“Elegant hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sparta, New Jersey
“Elegant hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife, I and some friends have stayed at the Le Grand twice in seven months, the most recent time being February 2014. We investigated several hotels in Paris in order to pick the best hotel to hold a conference where approximately 400 discerning people will attend. Upon entering the beautiful lobby which opened up into this glass ceiling winter garden we knew right away this was the hotel for our group. Simply put this hotel is amazing. It has a deep, alluring beauty, an elegance that is unrivaled. The rooms are spacious and beautifully appointed. The staff are plentiful, very attentive, polite and helpful. And the location could not be more perfect. Across the street is the Palace Garnier, some of the best shopping in Paris is within walking distance, the Louvre is a few blocks away and the metro is just outside the door. If you have the chance treat yourself to a stay at the Le Grand.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IC-Paris-Le-Grand, Quality & Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Paris E,

First of all, we want to thank you for choosing the InterContinental Paris for your recent visit in Paris and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
What can we say except for thank you for your great review!

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our Hotel staff contributed to make your stay memorable. We will be pleased to welcome your guest group for your future stay with us. We are glad to see that your room has met your expectations and that you enjoyed the fabulous Opera view from your bedroom. What a pleasure it will be to share your comments with our team’s members.
Thank you for your very kind comments!

Also, we are delighted to see that you found our very central location convenient and that you liked the atmosphere of the Hotel.
Moreover, we do regret to read that you found our services overprices; our prices are regularly benchmarked against similar outlets in the neighborhoods of the same standing.

Dear Paris E, we would like to thank you once again for you great review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the InterContinental Paris Le Grand soon.

Quality & Administrative Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Just returns from a short business trip to Paris. Because of the great location, I was able to squeeze some sightseeing time in during my short trip. Walking distance to many sights, the Opera, the Louvre, the Place Vendome and GREAT shopping. The only downside of the location is that there were many tourists everywhere.

The hotel itself is beautiful, old world luxury and class. The rooms are not the largest, but very comfortable and clean.

I would definitely return on my next trip!

Dear Travelbirds0809,

First of all, we want to thank you for choosing the InterContinental Paris Le Grand on the occasion of your last stay in Paris and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to see how much you enjoyed your stay and that you found our very central location and facilities convenient. Our hotel is indeed ideally situated for sightseeing or shopping!

Moreover, we are pleased to see that your room has met your expectations. What a pleasure it will be to share your comments with our teams. Thank you for your very kind comments!

Dear Travelbirds0809, we would like to thank you once again for you great review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the InterContinental Paris Le Grand soon.

NY/Westport/Provence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Bonjour. Le Terrible (Elias) here with another 5* review of my 'hotel de preference' in Paris. No. I don't work for Intercontinental nor am I related to anyone at IHG and I have no vested interest in writing this review except a sense of sharing my 'hands on' constant travels in France for those who do not spend so much time traveling to l'Hexagon. I have written many reviews of this, my home away from home when in Paris, for years. Why do I keep writing reviews? I am glad you asked! Each experience brings out a different facet of a Hotel that I consider as close to perfection as possible. I am in France at least five times a year and because of all my ties here, have been almost everywhere…..twice! Paris…well Paris and Provence are my main destinations and my 'veteran opinion' is that 'Le Grand' is the finest hotel in Paris based on many reasons . And my different varying reasons are cumulative which you can see if you follow my reviews. But first, I was made Platinum Ambassador this year after being a member for more than 10 years but honestly , all you need to do is join IHG's Rewards and quickly elevate to the first level to start enjoying the wonderful perks. I can say this with assuredness because I have been treated in the same manner at all the Intercontinental's when I had just reached Gold and was not Ambassador and…nowhere is your fidelity rewarded more than by the 'Le Grand' in Paris run in an exemplary fashion by M. Laure, the General Director. He is the reason that my stays are beyond wonderful and the experience of the hotel is a large part of my love for returning to Paris. I firmly believe that M Laure (who I've had the pleasure to get to know ..just a bit), has the uncanny knack of infusing his hand picked superlative team with his POV of how to give the sense of 5* luxe while making the client feel cared for and important in a warm and friendly way So….I have developed a keen appreciation for the 'known staff' and the new staff that join M. Laure's team. Throughout the hotel you will be in amazing hands as by example, the best Manager/Ambassador Liaison of any Club Room at al of the Intercontinental's, 'Gilles'. Gilles is not only the consummate host who makes you feel cared for, he also runs the club room like a tight ship and nothing goes noticed under his quiet yet detailed style. He remembers all my likes and dislikes and nothing beats the amazing breakfast , teas and best…the evening appetizers awash with TOP French Champagne as you sit gazing at the Opera Garnier or the rooftops of Paris. Seriously? Can it get any better. Oh..I took a friend who lives by up as a guest one night and she thought the foe gras was one for he best she had ever tasted in a hotel. I had always thought so ,too! As usual, I paid for three nights and used my points for the fourth. I had already been upgraded to a deluxe Opera View Jr suite and to have this for the 4th night on points when I am entitled to just the 'classic room'….this is in the style of M. Laure and his team. When I arrived there were treats in my rooms and a welcome note from M. Laure and then we talked as he wanted to welcome me back to the hotel. The room itself couldn't be more beautiful and sparkling with a bathroom done in modern marble and luxury appointments that would make the most fussy traveler very pleased. My room was gigantic with three giant windows look out onto the Opera. The appointments were a mix of antiques and discrete modern that worked beautifully with the giant window treatments that covered the giant windows. All the modern amenities you could want of course and the best group of English channels at any hotel. The beds at the Grand have always been one of my top reasons for being in love with his hotel. They are like a big cup of' Sleepy Time Herbal Tea' that sends you off in 10 seconds. Even though I could take in the Club Room…nothing beats sitting in that most stunning Grand Salon in Paris where the world meets for a tea service, business over cocktails, a chocolate chaud after a long walk with your bags of goodies from hediard….it is a moment when you think…don't take this for granted….the surroundings, the service, the wonderful different types of people who frequent this Grand salon..it is just wonderful . But all in all…it is the mix of 5* luxe service without forgetting that all clients will alway profit from a warmth that emanates from the staff and the hotel, itself.
N.B. I can't forget to mention the wonderful Laura and of course Luis, who always make sure that my stay is beyond what I anticipated from the last time. How lucky that I can call this my home away from home in Paris

Room Tip: High floor Opera view is about as magical as it gets.
Dear Le Terrible,

First of all, we want to thank you for choosing the InterContinental Paris for your recent visit in Paris, for your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club member and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
What can we say except for thank you for your great review!

We are glad to read that you found our very central location and facilities convenient.
Thank you for your compliments on our hotel and we are glad that the quality of service that we provide to our guest was up to your expectations.
Also, we are thrilled that your room contributed to your comfort and your well-being during your stay with us. We are glad to see that you liked our products and amenities in your room.

Moreover, we are pleased to know that you really have appreciated our team service and breakfast in our Club Lounge. We do strive to excellence for our guest’s member and to allow them living a real InterContinental Paris Le Grand Hotel experience.

Dear Le Terrible, we would like to thank you once again for you great review and we hope that your comment will be useful for many travelers.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the InterContinental Paris Le Grand soon.

Sydney, australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a 3 day weekend. Hotel is in a great location. Staff were extremely helpful recharging my mobile phone for me. Free cocktail on arrival as the room was not quite ready. Beautiful room would recommend and stay again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear bencat123,

We are glad to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
Moreover, we are pleased to see that you found our very central location and facilities convenient.
Also, we are delighted that our hotel staff contributed to you well-being and your comfort during your stay with us. Be assured that your comments will be shared onto them.

Dear bencat123, we would like to thank you once again for your kinds compliments.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon to continue to discover everything Paris and the InterContinental Paris Le Grand have to offer.

Zaandam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed here a a weekend treat, was my first time staying at this particular ICH property. The service was excellent from the moment we arrived at the hotel and our room on the Club floor had a large bed for European standards. The staff were extremely helpful and the cocktails in the bar tasted great. My only complaint would be that the breakfast is overpriced given that it is a buffet

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Fourstardust,

We are glad to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
Moreover, we are pleased to see that you found our very central location, your room and our facilities convenient.
Also, we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your room and that our Club Lounge staff contributed to your comfort and your well-being during your stay with us. Be assured that your comment has been shared with them.

However, we are deeply sorry regarding the deception that you encountered with the value for money of our breakfast buffet in the Café de la Paix. In the case you encountered any problem during your stay with us, do not hesitate to bring your problem to our hotel staff. We will do our best to solve it quickly. The most important for us it is your entire satisfaction.

Dear Fourstardust, we would like to thank you once again for your review and for your compliments on our location, rooms, building, restaurant and our hotel staff.

Quality & Executive Assistant
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

They rob me my cloth I don't recomend this hotel the service horrible the room suite junior bad the bath without pressure horrible concierge we were very disappointed if you want to go to this hotel you will be stole it's up to you
1 hotel horrible
2 room horrible
3 concierge horrible
4 breakfast horrible
All horrible

0/0 rating

Stayed February 2014
IC-Paris-Le-Grand, Quality & Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Bondskyfall007,

We regret to read that some elements of our service were not up to your expectations.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay with us.
Your description does not reflect at all the quality of service that we want to provide to our guests and this is certainly not the way we train our team members.

We are attached to the quality of service delivered to our guests. When and if we happen to fail meeting our clients’ expectations, we sincerely appreciate to be made aware as we need to understand and progress. Your detailed feedback is extremely important to us

Dear Bondskyfall007, we want to thank you once again for your review.
Hoping that the image of the Intercontinental Paris Le Grand has not been tarnished by this experience. We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome your back to allows us to make you live a real experience Intercontinental Paris Le Grand.

Tallahassee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

First-time Paris visit and the Eiffel Tower View Room offered an amazing view of the city and the twinkling tower in the evening! This room type can only be booked on the IHG website and it made our trip so special. Beautiful hotel, great club floor offering breakfast and evening happy hour treats, great location in the city, and wonderful staff-especially the concierge staff. Should be a five star!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barb S,

We are pleased that the bathroom with all of the bathroom supplies and amenities provided were up to your expectations. Also we are glad to read that you liked the Empire style decoration of our hotel.

We are delighted to see how much you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is indeed ideally situated for sightseeing or shopping!

Moreover, we are pleased to see that your room with Eiffel Tower view and our Club Lounge with its services were up to your expectations. What a pleasure it will be to share your comments with our team members. Thank you for your very kind comments!

Dear Barb S, we want to thank you once again for you great review and we hope that your comment will be useful for many travelers.
Quality & Administrative Assistant

Been to InterContinental Paris Le Grand? Share your experiences!