“Good basic hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,261 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
N.Ireland
“Good basic hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2006

I booked this hotel after a lot of deliberation over reviews on this website. When we arrived, we were greeted by frendly staff, who were happy to sort us out with a room with a view of the Eiffel tower. The Eiffel tower is a 5 min taxi ride, or a very pleasant 15 minute walk away from the hotel. There was an excellent view of the top of the eiffel tower from our room at night. The metro line runs along past the front of the hotel but it is very quiet, and would not disturb your sleep!

We did not have breakfast in the hotel as there were plenty of bakerys and cafes nearby. The room we had was very small - typical of paris, but had a comfy bed and an excellent bathroom. The rooms were very clean, and were serviced every day.

The eiffel tower was the nearest central point to the hotel, and many trips could be taken from there. The street were the hotel was on has lots of lovely restaurants, and there is a shopping district around the corner.

If you are looking for a clean, reasonably priced and quite well located hotel, then this is the one for you!

• Stayed March 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
NARRAGANSETT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2005

Please Note, Did not stay at hotel, however, I feel the below is a valid concern. The Nov 2005 date is the date of the following incident

I booked 2 rooms for the Ramada Tour Eiffel in August 2005 for a trip I will be going on next June. I booked the trip at Orbitz.com. After I made the reservations for the hotel for the estimated cost of 80 Euros per night per room, I was informed by Orbitz I would pay for the hotel when I arrive. I called the hotel after I placed the reservation at Orbitz. The manager said he received my reservation and I will pay the bill when I arrive at the hotel in Paris. I recentely called the hotel, November 2005, to see if I could prepay the estimated fee of 80 Euros per room. I told them about the reservation I previously made in August at the Orbitz web site. The manager of the hotel said he would not honor the quoted cost and will charge me 165 Euro when I arrive. I contacted the Orbitz.com customer service to see if they could do anything to make the company honor the request. The Orbitz representative called the hotel and the manager of the Ramada Tour Eiffel was adament he would not honor the quoted price of 80 Euros per night per room and noted he will charge me 165 Euro, the going rate as of November. I therefore had to cancel my reservation with the hotel and search for another hotel. I ended up finding the Paris Best Western Premier Eiffel Park Hotel - for $138 U.S. Dollars. The Ramada Tour Eiffel was obviously trying a bait and switch tactic. Therefore, be warned if a hotel does not accept a prepay at any travel web site, the fee quoted to you may not be valid. At the Ramada Tour Eiffel 165 Euro translated into paying approximately $198 per room instead of the intial quote of $96 per room. Incidenlty, the Paris Best Western is in the same area as the Ramada Tour Eiffel, and is also a 3 star hotel but at the Trip Advisor web site has a better popularity rating.

Stayed November 2005
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2005

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days in August 2005, & found it to be a really good hotel for our purposes. We were originally booked in another hotel round the corner, but we found that there had been a mix-up & our booking had been inadvertently cancelled prior to arriving. The other hotel recommended the Ramada, & they booked us in straight away.

There was myself, my wife, and our 13 & 2.5 year old daughters, & we found the room large enough for us - & our 5 large bags & baby stroller. Also, the rooms are air-conditionned - some other Paris hotels haven't got air-con, & with a baby it's something that we really need. Interestingly, with air-con the Ramada was still cheaper than the other hotel(AUD$150, compared with AUD$165 per room).

Hamid at the front desk was a great help, & very polite & friendly. As well, twice a day he got ice for our baby's milk.

The hotel is in a great location, in-between two metro stations. The particular line runs out to Paris' Chinatown, where some good Asian food can be found. There are a couple of small supermarkets around the hotel, plus an internet shop, chemist, and other places that are handy for a tourist.

The taxi's in Paris aren't all that expensive, & on some days we walked from the hotel to places like the Louvre, & on other days we caught a train to places further away such as Montmarte, & then at the end of the day caught a taxi back.

I would recommend the Ramada without hesitation, especially for those who are looking for value - relatively cheap, centrally located but quiet, breakfast provided, & with air-con.

• Stayed August 2005
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2005

To all who have made advance reservations to this hotel - please note that it is no longer the Holiday Inn Garden Court - as of mid-May, it has become the Ramada Inn Garden Court, and by mid June/early July, will become part of the Cendant Group of hotels.

This fact became known to us once our shuttle service dropped us off outside the hotel, as we were looking for a Holiday Inn and were SURE we had the right address. We asked the receptionist, who indicated that we were indeed at the right place, but that the name had changed.

That being said, a few thoughts on our stay(no particular order):

- The room was clean, though there were a few suspicious stains on the outer bedspread, but since my husband and I take that part off when we retire for the night, we weren't too concerned - everything underneath seemed fine. We had a lovely view of the Eiffel Tower, and got to see it twinkle every hour on the hour for 10 mins in the evening - very pretty!

- We also got a complimentary breakfast with our particular package - they had a generous assortment of cereals, breads, eggs (scrambled and hard boiled), hams, cheese, fruits, etc.

- There is no listing of what stations are what for the television. We just flipped around and stuck to Sky News and the BBC mostly - and a German music video station (Viva, I think). Would have been nice to have some in-house movies or pay-per-view something-or-other, but assuming the reason for the lack of such amenity was due to the transition period the hotel was going through.

- The bathroom was clean, although the towels smelled a bit funky. My husband guessed that they probably had not been dried fully before being stacked together.

- Hair dryer is a hose affixed to a wall unit that looks like it belongs to a vacuum cleaner. Efficient, but amusing.

- Minibar under the fridge was locked, and required a key that you had to obtain from the front desk. We finally got around to doing so the third night we were there (we stayed 5 nights in all). Pretty good (if standard) collection. Prices for the items are not posted and we haven't been charged yet for the Heineken my husband consumed, so I can't really comment on that...

- One thing that disappointed me was that there was no iron/iron board. Also, we had a lot of difficulty making calls from the phone in the room. There are no instructions on how to make local calls, or even how to contact the front desk, and you have to use your credit card with some outside pay service to make international calls. (You can't get the calls billed to your room.) I'm guessing this was due to the fact that they were in a transition period, but it was still a great inconvenience to us, and we were quite concerned about having to give our credit card information to a stranger.

- The staff were most helpful in accomodating us in our stay. They were always willing to help us get directions to various points of interest and were very friendly - esp. John, who had spend some time at Fort Dix in Jersey! Was nice to see a fellow Jersey-ite. Even the French gentleman who had the day shift was very friendly, and had a warm, funny personality. Everyone was able to communicate with us in English, (even if it was broken English). They would always greet you with a Bonjour or Bonsoir. Very, very nice folks.

- One concern I had when we first arrived was that there is a train that goes by (quite often) right outside the window. The 6 line, for anyone interested. I was worried that it would keep me up at night (there were times when it zipped by when you could actually feel the room rumble ever so slightly). But surprisingly, it didn't bother me, nor did it bother my husband. The only time we weren't able to get a good night's sleep was the last night we were there - a Saturday night - and that was only because there was someone outside yelling from 2 am to 4am and zipping back and forth on Boulevard de Grenelle on a very loud motorbike. *grr* The train was actually very convenient, as the metro station is only a block away, and can take you pretty much anywhere in the city!

- The Eiffel Tower, as mentioned above is quite close - only a 10 minute or so walk from the hotel. Lots of quaint cafes are nearby as well - and the Brioche Suisse at the Monoprix (GREAT department store) down the block is absolutely delightful!

I definitely recommend this hotel, but I'd wait until August or so when they've had a chance to get the new ownership completed and everything ironed out - I'm sure that all the little shortcomings mentioned above will be remedied by then.

• Stayed June 2005
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2005

Have just returned from a stay in Paris with my 4 year old son. I found the staff at this hotel very nice, friendly and helpful. When we arrived at the hotel my son had been sick on the journey and was sleepy. the room was very welcoming, lovely view. not at all noisy - even though the metro line was outside . I would most surely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Paris. Every Wednesday there is a typical French Market under the Metro line - the full length of the street. There are Brasseries and bistros serving delicious food. Nice walk to Eiffel Tower. Gap and La Roudette, and H & M (Shops) to the right of the Hotel.

When we returned from our walk to the Eiffel Tower and got to the room my son opened the door and still had the card in his hand, I was coming behind him with the buggy, The door shut with him inside (with the card and the fifth floor window open). I raced down in the elevator in a panic and the duty manager immediately got another card and came with me to open the door. He was great. My son was not in any danger and had remained sitting at the door.

The Breakfast was very nice, a great selection and very fresh. All in all I was impressed with the facilities and the staff and the surroundings.

• Stayed March 2005
sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2005

just got back from 3 nights at this hotel. good location. near the water and the eiffel tower. decent, quiet neighborhood. was lucky to get what i requested, a room with a view of the eiffel tower. less than a block from a metro point.

our first hotel receptionist was friendly and helpful.

room was decent sized for europe. good bathroom, nice big sink.
although the dressers next to the bed seemed bulky and large.

b'fast downstairs was ok and not too expensive at 13 euros for 2. bread, bakery goods, fresh fruit, eggs, cereal, juice, coffee/tea.

we are vegetarians and found food to be a bit of a problem. so we just shopped at the closest grocery store and got some items to eat back in our room. but when we asked to use some silverware we got a rude 'no, we don't supply such things to guests. he definitely showed his true colors. all this when we knew there was b'fast there and that they had items.

then the day we were checking out, i asked a new receptionist for some details about a bus back to beauvais airport, which is where we were to depart from. and he was clueless and not interested in even trying to help us. he just wanted me to sign my bill and leave.

so, we paid 160 euros for this place and just felt like it was a lot. but what can u do when most all hotels in that range are booked?. i just picked this also so that i could at least get some priority club points. one definite positive.

oh paris. we'll see you again and hopefully at another hotel :)

Been to Ramada Paris Tour Eiffel? Share your experiences!