“Trashy Room and Rude Housekeeper” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Paris Hotel Le Parc Trocadero

You added Renaissance Paris Hotel Le Parc Trocadero to your Saves list
Renaissance Paris Hotel Le Parc Trocadero
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 - 57 Avenue Raymond Poincare | 16th Arr., 75116 Paris, France (Trocadero)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
French Kiss Package
Ranked #238 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
“Trashy Room and Rude Housekeeper”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This was my second time staying at this hotel. I gave it high praises during my first stay during the Spring. Check-in was smooth; front desk clerk helpful and friendly; and received a room upgrade. Unfortunately during my second stay the room upgrade was a disaster. I am writing this review at 3am in the morning because I am so anxious to see daylight so I can leave this place. We receive a room with a loft; bedroom with bathroom upstairs and sitting area with sofa bed downstairs. Nice view of the courtyard. When it was time to open the sofa bed we were horrified to discovered a stained sheet and trash underneath the sofa. We called housekeeping and no one showed up for extended period of time. We called the hotel manager and he came to see the stained sheet on the sofa bed and trash underneath it. He apologized and said housekeeping will come take care of it. We waited a bit longer still no housekeeper. We made another call to front desk and told them housekeeping hasn't came yet. Finally the housekeeper which was a rude man. Tried to put a clean sheet over the stained sheet. In protest, I told him to remove that stained sheet. He got all huffy and changed the sheet then stormed out. He didn't even pick up the trash underneath the sofa bed or even returned to vacuum. Everyone had enough of these rude Frenchmen and no one wanted to sleep on the sofa bed because of the earlier sighting of the stains which was dried blood. Three of us slept in the upstairs bed and one slept in the chair. I am mortified how disgusting the sofa bed and housekeeping service was during this visit. I will never come back here again even though I enjoyed it during my first visit. To pay almost 500 euros for a room like this is when I could have received a cleaner room and service in the most seedy part of town. The elegance of the hotel hides how we are sometimes shortchanged in the cleanliness of the room and customer service. This was definitely my nightmare before Christmas.

Room Tip: View of courtyard; make sure there is not a catch to your upgrade; thoroughly check for cleanliness...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This perfectly situated boutique hotel has one foot in the old world elegance of Paris and the other in the now. Marriott has done a splendid job of taking a 16th Arr. historic neighborhood property and gently nudged it into the wired, cozy, comfortable hotel the Trocadero is today. You feel the balance on arrival and it’s maintained throughout your stay. From the understated street level façade, to the attentive, intelligent staff, your introduction to the hotel and the area will delight.
It becomes a bit schizophrenic after you settle in, but again, in a balanced way if that’s possible. The lobby bar is kitschy modern while the fantastic courtyard is traditional garden party. The restaurant is superb yet struggles with overly sterile attempts at décor. And while enjoying a wonderfully fresh breakfast buffet, the mix of Chinese businessmen and American families is a bit of a contrast. Fill the whole place with starry-eyed couples on their first Parisian visit and you have the makings of a romantic comedy.
Location rules and so does Trocadero. It starts with taking the train into town, getting off at Victor Hugo Metro, and walking home. We could see the top of the Eiffel Tower from our window. The Arc along with the Champs is a short distance the other direction and the neighborhood is fashion central on the retail scale.
This is a five star property and I would have given it a perfect score except for the nagging feeling that it was trying to be too many things to too many tastes. Go, stay, enjoy.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are quiet and may afford a Tower view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This boutique hotel is located in walking distance from the Eiffel tower. It's also convenient to the metro. The room was beautifully decorated with the master located upstairs. The sofa bed downstairs was perfect for the kids.
The concierge was very helpful in making reservations and giving helpful directions for the metro. We ordered room service for kids... Convenient but a little disappointing...

Room Tip: Try to get a Room with a courtyard view quiet, tranquil,and beautiful
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Muscat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during November,it's awesome. Our room had a magnificent view facing the courtyard specially at night. Hotel is just walking distance from everything..Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe etc., with the help of their very acccomodating concierge. The hotel staff are very friendly...definitely would stay again.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here for 5 nights using Marriott points. We've been to Paris many times and chose this hotel because we had never stayed in this neighborhood, and it looked charming. Would definitely stay here again. Our room, which faced the courtyard, was quiet and attractive, and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The staff was wonderful - couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. The location is a bit removed from some of the tourist sites, but you have the advantage of being in a real Parisian neighborhood. My only complaint was that wifi was very expensive. Breakfast was not included with our room, but this turned out to be an advantage as we discovered a nearby boulangerie/cafe with some of the best croissants we've ever had (Boulangerie Bechu - 118 Avenue Victor Hugo).

Room Tip: Our room faced the courtyard and was very quiet.
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Recently spent 5 days at this hotel. Fantastic location, 15 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower and 15 minute walk to the Champs-Elysees/Arc de Triomphe. Metro, restaurants all in easy walking distance. Concierge was extremely helpful with recommendations. Rooms were large and clean. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I booked this hotel using all my marriott points (6 nights, 200,000 points). I have been a Marriott guy since 1999 and have stayed at many of their upscale properties (and some small Fairfield Inns in the middle of nowhere). When I was deciding to go to Paris, it was between this hotel and a few others. I had stayed in the Trocadero area before at another hotel chain and loved the area for its neighborhood feel. I dismissed the Champs Elysse and Arc de Triomphe hotels as they were in touristy areas and would be loud. Walking past the Champs Elysse hotel during my last visit, I noticed how busy everything around it was. So, I looked at this hotel and the Vendrome location. The 'boutique' word used in so many reviews made me think 'small rooms' so I opted for the Trocadero Rennaissance location. From the minute we arrived we were treated like special guests. All the staff was very friendly. The hotel itself is quiet and upscale but close enough to the action. Its a 5 minute walk to the Victor Hugo Metro stop and a 5 to 7 minute walk to the Trocadero Metro stop and an awesome view of the Effiel Tower. There are many little bistros along the way and a small grocer within a block. There is a bigger grocery store near the Victor Hugo metro station. We stayed in the annex of the hotel which required us to walk through the amazing courtyard every day. If it was warmer out, we woulod have bought a bottle of wine and relaxed there.The room was big for European standards, so was the bathroom. A lot of detail went into the room. The room had a fridge, safe, nice TV with one or two English news stations, and robes.Turndown service leaves mini Tolberones! Since I was a Gold Level Marriott person, we got free breakfast and internet. The breakfast would have been about $80 US for two of us! The food was great and so was the service. Lots to choose from. Ask for the hot chocolate if there in the winter. this was my 3rd visit to Paris and second stay at a Marriott property (La Defense was my first stay. Too far away from everything, small rooms). I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Now if I was spending my own cash, it would be different but if you are deciding to book a Marriott property in Paris, this one should be at the top of your list!

Room Tip: The annex was awesome!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance Paris Hotel Le Parc Trocadero? Share your experiences!