“Great value, great location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Pavillon Opera
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   38, rue de l'Echiquier | 10 Arr., 75010 Paris, France   |
Ranked #1,202 of 1,796 hotels in Paris
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great value, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I booked this hotel through my airline. I knew where I wanted to stay in Paris and how much I had in my budget. I like to stay near the Opera because it is close to all the places that I like to visit when in Paris. From the hotel, if you cannot walk to where you want to go, it is only a short taxi ride. We were three adults in the room and we were not crowded. The room had everything we wanted. It had a real shower (with shower curtain), real pillows, a fridge, and a room safe. It was quiet with no street noise. I mention these things because you can pay the same price and get a room half the size somewhere else. The room was clean and picked up every day. The staff was very friendly and helpful. When I needed a bottle of wine opened they took care of me. They booked my ride back to the airport. The hotel is a block away from a street with all kinds of restaurants and food shops including cheese, wine bakery etc. I have been to Paris many times and I will definitely book this hotel on my next trip to Paris.

Room Tip: I always check the floor area that is given in the hotel room description so I can compare rooms bef...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

326 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Borders the 9th and 10th districts. Which means you are in zone one of Paris. (So just get the 1 zone metro pass).
There are 3 subways within 8 min walk of the hotel--- which in my terms means if it was raining and you needed to get back to the hotel you wouldn't get too wet.
Rooms are nice. Good size. Get the one with the tub. Ample hot water no creaking pipes and very comfy beds and linens. (Tip your cleaning lady)!
Safe in the room and a mini fridge for you to chill your beer or white wine. :)
Cool little elevator and I loved the bar and breakfast area....but must admit I didn't pay the 19euros for breakfast. There are soooo many places nearby to go to. The restaurants all stay open late and it's really a bustling neighbourhood. Though there are lots of hotels it's not touristy.
You can walk to scare cour though best to subway everywhere. For Versailles you just get on your line and go to invalided. Then a 3euro ride to Versailles !
Rooms are very quiet. Get one away from the street but not a huge issue. Not much of a view but again, good sized room.
Front desk staff very helpful! They helped us with train directions and cabs... Even loaned us a bottle opener!
Area is great.... There is a grocery store nearby for your snacks n booze. Tons of cafés... Yes even a Starbucks.
Worth staying at!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

As a lot of people have said, the hotel looks good on the face of it but lets itself down with the following: the outdated and in some cases crumbling decor in the hotel rooms and corridors, which really, really needs to be refreshed; the lack of soundproofing, as the walls are too thin, which caused me to have a bad night's sleept; lack of hotel information in the room - had to ring reception to obtain a WIFI password; also not impressed that they insisted on taking a 50 EUR deposit, in spite of the fact that I had already pre-paid; my parents had problems with lack of sockets in their rooms, there was only one they could use.

On the plus side, I did have a lovely Executive room but again decor, curtains carpeting, the colours of which did not match, were nothing to be desired and looked like something that would even by rejected by the 1970s.

I thought breakfast was lovely but there did not seem to be enough staff around to give guidance or clear nearby tables immediately after being used by guests.

You get what you pay for and if they ever refurbish, considering the area it is in, a lot of people would be priced out.

Room Tip: I got a larger room than my parents by booking through Eurostar site, whereas they booked through Ex...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Romney Marsh, Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We did a Eurostar train and hotel package and decided on this hotel as it was central to all the important tourist spots and not too expensive. We knew it was in a more bohemian part of the capital, slightly rundown and ragged around the edges and unfortunately the area the hotel is situated in is not the most salubrious. However the hotel was fab; breakfast was a good range buffet of hot and cold foods. Our room was good and very clean. The lift is a brilliant, one of those old wrought iron, double door affairs. The reception staff were excellent; all spoke very good English and were incredibly helpful with lots of tips/advice on what to see, when. Its easy to get to from the Gare de Nord, either walking (about 20-30 minutes when reading the map) or getting the metro to the St Denis stop and literally walking 3 minutes. The area the hotel is in is a melting pot of dozens of different nationalities. There are loads of bars and restaurants around the hotel for dinner in the evening; the Hippopotamus (I know its a chain) was 5 minutes walk away going towards the Bonne Nouvelle metro but did really good, freshly made dishes. We stayed for 4 nights and would definitely recommend this hotel for its location alone but as part of a competitive Eurostar package it was excellent. The one drawback and hence why its only 4 star is that either the walls are thin or some of the other guests have no idea on how to talk/behave in a hotel room as on one early evening in particular we could most definitely hear the conversation of our neighbours.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We had originally booked the hotel pavillon for 2 nights however due to rennovations, we were told that there were no rooms available for the 1st night. The hotel staff were very friendly and did book us a room for the hotel hor which was not too far away. They paid for our transport there and back, and also paid for our breakfast even though we had not booked this in our room rate. We did spend the second night in the hotel pavillon. We stayed in room 501 which was an executive room. The room itself was huge and clean. The hotel itself is very charming however could do with an upgrade to most things such as furnishings, carpets etc...The hotel is situated in a good area with lots of shops, bars and cafes a stone throws away. Good but could be great

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

The Pavillon Opera has a beautiful historic dining room. But unfortunately that is where the charm ends. Our stay was not bad it just contained no joy. The rooms are a bit drab. I wouldn't rate then 4 star, toiletries and disposables are as cheep as the hotel can get away with, the air con is a little touch and go and we were unable to maintain a constant temperature. We also had a child's bassinet in our room that looked like it had seen better days.
The staff were great, the food ok, and the rooms clean. The hotel just lacked charm (except for the historic dining room).

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights 2 weeks ago. We read the previous reviews so were unsure of what to expect. In our opinion....what a Gem! The hotel is a 15 minute walk from Gare du Nord. The staff are friendly and efficient, if you arrive early or need to leave late they will happily hold onto your luggage for you. You are provided with a map of Paris on check in. Situated just a two minute walk from Bonne Nouvelle metro station with the metro simple to use and an easy way to get around Paris. However if you want to walk everywhere it is perfectly located too. The room had tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge, a safe, free wifi( you pick up the code on a daily basis from reception), sat tv, hairdryer, iron, bath and shower, king size bed. To be honest If you want somewhere to stay to spend all your time in with 5 star service and facilities then this is not the place, why bother. However If you want somewhere to rest your weary body after sampling the incredible delights of this city then this is just perfect. It is clean, the breakfast is an all you can eat buffet, it is friendy and had everything we needed. We will stay here on our next visit and will reccommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: As my partner is over 6'5 we upgraded when we booked to an executive room as it gives you a king...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Pavillon Opera? Share your experiences!