“Cute hotel, great locai” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel les Jardins du Luxembourg

Save Saved
You added Hotel les Jardins du Luxembourg to your Saves list
Hotel les Jardins du Luxembourg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 impasse Royer Collard | 5th Arr., 75005 Paris, France   |
Ranked #1,002 of 1,795 hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Cute hotel, great locai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

This Hotel was recommended to me and I was not dissapointed. The hotel is steps from the RER B metro line. Which will take you to CDG airport, about a 45 minute ride. With that said the location was very convenient. It is also right across from the world famous Luxembourg gardens which is a must see! The hotel is on a dead end road as well so I felt very safe here. The rooms are small but very kept and cute. The safe in the room did not work and did not get fixed during my stay here. I called to the front desk but they seemed to have forgotten? Not sure... My recommendation is to be persistent if making a request. I was not persistent on this. Also, the man at the front desk did not seem very knowledgeable about the transportation in Paris. It may have been his first week. They do provide metro maps and maps of Paris however.. The lack of knowledge of this fellow was a bit dissapointing, but nonetheless the rooms were clean, and comfortable which is what counts. I had a very comfortable stay here. Try not to have large luggage, the lift is very small and so are the hallways. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to large families. It would be better suited for a lone traveler or a couple. Reason being is that the rooms are small as the hotel itself is. Breakfast is offered here although I did not have it since there are cafes in the area. Despite
the minor complaint about the safe, I would stay here again. The location in my opinion is wonderful and the room were decent. It is a very cute and quaint hotel, i did like it. Also, being so close to the Metro I think is essential in Paris. My last tip is to not have the hotel call you a taxi. I made the mistake of doing that and the meter started off at 8 euros. Which is not average in Paris. Plan accordingly I take the metro it is just steps away.

• Stayed July 2012

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This confirmed to me that hotels are best avoided in Paris, and private rentals are much more superior (I spent the rest of my trip in one half the price of this hotel that was twice the size in almost the same location).
The location is great, and being able to walk from an RER B station is great when coming from the airport.
When I arrived the air-conditioning in the entire building didn't seem to work or be on, and it was an incredibly hot day. This was fixed the following day. The staff were friendly and accommodating, and the hotel overall is quite charming.
The rooms are very small, and the fridge in my room didn't work and looked like it hadn't been plugged in in months (and yet the mini bar price list was still put in the prime place).
Overall, it is an ok hotel to stay in purely because of the location, but only for a day or two...most certainly not for a week.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony would improve the experience I think.
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here with my husband while he attended a conference. It is a small hotel with friendly staff. Our room, on the fourth floor, was tiny so we had to arrange our belongings very carefully in the armoire. There was no desk, only a drop leaf table in the corner, and when the leaf was up there was no room to walk around the bed. (We needed the table for a computer.) The bed was hard. The bathroom was fine except for one thing: the shower had a half wall and no curtain or door, so we had to be careful not to splash water on the floor. The location of this hotel is fantastic--walking distance to the RER/métro (the RER goes all the way to CDG Airport), the Jardin du Luxembourg, the Panthéon, the Sorbonne, and almost all the Left Bank neighborhoods. I thought it would be quiet because it's located on a dead end street but there are echoes from the buildings across the street, and there was considerable partying going on several nights. We had to leave the window open because there was no A/C and it was rather hot some nights. The bed had only a sheet and down comforter--too hot for summer! Early in the morning there were trucks backing up into the street and their beeping woke us up. Breakfast, in a charmingly decorated basement room, was good with plenty of variety, although it costs extra. All in all, this hotel has its ups and downs.

Room Tip: If there's a room in the back it might be quieter. Otherwise, choose a high floor for air circul...
beijing
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My room was downright tacky and not very clean. No way to use the bathtub as the plugger was missing . If you want to use the internet, you have to buy a couppn - no possibility to Skype. I found a great hotel less than a 5 minute walk away with free WIFI gor 20€ more. I could not recommend this place to anyone I care about!

• Stayed June 2012
Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My partner and I stayed for two nights in June for my birthday. This was my first trip to Paris and I was a bit surprised by the price of hotels! So we decided to pay a bit more and were really hoping it was nice. The hotel turned out to be really lovely with only a few minor faults.

It on a quiet dead end street less than 5mins walk to the metro - on the RER line that goes to CDG airport so really easy to get to. The neighbourhood is lovely with lots of cafes, small grocery shops and only a couple of minutes walk to the Pantheon which was very impressive. It only took 15 mins to walk to Notre Dame and it is so central we walked everywhere.

Our room was very small but I think this is pretty standard for this price range. It was very nicely decorated with a big comfortable bed and lovely crisp bed linen. The bathroom was small but well lit and great shower. We had a room looking onto the street with big doors out onto a lovely balcony.

The reason I have given it 4 is the air conditioning didn't seem very effective; it wasn’t even that warm but we had to sleep with the windows open on the second night. Also our minibar wasn’t remotely cold. We weren’t planning to drink anything from it but I would have liked to keep water in there. However, as we didn’t report either of these things I can’t really complain too much! Also a slightly shabby/hanging down light fitting, shower water goes all over the bathroom floor and the design of the plugs was intensely annoying as neither the sink nor the bath drained well – this may just be standard on the continent though. But these were only minor things.

We didn't have breakfast or use the sauna so I can’t comment on these. All in all a lovely hotel with stylish decor, big comfortable bed, high quality linen and towels and fantastic location. I would happily recommend this to a friend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Great location near the Luxembourg Gardens. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, made some nice restaurant recommendations. The rooms were nice and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is on a side street, so it is quiet. Reasonable price for this more expensive neighborhood of Paris.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Few close to the train station and the gardens. Lovely place with wonderful helpful staff that spoke English and helped with my little bit of French. The rooms are small which from what I hear is the norm for this price range. This hotel from what the staff tells me used to be a hotel many years back and the rooms now have their own bath in each. The bed was so close to the wall that it is good that I am not a large person. Also the two twin beds were so close to each other that you could not pull them much apart. The linens were nice and nice size bath with no shower curtain. That seems to be normal in Europe but I just don't understand why because water always gets on the floor. There was nice bath soaps but no lotion. The AC was not working on the hotest day of the year in May. I don't think it really works to be honest so we opened the window and suffered till it cooled off in the evening. There are tons of cafe's in the area with nice food and you can do lots of shopping just down the street.

Room Tip: the rooms are small...that's all there is to it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel les Jardins du Luxembourg? Share your experiences!