The InterContinental Paris Le Grand lives up to its name ("Grand") when referring to its location, building, and interiors. It sits next to the Opera metro station in an historic, magnificent, beautiful building with rich, luxurious interiors.
But, scratch even slightly beneath the surface, and one experiences problems with amenities and service that would be expected from a much less "grand" hotel, and for a much cheaper price. The past two years before this one, my husband and I stayed at InterContinental hotels in Rome (2010) and London (2011). We can recommend those, but not this one...
We paid for an "Accommodation Upsell" for a Club Room for our eight night stay, and were given a room on the second floor on the Opera side. The room had a very nice view of the Opera across the street. But, noise from the street and, worse, from the Metro underneath could be heard all through the day and night, even when I wore earplugs.
The room had lovely furnishings. Unfortunately, the staff did not keep them clean. There was mold on the upper wall and ceiling of three corners of the bathroom, the maid left a dirty rag in the bathroom, and the maids never picked up dirty dishes left from the night before. Early in our stay, we noticed that other guests put dirty dishes on a hall table near our room At first, we thought those guests must be rude in doing so, rather than leaving them in the room. Then, when the maid never picked up our dishes, we realized that other guests put them on the hall table out of frustration. So, we did as well.
Other staff equally underperformed. The doormen and porters rarely helped us get taxis. When we stood outside trying, they only twice offered to help (during an eight day stay with once to twice daily attempts on our part). One evening, the Club lounge closed half an hour early, which forced my husband and I to go to the lobby for a drink. While there, a mouse ran across the lobby, causing two women to jump onto their chairs and (of course) scream.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Paris Le Grand Hotel Paris
- Intercontinental Paris Le Grand Hotel
- Le Grand Hotel Paris
- Intercontinental Paris
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Paris Le Grand, opened during the reign of Napoleon III, is located in the very heart of the city: across the street from the Opéra Garnier, close to some of the best-known Parisian attractions, world-famous department stores and the wonderful Place Vendôme. The hotel contains 470 rooms, all richly decorated in the colours of the Opéra, and a warmly illuminated haven of peace and serenity in the bustle of Parisian life: la Verrière. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Paris Le Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.