“Nice hotel with an excellent hospitality!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Waldorf Madeleine to your Saves list
Hotel Waldorf Madeleine
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Boulevard Malesherbes, 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #520 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
“Nice hotel with an excellent hospitality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

An excellent hotel, perfectly nestled in an area that is closely to all the shopping and sight seeing. We walked everywhere and it's was definitely a good choice in terms of location.

The minute we arrived, we were greeted by a charming and super friendly hotel concierge - Mark. He made such a difference from good to great in terms of service! He gave us the full low down on what to do, where to go, how to avoid the gypsies and most important of all, he always greets you with a smile.

The rooms are not big but sufficient and we had 2 rooms, which Mark kindly upgraded one of rooms to a bigger size because our toddler son is sleeping with us. The ambiance is nice and generally, the overall cleanliness is ok except for the shower areas (tubs and underneath the sink). The cleaners tend to leave out those areas and garbage that missed the bin still lies around. The tub could use some scrubbing to gets it shine, soap scum is building up.

Overall, it's a good and nice hotel. Good for the value and glad that we chose this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Josette R, Gérant at Hotel Waldorf Madeleine, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Canucks2728,

We want to thank you for this kindly comment regarding our hotel and the staff.

It is a really important for us to make the stay of our guest the more pleasant that we can and if you enjoy it, it is the most important for us.

Also, we wish you and all your family a Happy New Year and hope to seen soon again.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Our travel agent recommended this hotel for our 3 day stay in Paris. It was just delightful - a small but perfectly appointed hotel. The staff were very friendly, helpful and professional. Breakfast was lovely, the room very comfortable and we were very content with our stay there. The Madeleine district is quite central with many of Paris' attractions within walking distance. Not cheap but highlybrecommended.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ookie23,

W would like to thank you for your comment regarding the hotel the staff.

We hope to see you during your next stay in Paris and also wish you an Happy New Year.

Wiesbaden, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We used a reward cupon to spend three nights at the Waldorf Madeleine and found it to be a charming botique hotel. The reception was always friendly and the room, while small was functional with laptop sized safe and a decent sized bathroom (shower only). Hanging space is at a premium but there is ample shelf space.The hotel is a 3 minute walk to the Metro, and 10 min from the base of the Champs Elysses. Easy access to the 7eme Arr. via Metro line 8. Just around the corner is the Maison de la Truffe, a favorite restaurant of ours. Also just a one minute walk is Le Forum, a bar with a very nice ambience. As our cupon covered the hotel cost, its hard to comment on value but it was on par with what we have gotten for our money in other parts of town. 20 Euro/person for breakfast however was not a price we were willing to pay. There is a cafe across the street where you can get coffee and tartine for 6 Euro. We would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Josette R, Gérant at Hotel Waldorf Madeleine, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Steve_Cynthia,

I would like to thank you for your time. It is very important for us that our guest share their thoughts about their stay at the Waldorf Madeleine hotel.

We hope to see you soon at the hotel on your next travel in Paris.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Not bad. I would consider staying again if the price was right. However, we were not blown away but not disappointed either. It was noisy in the morning due to the cleaning staff so don't expect a lie in! The room was clean and it had a good shower.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Snifter1983,

I would like to thank you for your opinion about the Waldorf Madeleine hotel.

We will make sure that your message will be considered.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

The Hotel location was terrific, walking distance to many sites and three Metros within 3 minute walk.
Marc and Stephane were always willing to help with suggestions on sites to visit and restaurant recommendations. They would pull out the maps and write down instructions. We also noticed that when Marc made a reservation for us at the restaurants we were greeted differently and the best tables offered to us. We stayed at the Hotel for 8 nights and will defenitely return. The room we booked was much larger than expected, it had three large windows with a sitting area. We opted out of the breakfast and I would walk to Starbucks and the local bakery for our breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dan D,

We would like to thank you for your comment regarding the Waldorf Madeleine hotel and our staff.

Most important for us is that you enjoyed your stay with us and to see you again on your next travel to Paris.

The Management.
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I had read reviews and they were mixed. But since I didn't expect to spend much time in the hotel, the good location (near the "Madeleine" metro station cinched the deal for me. I arrived from Charles de Gaulle, and took the train to Paris to the Madeleine station (after changing in Gare du Nord). Two things I like about Madeleine station: first, is that it has an elevator (very handy if you have luggage), and 2) that elevator drops you right in front of the Fauchon tea salon (if you don't know Fauchon, this will have no meaning for you). But whenever I'm in Paris, I like to replenish my Fauchon tea supply (the store at CDG airport doesn't carry all the varieties). So, it was easy to get that one done and tick the box. A short walk on the sidewalks, around the church and you are on the street of the hotel.
I know other reviewers have already established that this hotel has nothing to do with the famous Waldorf hotels (like the Waldorf Astoria in NYC). But as a small boutique hotel that doesn't belong to a chain, it does pretty well. When I got there, it was still before eleven (my Air France flight had arrived at 7h am). But, as an Expedia Elite member, I was given a room immediately and was also upgraded to a room bigger than the standard.
The entrance is small, the lobby is equally smaller, the breakfast room tiny (and I guess if my room is the deluxe, the "standards" must be very small. But don't they say "good things come in small portions". That's certainly true here. There is a guy there named Mark. I first thought he was the conciereg, but he seems to be the go-to guy for everything and seems to do everything: he'll escort you to your room, order your tickets for a show, find you addresses or phone numbers, come by if you have a problem in the room, well just about everything. Because of Mark, I'll be coming back to that hotel every time I'm in Paris on my dime. When the company is paying, then Renaissance on Ave. Raymond Poincarre (see review if interested).

My room's window opened to the street, but I never heard noise in the morning, although during day time, there was quite a lot of activity at the restaurant on the opposite site, and I could see the patrons. Just like most places in Paris, you don't need to walk a lot to find restaurants; they abound, and this hotel was no exception. Plus, if you like shopping, you're in for a treat: all the big names have their shop on the same street or the next street to the hotel.

My room, being one grade above the standard, (I think they call it deluxe) was not too small, but the bathroom was huge by Parisian standards. The furniture in the room was dark brown, but looked very new. I had 2 bathrobes: one in the bathroom and one in the closet. (although I was alone). But the cherry on top of the icing was the expresso machine; with FREE capsules right there. I really indulged myself in expresso every morning, and even in evenings!!! Breakfast (buffet) was included and was plenty: scrambled eggs, cold cuts, very good croissants (trust the French on that) and fresh juices. But you can't order customized omelettes; it's not that kind of breakfast. In any event, the breakfast room was about the size of my bedroom, and if someone was helping themselves, you had to squize to get pass them if entering or leaving the room.... Go figure. Good thing not everybody comes down at the same time, or I bet it would be totally unmanageable.
The ladies doing the cleaning were friendly. One of them tried to practice her English with me, but since I spoke French, I just responded to her in French. The safe in the room was large enough to take my large laptop whenver I was leaving.

The only downside was the fact that there was only one elevator, and sometimes it was busy with the cleaning staff going up or down with cleaning supplies. But I very often took the stairs to walk off the calories from the croissants. Also, there's not many channels on TV, and most of them are in French. So, beware!. To view the room and bathroo, check out the pics.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Josette R, Gérant at Hotel Waldorf Madeleine, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear WittyCuty,

I would like to thank you for your comment regarding the hotel Waldorf Madeleine and the staff.

It is a real pleasure to read that you enjoy your stay with us and we hope to see you soon again.

Kind regards,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is a nice boutique hotel in a great location. It was walking distance to some attractions & close to the metro. Our room was small and keep in mind it can get quite noisy being on a main street. Breakfast was good, but the dining area was small....it did allow us to meet a nice couple from Australia (as you spoke to people because you were so closely seated)!! Overall it was a good stay & the beds were comfortable. Also, the staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask if they have rooms off the main street for a quieter stay!!