“A Work in Progress” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Paris Opera

You added Hilton Paris Opera to your Saves list
Hilton Paris Opera
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   108 Rue Saint-Lazare, 75008 Paris, France (Formerly Concorde Opera Paris)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #808 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Branchburg, New Jersey
“A Work in Progress”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

First, I have to say that I was delighted that another Hilton property had come to Paris. However, right now and after our visit, I would say that this hotel is a work in progress. As I see it, they can either spiral upward or downward. Right now, I would say they were on a downward spiral. My frustrations were many and my delights were few and far between.
1. The concierge service is the shining star of the hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and attentive to our needs. They were always eager to arrange transportation, suggest things to do, and recommend ways of getting around Paris. They are the best!
2. We arrived at 3:00 PM and were told our room was not ready. Check-in is at 2:00PM. I was given another room; however, this room was not what I expected as I was told it was an upgraded room. The room was small. During our stay, Paris experienced the warmest days of the year. Our room was warm (hot) and the AC didn’t seem to help. We had sleepless night due to the room temperature.
3. Breakfast was okay. The selection of foods is quite varied. The downside is that there is only one coffee maker that makes coffee, one cup at a time. The que is long. One day the staff got coffee for us, the other days we were on our own, standing in the que waiting to get a cup of coffee. (Whatever happened to coffee pots? Why are the French so enamored with the ridiculous coffee makers? ) One morning there was no still water on the buffet table. I asked a server for more still water. He brought one bottle and put it on the table without removing the top. I tried and tried to remove the top using the pull tab; but due to arthritis in the fingers, I could not do it. When I asked the server to remove the top, he did so with an attitude.
4. Going to the Executive Lounge was entertaining in itself. The food was tasty and the wine good. Some nights the service was good with the table set with food and wine by 6:00PM. However, on two nights, the server did not begin to set up the table until 6:00PM; therefore, it was almost 6:30 before the table was set and ready for the people in the lounge to get food. One night there was no knife to cut the cheese, no utensils, no napkins, limited number of glasses and plates, no sugar free drinks, etc. It is interesting in that some nights 2-3 people are setting up and serving; while other nights, one person is in charge. The servers run back and forth from the kitchen to the lounge and each time return with one tray, or six bottles of beer, or one serving utensil.
5. We ate in the bar a several times. Again, the service was inconsistent. The food was okay; however, the menu is very limited. The surroundings are absolutely beautiful.
6. Housekeeping. The room was clean. However, it was not always stocked well with toiletries and other items for the bathroom. Also, I would leave a tip and a request for additional items. The staff took the tip, but did not grant our request. For some reason, this really irritates me.
7. The location of this Hilton is good. It is close to the Metro and taxis are always available. There are good restaurants right across the street.
8. This is a grand, historic building; however, there was no information available regarding the history of the hotel, how Hilton came acquired the property, etc. (The Hilton Paddington in London at least provides a history of the hotel. The information is in each guest room.) We would have loved to read about this hotel.
9. Other reviews indicate that they are doing very well. I hope that the hotel management gets a handle of some of these issues.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
hiltonparisopera, Responsable relations clients at Hilton Paris Opera, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear LiJo4145j,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us through Tripadvisor. I have read your comment with great interest and would like to thank you for your open and honest feedback.

I am proud to announce you that since the 14th of January we are an officially Hilton Hotel situated in the heart of Paris. The whole hotel is undergoing a full renovation to become the new Hilton Paris Opera that we are today. It is true that during this extensive renovation, it has been a challenging period for us but rest assured that we always try to reach the highest level of service for our guests.

Please rest assured that I have taken good note about your comments regarding your breakfast and executive lounge experience. I will share your open remarks with our Food & Beverage Manager to improve each day our quality of service.

It is thanks to your open feedback that we are able to improve each day our guest’s service and to make sure that our guests have an unforgettable stay in the city of lights.

I hope to welcome you back soon at Hilton Paris Opera.

Kind regards

Bo Beyls
Guest Relation Department

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed at two previous Hiltons in Paris and we left this one after one night! We will never stay here again. The staff are okay but with the hotel under construction you can't even get there! The executive lounge was pathetic and food not even good! There were just too many things wrong to list. We went to the Hotel de
Collectioeur which was a previous Hilton and felt so much more comfortable. Quiet, staff very welcoming and the executive
Lounge pleasant. Think twice about booking as this is a very congested area and noisey!

Stayed April 2015
hiltonparisopera, Guest Relations Department at Hilton Paris Opera, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear texas423,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor posting following your recent stay!

I am saddened by your disappointment which is obviously not the image we wish that you retain of your recent experience @ Hilton Paris Opera.

It is true that the municipality of Paris is making some constructions on the main road in front of the hotel entrance, and it could impact our guest’s arrival. This is why we kindly asked our guest not to hesitate to contact us on +33 1 40 08 43 50. A person will come right away to help them if by any chance they have some trouble getting to the entrance of the hotel.

Moreover, I am pleased to inform you all the renovations are planned to be finished by summer 2015 and truly hope to welcome you back afterwards.

Best Regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Extremely distressed and unhappy. Immediately after eating dinner in the Petit Bar, we saw a mouse skipping across the floor. The staff didn't seem phased by this which makes me wonder whether this is a regular occurrence. It's a shame because I liked the atmosphere in the bar. Definitely won't be eating breakfast or lunch here tomorrow. This incident might not affect some guests, but this is unacceptable to me - particularly in an area where food is being prepared and served. Mice are my absolute pet hate!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear MrsCampbellindistress

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave an open and honest comment further to your stay @ Hilton Paris Opera.

I am really surprised and sincerely regret that you saw a rodent in the Petit Bar and I would like to apologize for this exceptional disturbance. It is truly not the souvenir we want to leave you with.
Please rest assured we have contacted a specialized company to fix this matter.

However, I hope you enjoyed your stay in the city of lights despite of this unfortunate incident.

I am looking to welcome you back within the Hilton Family.

With my best regards,

Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is undergoing reconstruction on two floors, something the Hilton website does not mention. While there, the air conditioning went out for the entire hotel. Small rooms, although well appointed. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed April 2015
hiltonparisopera, Guest Relations Department at Hilton Paris Opera, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear GreatBaldOne

Thank you for your Tripadvisor posting following your recent stay @ Hilton Paris Opera!
I hope you enjoyed your stay in the city of lights.

Our hotel is currently undergoing refurbishments to be one of the most beautiful hotels in Paris!
I am pleased to inform you all the renovations are planned to be finished by summer 2015.

However, it is true that an issue with the air conditioning appeared during your stay with us.
We regret it very sincerely, and we apologize for this incident.
Please rest assured I have contacted our Technician Manager to make sure this issue is avoided in the future.

I really hope you will allow us a second chance to prove you the merits of the Hilton Paris Opera.

Kind Regards,

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Paid for four nights (stayed three) but wanted room available when I arrived. Took an hour to get the luggage delivered to the room and they were not very busy when I arrived. The room was ready, but was very hot. After several people came to investigate, the engineer concluded the AC was not working and we could open the window (not...in a very noisy part of town with construction on the street in front). Four hours later we were finally moved to a room with the AC sort of working (still not cool enough, but acceptable). The room was a good size, but handicap accessible, so shower was rolling with just curtains. Executive lounge was fine, but nothing exceptional and I thought the wines were not that good. Breakfast was fine. The hotel has been refurbished and is generally nice, although things don't seem to work quite right. To have the electrical outlets work, the lights have to be on, so forget about charging things while you sleep. Also, there are very few electrical outlets and none by the desk - you would really think Hilton would have thought of these things during the refurbishment! Final straw - lost my wife's underwear when put in the laundry.

Room Tip: Working AC
Dear dt95,

How sorry I am to read your review following your recent stay @ Hilton Paris Opera, but nevertheless thank you for taking the time to express your views.

First of all, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and dissatisfaction caused during your stay with us. I truly regret this unfortunate series of disadvantages that you have experienced, as Hilton Paris Opera is committed to improving its service each day a little more.

Despite our efforts to maintain the quality of service you expect, sometimes special circumstances do not allow us to give you complete satisfaction. I want to assure you that the comments that you kindly share have been brought to the attention of concerned Managers so that your testimony serves to support the improvement of our services.

I really hope you will allow us a second chance to prove you the merit of the Hilton Paris Opera and show your recent experience was the exception rather than the rule.

If you should be planning another trip to Paris, please let me know and I will make sure your stay with us will be perfect.

Kind Regards,

NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great hotel near our Paris office. Nice people with friendly service. Fast check in.

A few short steps from St. Lazare stations (RER and metro)

The rooms are on the small side but not news in Paris. But they more than make up for it in style and convenience.

Electrical outlet and 2 USB outlets on each side of the bed. No bending, searching... they are right there so you can recharge your devices after using them in bed. More electric and USB by the desk and a nice additional pop-up make up mirror there.

Bathroom is large with heated marble floor (Bliss, nothing ruins your mood like getting up in middle of the night to use the restroom and having to deal with a cold floor)

The lobby bar is very nice

Fitness: Here is the down side. If you need serious fitness, look elsewhere the fitness room here consists of running/stairmaster/cycle + some free weights and one machine. Exactly what you see in the hotel photos in a room around 30M or so.

Our office has a fitness room which is much bigger and better equipped so it is not such an issue for me.

Bottom line: As long as you are looking for casual or no fitness room this is one of the best places in Paris

Room Tip: My room was next to a utility or supply closet and every morning, early (but after I awoke) there wa...
Dear Mark__Moscow,

I am glad you had such a wonderful stay with us!
Thank you for your detailed review with very interesting comments and feedback.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon @ Hilton Paris Opera, when deciding another visit in the City of Lights!

With my best regards,

Herne Bay, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

DO NOT BOOK A DOUBLE SUPERIOR ROOM - Was told by a member of staff these are the only ones NOT refurbished. In fact don’t book any room until the refurb is complete as some of the already refurbished rooms have scaffolding outside. Wait for all rooms to be renovated, I stayed 28th / 29th March so don’t know how long it will be, best off contacting hotel.

However this is probably the worst experience I've ever had in a hotel. It was my girfriends birthday recently so i took her here to celebrate after hearing it was a newly refurbished hotel (even their website states that). What the hotel does not state is that the refurbishment has not yet finished, it felt like we were staying in one of those building site cabins!

The front of the building has road works going on (Not the hotels fault), but it does not create the best feeling entering a hotel. Our room was on the 5th floor (567). When the lift doors opened and we walked down the corridor I could tell something was not right. Everything looked dated and the carpets were dirty.

The the room itself was a complete disappointment:

Out of date, scruffy finish
Shower that went cold then hot (maybe caused by leaking from the shower head)
Magnified mirror bulb not working
Mini bar inaccurate
Scaffolding out side room
Monday 8am builders started work, around 8.30am scaffolding was being thrown around
Noise on Saturday night outside from drunk people and traffic

i was offered another room but they wanted and extra 60 euros a night!

I gave 2 marks only because the staff at the hotel are very good. All were welcoming and helpful cannot fault that, they were excellent. And also after complaining to Hilton they have dealt with that very well and I’m happy with outcome.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear cmchilds,

I would like to thank you for your honest feedback received on the trip advisor website, and also for the nice comments about the service delivered from our teams.

I am really sorry to hear the room allocated to your stay did not meet your expectation.
This room was indeed not refurbished during your stay with us, and I would like to present my sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

However, I am pleased to inform you all our available room are now renovated, Superior Room being currently closed for refurbishment.

I really hope you will allow us a second chance by trying one of our beautiful new renovated rooms.

Always at your disposal,

Regards,

Guest Relations Department

Been to Hilton Paris Opera? Share your experiences!