“Good Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #520 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Toronto, Canada
“Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is a nice boutique hotel in a great location. It was walking distance to some attractions & close to the metro. Our room was small and keep in mind it can get quite noisy being on a main street. Breakfast was good, but the dining area was small....it did allow us to meet a nice couple from Australia (as you spoke to people because you were so closely seated)!! Overall it was a good stay & the beds were comfortable. Also, the staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask if they have rooms off the main street for a quieter stay!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have stayed in many of the small hotels in the Madeleine area and this is certainly one of the better ones. As the buildings in the area are traditional it is difficult to convert them well into large hotel rooms, but this hotel has managed to maintain nice size rooms that are not on the totally on the compact and Bijoux side of the force.

The location is excellent for going sightseeing around Paris and many places are within reasonable walking distance, there is also a Metro station right around the corner.

The rooms are very nicely laid out, the beds comfortable with nice linen and in the bathroom there was a bath and not just a shower. I stayed in one of the back rooms rather than on the main Boulevard which was very quiet and I slept very well.

I didn't have the breakfast in the deal so went around the corner to a cafe and had something there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I'll keep this short and sweet.

This is a very good boutique hotel in a very good location which isn't far from the Louvre and other attractions.

We had our room on the top floor and the room was modern and clean. The only gripe I had was breakfast could have been better with more room for seating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Checked in on the 5th of October and stayed for five nights. Loved the location! Room was tiny, but bed and pillows very comfortable; and, the bathroom was more or less roomy considering Paris standards. Staff was very attentive, there were two staff members in particular who spoke Spanish, Stefan was so helpful with helping us get reservations at restaurants or just simply explaining some of Paris' idiosyncrasies... :)
We felt it to be a good value~

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Josette R, Gérant at Hotel Waldorf Madeleine, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Celi W,

I would like to thank you for your time, it is very important for us that our guest share their thoughts about their stay at the Hotel Waldorf Madeleine.

Tauranga, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Absolutely fabulous, professional service, accommodation and staff. I truly was delighted and loved staying in Paris and its was really due to the service and staff of this hotel. Every time I had a personal issue, query or need the staff fulfilled it promptly with professionalism. I required urgent dental assistance and within the hour I was promptly seated in front of a noted french orthodontist who not only corrected the problem but it was at minimal cost. My brother was able to join me here as a last minute decision where they accommodated him with the same exceptional service as I received. He was impressed with the service as well as the vicinity of the numerous French icons for example the Louve, Eiffel Tower etc. I am delighted and truly grateful to them for accommodating this very rare family event and their support, guidance and assisting me towards my next destination while traveling alone to the Middle East.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Josette R, Gérant at Hotel Waldorf Madeleine, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Nrcocker,

West Coast, Ooh, Ess, Ahh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Recently spent a couple of days at this hotel. I was unimpressed. For starters the hotel fronts Boulevard Malesherbes which can be quite busy and noisy. On my arrival I was informed that I had a room on the 6th floor and that the lift was not functional. So on this visit that was not a lot of fun. To be fair they did discount the room rate for this visit for the inconvenience. My room was small but functional in a minimalistic way. The bathroom had a good shower setup. The breakfast room was too small &congested for me to opt for it given the close proximity of a variety of good cafes. Excluding the lift issue I felt like there were better options in Paris and the same area and I thought the room rates were out of line for what you get at the Waldorf Madeleine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Nova,

We thank you for your opinion about the Hotel Waldorf Madeleine and our staff.

I'm really sorry for what happened during your stay among us and i will make sure that your message will be considered.

You need to know that you have booked an hotel in downtown and the noise cannot be removed completely despite the double glazing of the rooms.

We hope to see you soon for your next stopover in Paris.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the past ten years. It is in a terrific location, very comfortable and clean. This past visit we experienced the best service we have ever had in Paris. Mark was at the desk several times this weekend and he was the best. Extremely friendly and really was helpful with our weekend. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Boston,

The Management

Been to Hotel Waldorf Madeleine? Share your experiences!