“Expensive, but not worth the price.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Paris Hotel Le Parc Trocadero

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Paris Hotel Le Parc Trocadero to your Saves list
Renaissance Paris Hotel Le Parc Trocadero
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 - 57 Avenue Raymond Poincare | 16th Arr., 75116 Paris, France   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot rate & 15% off dinner
Ranked #178 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Miami, Florida
“Expensive, but not worth the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Small room with an even smaller bathroom (you needed to close the door to move from the toilet to the sink) with lots of small errors and malfunctions. From not receiving a wake up call to an overflowing shower which could not be repaired (supposedly because of the slope of the floor), this hotel holds lots of promise in a great location, but just cannot deliver the goods. Ironically, the other Renaissance in Paris also near the Arc de Triomphe has their act together and prices are slightly lower. I will not be going back to the Parc Trocadero.

Room Tip: The best way to choose a room is not to stay here, but at the other Renaissance near Arc de Triomphe...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

499 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Korean first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I surprised my girlfriend with a trip to Paris on Valentines Day weekend with the purpose of proposing. I chose this location because of its proximity to the Eiffel Tower and was not disappointed. It was a short walk to the Eiffel Tower yet was not in a touristy location. It was in a nice neighborhood with plenty of great restaurants and cafes to choose from. Make sure to ask the concierge (Michel) for his recommendations...you won't be disappointed! (Le Maison du Chocolat or Restaurant Victor for example!)
The thing that stood out the most was the staff's willingness to go the extra mile for us. Nirusha, the Front Desk manager walked us down to the Eiffel Tower so she could take pictures of us there. I planned that in advance because I also proposed with the Eiffel Tower in the background and she got perfect pictures of that very special moment. :) I also said I wanted a Croque Monsieur for breakfast so they went down to the cafe at the corner and had them have one ready the next morning even though they don't do breakfast...for us they did!
It is this willingness to go the extra mile for their guests that makes me a fan!
If you have a great Paris idea or something that is special, don't hesitate to call in advance (use Skype) and let them know. They are more than willing to make it happen!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My friend and I stayed here the end of January. The only issue I had with the hotel was during check-in. After an overnight flight, we arrived in the morning and were very tired. The hotel was nice to accommodate us and let us check-in. There were not many people in the hotel so it did not seem to be a problem. However the woman who checked us in was quite unpleasant. I think her name was Monica. Any time you asked her a question she would give a slightly dirty look--like a "why are you asking any questions?!" look. For instance, I asked about staying in the main building since the hotel was not full. She looked at me as if I had two heads and actually gave me a dirty look! She clearly did not want to be bothered. In fact, while we were checking in, someone from one of the rooms called because he was having trouble getting on the internet. If she had to repeat anything just one more time, she became exasperated and kept rolling her eyes. She then ended up giving us a room with only one bed when the room we booked was for either one queen or two twins. She told us if we wanted two twins, we would have to pay another 30EUR per day! . The good news is, however, that she was the only person at the hotel who was unpleasant. When we got to the room, there was a loud banging that sounded like construction for the next three hours. We called to complain and the person at the front desk (definitely not Monica), promptly changed our room to one with twin beds at no extra charge! Clearly, Monica just wanted to give us whatever SHE wanted to give us and had no intention of being helpful, nice or accommodating. NOne of the qualities you would expect of an employee at a hotel.

Apart from the check-in experience, the hotel was great. The rooms essentially looked as they did on the website. The rooms were clean but small. The neighborhood was very safe and seemed to be in a more upscale area of Paris. we walked around late at night and felt safe. The hotel was near the Metro and the overlook to the Eiffel Tower (not exactly to the Eiffel Tower if you actually want to see it up close and go up) which was only a 10 minute walk away. It was also near banks, cafes, grocery stores and restaurants--the most notable being "La Carette", which is popular for its macaroons and pastries. In fact, I promised friends and family I would bring back Macaroons and was able to go to La Carette the day I was leaving Paris to buy macaroons to bring home with me at 7a.m.! The hotel is not in the center of all of the tourist sites. It is still about a 15 to 20 minute subway ride from the center of Paris where the Louvre, Musee D'Orsay and the main shopping areas are located but it was not a problem getting on the Metro.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have only given this hotel 3 stars on account of the price. Had it been a cheaper hotel I would have given it more. However, on account of the price I had high expectations. It does indeed deliver a good experience. The reception staff were welcoming and informed. The location is excellent and the facilities good. My gripes start with the fact that internet is not free despite the high room charge. Breakfast was expensive for an overcooked (unavoidable really) buffet but on the one day I ordered something from the menu and eschewed the buffet it was very nice and so I am probably being unreasonably harsh here, The abiding memory of my stay was the last night in the bar. Another minus is that it shuts at midnight. However just before then we ordered 6 beers. Six is heavy but after the barman put four of them on the table you would have thought the risk was past. Unfortunately, no, he threw the last two over us! Now accidents happen but when three of your guests end up with beer splattered suits a gesture, such as the round being free, might be in order. Sadly, as well as having to pay for dry cleaning we also had to pay for our beer and none of us can remember even hearing an apology. Many readers might find my comments harsh but accidents and problems happen all the time. It is the response to them that defines the organisation. Our dry cleaning bill is more than would have been the cost of a free round of drinks but that offer with an apology would have created a marketing opportunity out of a problem. Instead when I last met one of my colleagues who had been there the tale was recounted with particular emphasis on the lack of apology. You can tell from the wordcount how this has affected my impression and having just been on a management course has definitely formed a learning experience.
I'd like to finish on a high. My bed was very comfortable, I slept like a log and had all the power points I needed in my room. It was better than I have made it sound.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Frederic_Schaub1, Manager at Renaissance Paris Hotel Le Parc Trocadero, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Sir, Madam,
After getting acquainted with your comment on the website Trip Advisor, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered at our bar.

Please know that we do take comments such as yours very seriously, and that we constantly work to improve the quality of our service to avoid this kind of unfortunate situation. I have forwarded your comments to our barmen in hope that they can better target and resolve this kind of issue in the future. I deeply regret that our staff did not show empathy and apologies to you. There is no excuse for not having reacted to the situation in a swift and apologetic manner. Your disappointment is a reminder to us that there is always room for improvement.

All the Renaissance le Parc Trocadéro staff offer again apologies and hope to see you again belong us really soon.
Los Alamos, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Since my first review, the hotel was renovated and off line for months. The property is nicer, rooms are better decorated and equipped - desk has a powerstrip with three outlets on it. Staff is still wonderful and the location hasn't changed so you are still near Eifel Tower, Arc d'Triomphe, etc. Ironically, with Ducase no longer the chef/franchiser of the hotel's restaurant, the food at breakfast was remarkably better. The bar remains very pricey - a double single malt scotch was 31 euros or $50 US at the current exchange rate. And I am talking about a 10 or 12 year old at the low end of the distiller's range, NOT a rare whisky.

A wonderful choice in low season - I find the prices for summer brings a tear to my eye. Guess it's just supply and demand.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly if you have a special request. I found Marriott central phone service to be...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I would like to say it was great stay in this hotel,from the entrance and the lovely Lobby,the hotel contains many building but I think the main building is the great one for easy access, you must enjoy the breakfast and afternoon tea at the lobby,last but not least the room it was little bit tiny but was great design and the bathroom was big and nice
I recommend this hotel to all traveler who want to stay in comforts

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Walking distance to major tourist attractions. Very nice neighborhood.
The concierge was very helpful making reservations during Christmas day.
I recommend: 1)having the Breakfast buffet, lots of options including cold cuts and eggs Benedict.
2) having a cocktail in the back Patio!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance Paris Hotel Le Parc Trocadero? Share your experiences!