“depends on the nature of your trip” 3 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #267 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oxford, United Kingdom
“depends on the nature of your trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

First the price it is to most people high but for the area and class of hotel fair market rate but what offened me was the costs for services wi fi,mini bar, breakfast and access to lougne even for platium members also there was a meaness with things like soap shampoo towels not much better then hoiday inn express as it happens I went on reward points but checked what I would have had to pay for my room before writing review. Having purchased the room with points I could only book a classic room as this was for my birthday I e mail the hotel asking that I get a nice room and explaining my partner would be arriving early without me so could we have an early check in I got a polite and prompt reply noting this points and saying if avalible I might get an upgrade(as I wanted to check in early I did not expect this to happen)
When my partner arrived the lobby was very busy the lady said check in was not yet possible my partner didn't know I had emailed and was accepting this when the lady noticed the booking being in different name and asked if I was coming too when sue said yes its his birthday the lady took a kindly intrest and offered a free breakfast and gave us a top floor room so I have no complaint but this was pure luck and the kindness of this member of staff as my email obviously did not follow my booking the free breakfast was also a blessing as we knew without paying for two that although fine is wildly over priced pretty standard fare.
The room was fine if small and the bed very comfortable the standard is not quiet what you would expect in 5 star the mini made a lot of noise and electric wires were hanging out the back the bathroom door did not shut properly. The staff were all polite and spoke very good english but it is busy and you are not made to feel special as in some high end hotels.I would not say don't go but if you have saved for a special trip I think you might be a little underwelmed like staying in a reliable buiness class hotel in a great location rather then a special part of your stay

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IC-Paris-Le-Grand, Quality Coordinator at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Alan252,

Thank you for posting your review here on Tripadvisor.

I regret to hear that you did experience some disappointment during your stay, regarding different services and amenities.

Your comments will be shared with our management teams in order to improve in the areas mentioned.

We hope that you did enjoy your birthday celebrations in Paris!

Quality Department
Sally.durrant@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Location and guest service are important to us in our choices of hotel, particularly as regards leisure stays. The Intercontinental Paris Le Grand provides an exceptional experience in every respects.

The guest service focus was, for us, wonderful. The front desk, club staff, room service and bar/restaurant service was as good as good gets. Particular mention to the Club staff in total and Clement and Amalie in specific who were kind and considerate in a moment of need. The front desk gentleman (whose name I truly regret not remembering so that you could ask for him) that checked us in and Oliver the Ambassador contact point were just great....many thanks to all for making our stay beyond our expectations.

Paris is an uban, iconic, historical treasure. The Paris Grand location is the perfect spot from which to explore Paris. Opera, Garden Tuilleries, Place Vendome, Louvre Museum, Champs Elysee, Avenue Montaigne, The Seine and more are just a few of the places in walking distance of the hotel. But then, Paris is a walkers delight of a city. We easily took the Metro to Montmartre, Rodin Museum, Espace Dali and the Left Bank. The view of Opera from our window was awesome (see pictures) and just the energy derived more than justified any upcharge for the view. The tableaux gave you a great sense of the romance, ambiance and history of Paris while simply enjoying your room. But then, we love Paris, our favorite city in the world to visit. This was the best hotel experience we have enjoyed of any of our visits. Tall grass there...

Take advantage of the Club offering. Paris is "tres expensive" the Club proposition is a great value and an incredible enhancement of the hotel experience.

This is an amazing hotel in a great location with a perfect service focus. Don't miss the chance to enjoy the many charms it has to offer.

Room Tip: Opera view and Club upgrade are good options.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IC-Paris-Le-Grand, Quality Coordinator at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Gary C,

Thank you for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor.

It will be an absolute pleasure to pass on your kind compliments to the teams, in particular Clement, Amalie and Oliver. I am glad to hear that they contributed to your well-being and enjoyment during your stay with us.

We are happy to see that you enjoyed our central location and especially the view from your room.

We hope to welcome you back to the InterContinental Paris Le Grand in the future.

Florence, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Sorry the review is so late. I am new to trip TripAdvisor! I stayed here for almost two weeks in the fall. I wasn't completely blown away by this hotel. It was very nice. Service was a little on the snotty side but that's fine. I wasn't going to let that hinder my trip.
The reason this hotel didn't receive 5 stars from me is the view from my bedroom window was the outside inside of the hotel. It was all pipes and wires and ac unit things, not a pretty Paris view. We couldn't be moved because the hotel was full.
Other then that the service was great. The hotel food was amazing, some of the fish dishes I didn't care for but there where plenty of other options. The beds and rooms where comfortable. The spa I did not get to use because they apparently book up very fast so they where full on the times I needed. Bar was great, drinks where wonderful! Concierge was very very helpful. Close to lots of shopping and restaurants. We walked a lot of places.
Overall this was a nice trip. I really did enjoy this hotel and I would stay here again but definitely ask for a room with a view!

Room Tip: Be sure to let them know you want a room with city view not an inside room!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IC-Paris-Le-Grand, Quality Coordinator at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Anna H,

Thank you for posting your review here on Tripadvisor.

I regret to hear that you were not satisfied with your room and moreover that we were unable to change the room for you due to high occupancy. In order to secure an outside view room, I would advise you to book either the Eiffel Tower view room or the Opéra Deluxe room. For all other room types the outside view is a request and unfortunately depending on availability we cannot always honour such requests.

We are glad to see that your enjoyed our central location and it will be a pleasure to pass on your kind comments to our Concierge Team.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Paris in the future.

Terrigal, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Recently stayed, booked club room but don't believe that was what we got, although we did have club access. Had a room with beautiful view of opera house but was only a small room. There was no introductory letter in our room outlining club benefits and no special bathroom amenities as we have come to expect in other InterCon club rooms.Check in was very ordinary and whilst there appeared to be a dedicated area for Ambassador club members it was not being utilised.No one took our bags as we walked through foyer, nor did anyone even offer to take our bags to our room. As an Ambassador Club member I have always been upgraded from the club room to a suite when staying in Europe but this did not happen. The staff in the club lounge were wonderful, extremely obliging, very attentive and most helpful without any stuffiness. I certainly recommend the hotel as it has a wonderful ambience and is a superb Paris experience but I believe the hotel has some systems issues which need to be addressed to give it that extra star.

Room Tip: High floor, opera view is superb, ask for king bed not two twins zippered together as you still get...
Dear Callmehelen,

Thank you for your sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor.

I regret to hear that you were disappointed with some elements of your stay.

We do indeed have a dedicated area for Ambassador Member check-ins at the reception desk and for guests having reserved a Club room there is a private check-in desk directly up in the Club Lounge.

As an Ambassador Member, one of your privileges is a complimentary room upgrade. You received an Opéra Deluxe view room which is indeed an upgrade from a Club room. I regret if you felt that this was not a satisfactory upgrade.

I would like to apologise that nobody offered to help with your bags. This is not the usual level of service that we strive to provide and your comments have been passed on to the teams involved and their management in order to take corrective actions.

It will be a pleasure to share your compliments with the Club Lounge team and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Paris in the future.

Perth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The setting of this Hotel, right next to Opera is great. However it is an InterContinental Hotel and so you expect certain standards. I was most disapointed to find that our room did not have any tea or coffee making facilities and that, when the morning coffee came (ordered through room service), it was warm not hot! The Hotel assured me that they have plans to put tea/coffee making equipment into all the rooms.......... Hmmn

Secondly the air-conditioning temperature control did not work properly (at least any adjustments that we made did not affect the temperature). Thankfully the window opened onto an internal courtyard and so we were able to have the window open without city noise intruding. Even so, there was not enough breeze to keep us comfortable.

The Hotel makes much of its history and location. I would rate it as 'faded elegance' and feel that some significant upgrade needs to take place before it meets the excellent standards of other InterContinental Hotels I have stayed at.

Room Tip: Make sure that you test the air-conditioning when you first enter the room.
Dear HielanDrover,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review here on Tripadvisor.

I regret to hear that you had some difficulties regarding the in-room heating. I do hope that you did let us know about this during your stay, giving us the opportunity to repair it.

We are indeed working on installing tea and coffee making facilities in all of our rooms and this should be in place over the next few months.

Your comments have been well noted and shared with the management.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Paris in the future.

usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

While the property seems to be clean, we found bed bug.
I have pictures.
Checkin was fine until A sup. Caroline showed up whispering behind the clerks back in a very rude unmanner ways.
Very unprofessional behavior to end up finding bed bugs and having to change rooms.
While the location is good it is no different f
from many other hotels nearby that most likely don't have bed bugs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Emelende,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We sincerely regret if the attitude or behaviour of one of our team members made you feel not respected, please accept our apologies for any upset caused at the time of check-in. Your comments have been passed on to the Front Desk Management team to take corrective actions.

I am deeply concerned to read your claims of bed bugs in the room. As this was reported during your stay, a complete check of the room and beds was carried out and found no evidence to confirm the presence of bedbugs. I do apologise for any unease or discomfort that this may have caused.

Our guests comfort and safety is of paramount importance to us and we have very strict controls here at the hotel regarding health and hygiene, including regular interventions from the company Rentokil who check our rooms and bedding.

I do invite you to contact me personally should you wish to discuss this matter further.

sally.durrant@ihg.com
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

stayed in the hotel a few days together with officemates. Check in was a problem since there were some people in our group who had no rooms until 8pm (waited from 5pm until 8pm to have their rooms ready). Location is superb... Shopping malls (Gallaries La Fayette), metro (Opera), sightseeing (walking distance to Louvre Museum). Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
IC-Paris-Le-Grand, Quality Coordinator at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Margel_01,

Thank you for posting your review here on Tripadvisor.

We regret to hear that you experienced some difficulties upon your check-in and would like to apologise for the inconvenience that this caused to you and your group.

We are glad to see that you enjoyed our central location and hope to see you again in Paris!

Sally.durrant@ihg.com

Been to InterContinental Paris Le Grand? Share your experiences!