This was our 2nd trip to Paris. The first time we stayed in a hotel which was small and not conveniently located. This time we decided to go the apartment route and this Citadine was recommended to us. What a surprise when we arrived! Despite having a room in the 3rd building, which is a bit detached from the reception area, the room was huge (by Paris terms) and because it backed on to a smaller street, was very quiet. Having a kitchenette gave us the flexibility to eat in or out. Because I am tall, I didn't want a sofa bed. What we got was a Murphy/wall bed which turned out to be really comfortable. Having Wifi in the room was a great perk. It was a fast connection and we were able to keep in touch with our family and friends back home. There were lots of restaurants and small stores for groceries,,,and many chocolate shops within easy walking distance. We never had breakfast at the hotel because we were trying to eat lite, but there was a small boulangerie at Place St. Michel (3 minutes away) that had a great breakfast deal, The St. Michel metro stop just a very short walk away allowed us to travel to the many places we wanted to see and to get to and from the CDG airport. But what we found was that we could have walked just as easily from the hotel. Of course, the Louvre and Notra Dame were really close, but so was the Musee D'orsay and from there, the Grand Palaise and from there the Champs d'Elysse. You get the point. Paris was great over the Christmas holiday period and we plan to make this trip an annual event. Of course the Citadine will be our first choice. Definitely try this hotel/apartment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Paris in one of its most attractive districts, this Apart'hotel sits on the banks of the Seine opposite the Pont-Neuf, and is just a short stroll from Boulevard St-Michel. It is located in a legendary quarter, the crossroad of all cultural trends, where charming cafes, antiques dealers, art galleries and stylish fashion boutiques abounds. The banks of the Seine are lined with second-hand book dealers. From here, you can admire the magical view - the Pont Neuf and the ile de la Cite, with the Vert-Galant headland and the Place Dauphine, the Conciergerie (medieval prison) and, a little further downriver, the prestigious Louvre Museum and Musee d'Orsay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Otel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Prestige Saint-Germain-Des-Pres Hotel Paris
- Citadines Paris
- Citadines St Germain Des Pres