“Watch for the clumsy barman” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Paris Hotel Le Parc Trocadero

You added Renaissance Paris Hotel Le Parc Trocadero to your Saves list
Renaissance Paris Hotel Le Parc Trocadero
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 - 57 Avenue Raymond Poincare | 16th Arr., 75116 Paris, France (Trocadero)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi For Members
Ranked #298 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Watch for the clumsy barman”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have only given this hotel 3 stars on account of the price. Had it been a cheaper hotel I would have given it more. However, on account of the price I had high expectations. It does indeed deliver a good experience. The reception staff were welcoming and informed. The location is excellent and the facilities good. My gripes start with the fact that internet is not free despite the high room charge. Breakfast was expensive for an overcooked (unavoidable really) buffet but on the one day I ordered something from the menu and eschewed the buffet it was very nice and so I am probably being unreasonably harsh here, The abiding memory of my stay was the last night in the bar. Another minus is that it shuts at midnight. However just before then we ordered 6 beers. Six is heavy but after the barman put four of them on the table you would have thought the risk was past. Unfortunately, no, he threw the last two over us! Now accidents happen but when three of your guests end up with beer splattered suits a gesture, such as the round being free, might be in order. Sadly, as well as having to pay for dry cleaning we also had to pay for our beer and none of us can remember even hearing an apology. Many readers might find my comments harsh but accidents and problems happen all the time. It is the response to them that defines the organisation. Our dry cleaning bill is more than would have been the cost of a free round of drinks but that offer with an apology would have created a marketing opportunity out of a problem. Instead when I last met one of my colleagues who had been there the tale was recounted with particular emphasis on the lack of apology. You can tell from the wordcount how this has affected my impression and having just been on a management course has definitely formed a learning experience.
I'd like to finish on a high. My bed was very comfortable, I slept like a log and had all the power points I needed in my room. It was better than I have made it sound.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank AJMacD
Frederic_Schaub1, Manager at Renaissance Paris Hotel Le Parc Trocadero, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Sir, Madam,
After getting acquainted with your comment on the website Trip Advisor, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered at our bar.

Please know that we do take comments such as yours very seriously, and that we constantly work to improve the quality of our service to avoid this kind of unfortunate situation. I have forwarded your comments to our barmen in hope that they can better target and resolve this kind of issue in the future. I deeply regret that our staff did not show empathy and apologies to you. There is no excuse for not having reacted to the situation in a swift and apologetic manner. Your disappointment is a reminder to us that there is always room for improvement.

All the Renaissance le Parc Trocadéro staff offer again apologies and hope to see you again belong us really soon.

Los Alamos, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Since my first review, the hotel was renovated and off line for months. The property is nicer, rooms are better decorated and equipped - desk has a powerstrip with three outlets on it. Staff is still wonderful and the location hasn't changed so you are still near Eifel Tower, Arc d'Triomphe, etc. Ironically, with Ducase no longer the chef/franchiser of the hotel's restaurant, the food at breakfast was remarkably better. The bar remains very pricey - a double single malt scotch was 31 euros or $50 US at the current exchange rate. And I am talking about a 10 or 12 year old at the low end of the distiller's range, NOT a rare whisky.

A wonderful choice in low season - I find the prices for summer brings a tear to my eye. Guess it's just supply and demand.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly if you have a special request. I found Marriott central phone service to be...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ratcher
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I would like to say it was great stay in this hotel,from the entrance and the lovely Lobby,the hotel contains many building but I think the main building is the great one for easy access, you must enjoy the breakfast and afternoon tea at the lobby,last but not least the room it was little bit tiny but was great design and the bathroom was big and nice
I recommend this hotel to all traveler who want to stay in comforts

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank alsheikh86
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Walking distance to major tourist attractions. Very nice neighborhood.
The concierge was very helpful making reservations during Christmas day.
I recommend: 1)having the Breakfast buffet, lots of options including cold cuts and eggs Benedict.
2) having a cocktail in the back Patio!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I chose the hotel based on the location. Very convenient (walking distance) to Champs de Elysees, Arc de Triompe, and Eiffel Tower.

Extremely comfortable room witth accomodating staff in boutique and safe neighborhood. Many restaurants and shops in the area for your convenience.

My room was in a separate building from the hotel across the courtyard. Only 3 rooms per floor. I was told this part of the hotel used to be a residence. The room has french doors opening to the courtyard of the hotel which would be nice in the spring or fall.

I did not have the opportunity to visit the restaurants but a very nice appearance.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thank you go out to the staff of the Renaissance Paris Le Parc Hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sao Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed with my wife at the Renaissance Trocadero in Paris for 5 nights in December/January. Service was excellent and in general treatment from staff was quite good. People were friendly, accommodating and always in high spirits. Location is outstanding and we could walk pretty much anywhere from there (several subway stations close by).

The hotel has a nice garden in the middle of the buildings and, differently from what another guest commented below, I thought it was nice to go to our room passing through the garden (it kind of felt less like a hotel). Also, they have a bar at the patio and, even in cold weather, it was quite nice to have a drink outside.

We booked a garden view room for EUR 299. The bed was amazing and the quality of the room in general was excellent. The shower is also incredible. However, there was no garden view whatsoever since we were in the very end of the corridor. Also, the room was quite small even for France standards and no privacy in the bathroom, since the only door is a glass one. Anyways, I would expect something better for that price, mainly considering this was not the basic room.

Internet for a fee (EUR 19,90).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is the one! You're going to pay big but it's worth the money. The staff are amazing, kind, thoughtful, helpful. The place is beautiful and clean with all the amenities you'd ever want. The rooms are luxurious, big and quiet and the bed is sooooo comfortable. Take a walk to Victor Hugo square for some great restaurants. You're minutes away from 2 different Metro lines and a short walk to both the Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower. Breakfast is expensive but delicious. This is a great stay if you want to be close to the action, be treated well and experience Paris in luxury. Clear your credit card because it isn't cheap but I promise you won't be disappointed either.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple