“THE best Marriott property I have ever stayed at. A gem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Paris Hotel Le Parc Trocadero

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Paris Hotel Le Parc Trocadero to your Saves list
Renaissance Paris Hotel Le Parc Trocadero
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 - 57 Avenue Raymond Poincare | 16th Arr., 75116 Paris, France   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot rate & 15% off dinner
Ranked #211 of 1,796 hotels in Paris
Tampa, Florida
“THE best Marriott property I have ever stayed at. A gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I booked this hotel using all my marriott points (6 nights, 200,000 points). I have been a Marriott guy since 1999 and have stayed at many of their upscale properties (and some small Fairfield Inns in the middle of nowhere). When I was deciding to go to Paris, it was between this hotel and a few others. I had stayed in the Trocadero area before at another hotel chain and loved the area for its neighborhood feel. I dismissed the Champs Elysse and Arc de Triomphe hotels as they were in touristy areas and would be loud. Walking past the Champs Elysse hotel during my last visit, I noticed how busy everything around it was. So, I looked at this hotel and the Vendrome location. The 'boutique' word used in so many reviews made me think 'small rooms' so I opted for the Trocadero Rennaissance location. From the minute we arrived we were treated like special guests. All the staff was very friendly. The hotel itself is quiet and upscale but close enough to the action. Its a 5 minute walk to the Victor Hugo Metro stop and a 5 to 7 minute walk to the Trocadero Metro stop and an awesome view of the Effiel Tower. There are many little bistros along the way and a small grocer within a block. There is a bigger grocery store near the Victor Hugo metro station. We stayed in the annex of the hotel which required us to walk through the amazing courtyard every day. If it was warmer out, we woulod have bought a bottle of wine and relaxed there.The room was big for European standards, so was the bathroom. A lot of detail went into the room. The room had a fridge, safe, nice TV with one or two English news stations, and robes.Turndown service leaves mini Tolberones! Since I was a Gold Level Marriott person, we got free breakfast and internet. The breakfast would have been about $80 US for two of us! The food was great and so was the service. Lots to choose from. Ask for the hot chocolate if there in the winter. this was my 3rd visit to Paris and second stay at a Marriott property (La Defense was my first stay. Too far away from everything, small rooms). I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Now if I was spending my own cash, it would be different but if you are deciding to book a Marriott property in Paris, this one should be at the top of your list!

Room Tip: The annex was awesome!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

521 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Korean first
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

You cant really go wrong with a Renaissance or a Marriott. Rooms were extremely clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Its a bit of a walk to some of Paris' main attractions, but the metro is a few blocks away and makes it pretty easy to get around. Rooms were large and cleaned on time every day. We used points to book our stay and didnt have any problems.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great place to stay in Paris. We got the port hole window....had a view of the Eiffel Tower ...just the top as there is a height limit on buildings of seven stories. Still fun when it sparkled ...just a perk as a five minute stroll had you at the Trocadero where you could watch the light show in all its glory. The staff were wonderful. Very helpful with dinner reservations, cabs. Room was small as are most in Europe but had everything needed for a great stay. The only thing keeping this from five stars was the shower...a odd layout but a minor issue. The location could not have been better..close to two metro lines...not far from the RER c line to get to Versailles.

Room Tip: Rooms were small but functional. Location.location.location
Ascot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a hotel I use regularly when visiting our offices in Paris. Reasonably close (5 mins walk) to the Arc de Triomphe. It has changed hands over the years from Sofitel to Marriot Renaissance and in the process has had the bedrooms and public areas upgraded. The building is unsual with various levels and shapes. There is a separate building annex which I avoid as this involves walking outside which when it rains is annoying. The rooms are every shape and size. Three of them are duplex with bedroom mezannine and living room on lower layer. Some of them are small. Some are much larger. I never book anything other than a basic room and often end up in a larger room. Breakfast is excellent wityhj a variet of fruits, pastry and hot food. Service is friendly and responsive. Bar is comfortable and business-like rather than social.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in tne main building
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed there for one week in October and again for another four days when we returned to Paris. If we were ever to return to Paris, this would be the hotel we would choose.

First, the staff is first rate. We arrived in the a.m. after a long flight. Sonia, the person at the check in, offered to give us an immediate room or if we wished to wait until the maids arrived she would upgrade us to a better room. We chose the upgrade and Sonia offered us a free breakfast for waiting! All of the staff go out of their way to be helpfull.

The rooms are well a furnished and very comfortable. The rooms are all clean and fully furnished with all the necessities.

The location is excellent. Close to the Eiffel Tower and the Metro.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard are more quiet than rooms in the front. However, rooms in the front...
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This small, lovely hotel in the 16th arrondissement was perfect for us. It is located in a lovely neighborhood, accessible to metro stops, but away from the glitz and noise of a busy street. The staff at all levels, from front desk to restaurant to maids were warm and friendly. Although I speak some French, they were perfectly comfortable conversing in English. I must have mentioned it was our anniversary, as the first evening they brought in a small bottle of Champagne and chocolates with their compliments, as well as having a congratulatory message waiting for us in our room.

Room Tip: Our room was over the courtyard which was lovely and quiet.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed her for 4 nights in Aug. 2012 for work and I highly recommend it. It's an elegant hotel, with terrific service by all, very nice room of decent size, great location, great courtyard where I ate breakfast (which was very tasty). My room faced the street and while I thought the street noise would bother me it didn't--the din of the cars constantly passing was tuned out. I moved to this hotel from the Marriott Rive Gauche, and the Renaissance was a world above. I'd return in a second.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance Paris Hotel Le Parc Trocadero? Share your experiences!