“Wonderful Service in a lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Concorde Opera Paris
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   108 Rue Saint-Lazare, 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #905 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Service in a lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

A bit of a late review but wanted to make sure I wrote one none the less. Stayed here with my partner for my birthday in January. Was my first trip to Paris so I was definitely excited. Driving up to the hotel, the staff were right away very helpful with our luggage and taking the car to parking. At check in we were complimentarily upgraded twice! We were very surprised at that and of course grateful.

The room was big by Paris standards and the bathroom was wonderful with a jacuzzi-like bath. Although, the room was comfortable it could have done with a bit of updating, as some of it had clear wear and tear. Our view was also of the train station which wasn't too exciting. I really couldn't imagine what the original room we booked would have been like.

Room service breakfast was delicious and fresh. The usual french fare of cafe au lait's and croissants. Service is what is best in this hotel.

The location is convenient as well as the metro is right there and you can walk to Galleries Lafayettes and some other great shopping. Everything else is just a short cab ride away.

Unfortunately, while we were in the bar downstairs having a nightcap, there was a little mouse making its way around the tables. It was quite entertaining playing spot the mouse, but i'm sure not everyone would feel that way.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
concordeoperaparis, Responsable relations clients at Concorde Opera Paris, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Spurs1985,

Thank you for this wonderful comment concerning your stay at Concorde Opera Paris.
We are sincerely pride to hear that you enjoyed your trip in our hotel.
We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you at Concorde Opera Paris in a near future.

976 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here recently for a weekend birthday trip to Paris. I can honestly say that the service was the best of any I have received in any hotel before. Every member of staff made us feel special, remembered our names etc. Hugo the duty manager arranged an upgrade for us and a personally written birthday card and chocolates, such a thoughtful touch! Also the concierge Vincent, he organised a cabaret show for us, the best seats in the house and a shout out for my birthday! Nothing was too much trouble for any if the staff!
The location is also fabulous, very close to many popular sights and with great access to the underground.
The hotel itself is beautiful although the bathroom was a little tired and in need of redecorating.
All in all I highly recommend that anyone should stay here for business or relaxation!! It is fantastic!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Rose0402,

Thank you for taking time to leave a wonderful comment !
I'm glade to see that you enjoyed your stay at Concorde Opera Paris and that we made unforgettable memories for your birthday...
Hope to welcome you in a near future !

Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

After reviewing my past posting I forgot to write this one. We stayed here at the end of August for 2 nights. After being on a cruise and a couple of nights in Normandy we made our way to Paris. Got into Paris a day early and after hearing from a cousin where we were to stay that we had no lodging. Arrived at the train station without reservations had some aware where we might go but turned to the husband and said do you want the closest and he said yes. So walked into and up to reservations and the night clerk could not have been nicer. We were offer a deluxe room which was a bit tight but which we would have been offered a larger room but was thankful to have a bed. Did miss at that time no dinning but the staff could not have been more helpful in directing us to what we asked for. The hotel was very quiet and very helpful. I too have to state wish the rooms would have not been so tired looking but again it was fine for 2 nights. And by Paris standards fine. The location is great and close to a lot of attractions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
concordeoperaparis, Responsable relations clients at Concorde Opera Paris, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Kitty-2004,

Thank you for your great review!
I am glad you had such a wonderful stay with us! Thank you for the nice comments about the service delivered from our teams.
Hope to see you back very soon in the heart of Paris

Hugo MENAGER
Newport -Trefdraeth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We recently stayed at the Concorde Opera in Paris for 4 nights having stayed there a number of times for rugby weekends previously.As a previous reviewer has written I list the pros and cons:
pros
1 welcoming,friendly staff
2 hotel position ideal for tourism allowing easy access by metro to the central attractions.
3 good breakfast
cons
1 expensive to stay, in particular bar prices and mini bar prices in room prohibitive.
2 room disappointing-rather a tired look in desperate need of refurbishment ie furniture and bathroom tiles need replacing and the plumbing need modernisation as we experienced hot and cold fluctuation in water temperature from the shower.Also carpet worn.Redecoration needed.
3 temperamental wi-fi -internet access slow
4 we will be reluctant to return unless our suggestions are adhered to.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rhyd2003,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Concorde Opera Paris
I am sadded by your disappointment which is obviously not the image I wish that you retain of your recent experience at Concorde Opera Paris.
Hoping to regain your confidence in a near future.

Hugo MENAGER
leeds / manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I recently took my partner to the hotel for to celebrate her birthday. This hotel sits in a special memory for me, as I once visited as a boy and always wanted to return one day for a romantic trip.

The night before we were due to arrive I called the hotel to check that all was fine with the reservation. I discovered that the comparison website I had used, automatically changed the dates for in March instead of February. I was then informed that the hotel was full during the dates that I needed, due to the French rugby team staying.

I spoke with Hugo the manager on duty at the time and explained my problem. He insisted that he was utterly powerless to do anything about this, but promised that he would do his best to resolve the situation.

Hugo contacted me back later to explain that he had worked very hard and managed to free just one last room in the hotel for my partner and I to stay in. I could just tell that he had really pushed the boat out on this one.

Upon arriving to the hotel, we were advised that our room had been upgraded (after definitively being told this was not possible), and to top it off my partner was wished happy birthday by the reception, door staff and gentleman who carried our bags to the room, all of which made her feel very special! We later received a little gift and birthday card from Hugo personally in the room, which was a really sweet touch.

Vincent on the concierge desk provided an utter impeccable service throughout our stay. He booked every restaurant and even a cabaret show for us. Everywhere we visited, my partner was wished happy birthday, even from the show presenter on stage! In terms of professionalism and capability Vincent really is outstanding.

Overall, the hotel lobby and bar are stunning. The lobby really is as good as in the pictures. The rooms have a very Parisian feel to them, whilst the bathroom possibly looking a little tired, they are perfect as a city center, base for a romantic break for too.

The location of the hotel is really great, with access to tube and main streets very near by.

I would recommend this hotel very highly to anyone wanting to take a break in Paris. Any negative reviews on this site can be overlooked due to the quality of care from the staff.

Thanks Hugo, Vincent and the Concord Opera

Room Tip: Street rooms, on a high floor with window and small balcony are the ones to go for. Utilize the conc...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
concordeoperaparis, Responsable relations clients at Concorde Opera Paris, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Olliechapman,

Thank you very very much, for taking time to live a wonderful massage on partner website TripAdvisor.
We will share your comment to our staff !
We are pleased to read that we meet your expectation and that you enjoyed your trip in Paris !
Hope to welcome you in a near future !

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Pros
- You cannot beat the location. Walk to Printemps, Lafayette , Place de Madeleine.
- Underground station connects to every part of Paris
- Internet was free at average speed
- Ok breakfast included in price
- Next to train station means easy access to convenience stores
- Door man/ bell boys were pretty efficient

Cons
- Dated rooms/ bathroom
- Unreliable hot water ie. hot/ cold/ hot/ cold
- Inadequate in room heating (snowing outside at the time) Had to ask them for a heater which took an hour and 2 phone calls to reception.
- Terrible room service. Normal room service menu not served on Sundays- had to settle for overpriced snacks ie. Pizza - better off snacking at the train station or Mcdonalds opposite the hotel.

I would stay here again for business if it was cheap but not a romantic getaway with your lover.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
concordeoperaparis, Responsable relations clients at Concorde Opera Paris, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear jcjchung,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. It is always such a pleasure to read that our guests enjoyed their stay at Concorde Opéra Paris.
However, we do apologies for the inconvenience you met with the bath soap. We will transmit your comments to our general housekeeper.
We are all looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Hugo Ménager
Dominical, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My sisters and I stayed here our last night in Paris and though we were not in the room for much of our stay we were delighted with how large and spacious our room was AND we had an excellent view from our bedroom window. The lobby is beautiful, the bar/lounge great for an evening drink and located near the metro. This was our 2nd stay at a Concorde property and we were not disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
concordeoperaparis, Responsable relations publiques at Concorde Opera Paris, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear LyndaCR
Thank you so much for this kind review !
We are sincerely pleased to read you enjoyed your trip with your sister in Paris and with us.
Hope to welcome you soon for a third time ?
Pauline

Been to Concorde Opera Paris? Share your experiences!