“Felt perfectly at home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris

You added Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris to your Saves list
Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   53, ter Quai des Grands Augustins, 75006 Paris, France (Odeon / Saint-Michel)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #250 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Sydney
“Felt perfectly at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We selected this property based on TripAdvisor reviews so thank you to those before us. This was our 4th trip to Paris and enjoy staying in different areas to vary our experience. This property has been our top pick to date. The location is perfect with easy access to nearby everything. Great local coffee bars for a morning croissant and espresso, no shortage of outdoor tables for an aperitif and fabulous choices for dinner in surrounding streets.

Our check in experience was delightful and how often can you say that about such an activity. We were well briefed on the property facilities as well as how to make the most of surrounds. The room itself was well appointed, everything was in working order and our slumber was peaceful. Wish I had my gym gear as the fitness center was in particular well appointed for a property of this kind. Overall I wish we could find a property like this wherever we go.

Note: I had make the mistake of booking a studio room that has only a sofa bed. Not what we expected and even it being my mistake the staff were very accommodating in helping ensure our stay didn't suffer as a result of my mistake. It's when something goes wrong that great service really shines and it did on this occasion.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Laurent B, Responsable relations clients at Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is great to have you stay with us. We appreciate your review and the compliments about our service and facilities. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Customer Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Korean first
hastings
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Fantastic location on the bank of the Seine, right by the Pont Neuf from where you can enjoy a river cruise also ideal for Latin Quater, Notre Dame & the Louvre. Metro stop close by. Room was great, although termed a sofa bed the bed was actually a lot more comfortable than 'real' beds I have slept in in other hotels. A kitchenette off of the room had a dishwasher, microwave and hotplate as well as fridge and sink so if you want to do your own breakfast you can. Plenty of wardrobe space and lovely bathroom. Staff were great

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Laurent B, Responsable relations clients at Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay. I will share your compliments with my colleagues. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here with my family including 2 chidren. This is a place like home; safe and clean. The price is like all Paris hotels is over but here at least you get some space in a prestigious neighborhood. You can find all you need around yoy; supermarket, restaurants, attractions and even bars!

Room Tip: Take the rooms around the corners
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Right on Pont Neuf and a brief walk from the best restaurants in the city. I will definitely stay there next time, but will ask for a river view. The room was large with a complete kitchen, large bathroom, and full closet.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your compliments about our serviced residence during your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed our facilities and service. We hope you will stay with us again.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We've just returned from a 2 night stay in a family room (2 adults, 2 kids), the reception staff were so polite, friendly & helpful it really makes you feel welcome in Paris. Unbeatable location so close to the RER stop St Michel so a simple 30min transfer from CDG airport, but also walkable to the Louvre, open bus tour stops, cafes in the Latin Quarter. Nice touches like free hot drinks & fruit from reception, fully equipped kitchen and very clean fresh white linen. They watched our luggage for the afternoon after we'd checked out, giving us a great chance to squeeze in more sights before returning home. We hope to return, thank you!

Room Tip: We had a quiet & private top floor (7) family suite which didn't face the river, but had gre...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Laurent B, Responsable relations clients at Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Sir,

Customer Relation
Arlington, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I could not figure out this property by reviews now I understand after our stay. This property is the budget line of Ascot. Think like a basic budget hotel, but in the very best location. We bought 4 teenagers, they had a 2 room suite while we had one room. Room was clean, but no daily maid service they just change out towels. Bed comfortable, basic linens, cheap robe which you need to ask for and flimsy towels. But perfect spot for teenagers or family trip. I would never stay here if it were just my husband and I. They offer breakfast for 14 euro, but amazing bakery and one fabulous take out spot just down the street behind hotel. Staff friendly and helpful. Easy to get a taxi as on main road and close to metro and RER. We took train in from airport and very easy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I've stayed at the hotel with my wife at the beginning of November 2012 to participate in a trade show that was happening in Paris. For 2 consecutive nights while I went out to have dinner someone entered in my bedroom (proved by the Hotel access log) and stole several items (credit card, clothes, gifts, perfums, ...).
The only thing that the hotel offered to support the problem was the address of the closest Police department to communicate officially the problem and a new room in another area of the hotel.
I've requested a feedback from them for the actions they would do to solve it, but no feedback was given.
At the same time I discovered that the Hotel is not safe (no security cameras in the corridors, no controls on the employees, ...). I informed my company (which selected this hotel) and we will no longer stay there. I've also informed some other companies and they probably will not select this hotel again.

So, be aware, YOU ARE NOT SAFE AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris? Share your experiences!