“"rather a tired look"” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,040 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Newport -Trefdraeth, United Kingdom
“"rather a tired look"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We recently stayed at the Concorde Opera in Paris for 4 nights having stayed there a number of times for rugby weekends previously.As a previous reviewer has written I list the pros and cons:
pros
1 welcoming,friendly staff
2 hotel position ideal for tourism allowing easy access by metro to the central attractions.
3 good breakfast
cons
1 expensive to stay, in particular bar prices and mini bar prices in room prohibitive.
2 room disappointing-rather a tired look in desperate need of refurbishment ie furniture and bathroom tiles need replacing and the plumbing need modernisation as we experienced hot and cold fluctuation in water temperature from the shower.Also carpet worn.Redecoration needed.
3 temperamental wi-fi -internet access slow
4 we will be reluctant to return unless our suggestions are adhered to.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
concordeoperaparis, Responsable relations clients at Concorde Opera Paris, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Rhyd2003,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Concorde Opera Paris
I am sadded by your disappointment which is obviously not the image I wish that you retain of your recent experience at Concorde Opera Paris.
Hoping to regain your confidence in a near future.

Hugo MENAGER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
leeds / manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I recently took my partner to the hotel for to celebrate her birthday. This hotel sits in a special memory for me, as I once visited as a boy and always wanted to return one day for a romantic trip.

The night before we were due to arrive I called the hotel to check that all was fine with the reservation. I discovered that the comparison website I had used, automatically changed the dates for in March instead of February. I was then informed that the hotel was full during the dates that I needed, due to the French rugby team staying.

I spoke with Hugo the manager on duty at the time and explained my problem. He insisted that he was utterly powerless to do anything about this, but promised that he would do his best to resolve the situation.

Hugo contacted me back later to explain that he had worked very hard and managed to free just one last room in the hotel for my partner and I to stay in. I could just tell that he had really pushed the boat out on this one.

Upon arriving to the hotel, we were advised that our room had been upgraded (after definitively being told this was not possible), and to top it off my partner was wished happy birthday by the reception, door staff and gentleman who carried our bags to the room, all of which made her feel very special! We later received a little gift and birthday card from Hugo personally in the room, which was a really sweet touch.

Vincent on the concierge desk provided an utter impeccable service throughout our stay. He booked every restaurant and even a cabaret show for us. Everywhere we visited, my partner was wished happy birthday, even from the show presenter on stage! In terms of professionalism and capability Vincent really is outstanding.

Overall, the hotel lobby and bar are stunning. The lobby really is as good as in the pictures. The rooms have a very Parisian feel to them, whilst the bathroom possibly looking a little tired, they are perfect as a city center, base for a romantic break for too.

The location of the hotel is really great, with access to tube and main streets very near by.

I would recommend this hotel very highly to anyone wanting to take a break in Paris. Any negative reviews on this site can be overlooked due to the quality of care from the staff.

Thanks Hugo, Vincent and the Concord Opera

Room Tip: Street rooms, on a high floor with window and small balcony are the ones to go for. Utilize the conc...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
concordeoperaparis, Responsable relations clients at Concorde Opera Paris, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Olliechapman,

Thank you very very much, for taking time to live a wonderful massage on partner website TripAdvisor.
We will share your comment to our staff !
We are pleased to read that we meet your expectation and that you enjoyed your trip in Paris !
Hope to welcome you in a near future !

Sincerely yours,
Hugo
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Pros
- You cannot beat the location. Walk to Printemps, Lafayette , Place de Madeleine.
- Underground station connects to every part of Paris
- Internet was free at average speed
- Ok breakfast included in price
- Next to train station means easy access to convenience stores
- Door man/ bell boys were pretty efficient

Cons
- Dated rooms/ bathroom
- Unreliable hot water ie. hot/ cold/ hot/ cold
- Inadequate in room heating (snowing outside at the time) Had to ask them for a heater which took an hour and 2 phone calls to reception.
- Terrible room service. Normal room service menu not served on Sundays- had to settle for overpriced snacks ie. Pizza - better off snacking at the train station or Mcdonalds opposite the hotel.

I would stay here again for business if it was cheap but not a romantic getaway with your lover.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
concordeoperaparis, Responsable relations clients at Concorde Opera Paris, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear jcjchung,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. It is always such a pleasure to read that our guests enjoyed their stay at Concorde Opéra Paris.
However, we do apologies for the inconvenience you met with the bath soap. We will transmit your comments to our general housekeeper.
We are all looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Hugo Ménager
Dominical, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My sisters and I stayed here our last night in Paris and though we were not in the room for much of our stay we were delighted with how large and spacious our room was AND we had an excellent view from our bedroom window. The lobby is beautiful, the bar/lounge great for an evening drink and located near the metro. This was our 2nd stay at a Concorde property and we were not disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
concordeoperaparis, Responsable relations publiques at Concorde Opera Paris, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear LyndaCR
Thank you so much for this kind review !
We are sincerely pleased to read you enjoyed your trip with your sister in Paris and with us.
Hope to welcome you soon for a third time ?
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for two nights last week. When we arrived we were upgraded to a junior suite and we enjoyed a very happy and comfortable stay. All the staff were, without exception, charming and efficient and on my partner's birthday he was presented with a hand-written card and some chocolates! The reception hall was really impressive and the hotel bar is a great meeting place, intimate and buzzy at the same time, ideal for pre and after dinner drinks! We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others looking for a very central and upmarket stay in Paris.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
concordeoperaparis, Responsable relations clients at Concorde Opera Paris, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear JennieBristol !

We are sincerely pleased to read that your Parisian stay was a success !
We are deeply happy to know that our special attention was appreciated, Thank you !
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon, maybe around a new cocktail at the Golden Black Bar ?
Best regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel's best feature is its location by Gare St Lazare, allowing access to multiple trains. Other selling points are the beautiful lobby, tasty buffet breakfast with good range, friendly staff and helpful concierge. Be careful when booking - rooms do not all look the same as what is depicted on website! Overall had a great stay. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed January 2013
concordeoperaparis, Responsable relations clients at Concorde Opera Paris, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Lolcano,

Thank your very much for your nice review !
I am happy to see that you enjoyed Paris and that our location helped you.
Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back, should your plans bring you back to Paris !
Have a great day !
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This was my first time saying at the Concorde Opera. The location was great but I saw mice scurring through the lobby. When I confronted the staff they said "oh it's only in the lobby and it's because of the metro stop right by us". Gross. There are plenty of hotels near metro stops that do not have mice. I hardly believe that it is just in the lobby. The nonchalant attitude of the employees about this matter disturbed me even more. If you aren't bothered by rodents in your hotel then this is a fine place to stay. If you are like me and would prefer not to share your room with uninvited guests, just fork it out and stick to the George V Four Seasons.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
concordeoperaparis, Responsable relations clients at Concorde Opera Paris, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear C M,

We are glad to see that you enjoyed the location of Concorde Opéra Paris.

We are deeply sorry that your stay with us does not meet your expectations.

For a few years, the Concorde Opera Paris redoubled efforts to improve the quality of services

Your satisfaction is at the center of our concerns, many training schemes are proposed to all our staff in liaison with the customers.

Hoping to regain your confidence, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in a near future.

With our best regards,

Hugo Ménager

Been to Concorde Opera Paris? Share your experiences!