk to the Notre Dame, Saint Chapelle, Boulevard Saint-Germain and the Louvre. The Metro station was also close.
We stayed in a one bedroom apartment with a sofa bed. When we entered the room we were extremely pleased to discover that the apartment was on two levels with the main bedroom upstairs. This was the perfect set-up for us - it gave us all some privacy during our stay. During our four week European holiday this was the only sofa bed my sister slept on but she said it was the most comfortable and the best bed she had slept on (we stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels elsewhere).
The bathroom was on the upper level; however, there was only one toilet downstairs. The stairway was steep and narrow and may not suit everyone.
We were located on the top floor and had great views over the Paris rooftops - this was an unexpected surprise. It helped us feel more connected with the city as we sipped champaign and sampled the abundance of local French cheeses we bought from the supermarket located a short walk away (highly recommended).
Our apartment was refreshingly large by Parisian standards with loads of storage and coat hangers, a kitchenette (with small fridge and dishwasher and good quality plates and cutlery), ironing board and balcony. The decor wasn't anything special but it was roomy, clean and comfortable. There is a gym but it's located in the rabbit-warren corridors connecting the different sections of the property.
What I wasn't aware of was the rooms are not serviced every day - but every second day. It didn't really bother us.
There was no laundry (or it was out of order) but there is a great laundromat close.
Compared to Paris hotels we have stayed at we thought this apartment was fantastic value for money for 3+ people traveling together. Compared to a 4 or 5 star hotel this property would be a 3.5 equivalent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Paris in one of its most attractive districts, this Apart'hotel sits on the banks of the Seine opposite the Pont-Neuf, and is just a short stroll from Boulevard St-Michel. It is located in a legendary quarter, the crossroad of all cultural trends, where charming cafes, antiques dealers, art galleries and stylish fashion boutiques abounds. The banks of the Seine are lined with second-hand book dealers. From here, you can admire the magical view - the Pont Neuf and the ile de la Cite, with the Vert-Galant headland and the Place Dauphine, the Conciergerie (medieval prison) and, a little further downriver, the prestigious Louvre Museum and Musee d'Orsay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Prestige Saint-Germain-Des-Pres Hotel Paris
- Citadines Paris
- Citadines St Germain Des Pres