When you enter the hotel, more than a century old, you are struck by the majestic lobby. Walk to the rear of the lobby and look up, and you will see a striking view of the upper floors. As an alternative to the elevator, take the elegant stairway, with its runners and art on the walls. You will immediately feel that you are in a Parisian setting – even before you see a sign on the stairway that says “escalier” and reminds you of the French expression “esprit d’escalier.”
We sprung for a junior suite, which was a good move, as we gained a roomy sitting area at a reasonable price. Presumably, the prices are more reasonable in February than in the spring. Our room had no view worthy of mention, as we were on the second floor, facing the interior of the building, where what would be a courtyard or atrium is covered by a roof.
The hotel offers a free continental breakfast. WiFi is also free, but it is slow. We realized a little bit later than we might have liked that when you use WiFi in the lobby, you want to be in the front (i.e., the lower portion) of the lobby, as the rear (upper portion) of the lobby was hopeless. The hotel also shows its age in the bathrooms, where it is difficult to maintain a steady water temperature in the shower.
The concierge desk was extremely helpful, willing to spend many minutes helping us to understand maps of the streets and the Metro. The hotel also provides some of the simple pleasures, like bathrobes and slippers.
The location in the Eighth Arrondissement (a low-population business district) was very convenient, as we were able to walk to the Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower, Tuileries, and Louvre. The Metro is also convenient to the hotel.
The experience was very pleasant, and we would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Hotel in impressive, historic, ornate building with magnificent marble-filled, neo-classical Lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Concorde Opera Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Concorde Opera Paris Hotel Paris
- Concorde Saint Lazare Hotel
- Concorde St Lazare
- Hotel Concorde Saint Lazare