“Modern, cute, and friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #93 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Chicago, Illinois
“Modern, cute, and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2006

I'm writing this as I'm about to check out of the K+K Cayre. I booked the hotel for a business trip, primarily because I read about the free Internet access. (Last time at the Hotel Ambassador in Paris, I wandered the streets with my laptop, looking for a hotspot.)

The Pros: Little chocolates in the room upon arrival, along with personal welcome note--hand-written--from Hotel Manager. Heated bathroom floor. Spotless. Well-stocked mini-bar. Comfortable bed that didn't feel like it had been slept in by 20 million people. Very modern and cute furnishings. Very sweet staff at the front desk. The Internet in the rooms is a T-1 line. There is wireless available via Ozone Paris, but you have to pay for it in the rooms; it is, however, free in the lobby and business center.

The Cons: My room on the 7th floor is close to the elevator shaft, so I had a restless night of tossing and turning as the lift made its way up and down. Also, the room is a bit on the smallish side--I don't think I could stay here for 4 or more nights. That being said, the Pros far outweigh the Cons and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2006

We stayed for 4 nights with a 1 yr old baby and had a great time. The room was spacious enough for the cot and everything was spotless. Breakfast was excellent. Hotel is right in the centre and easy walking access to main attractions. We stayed off the tube and used the open top bus where you jump on and off. There are plenty of resturants nearby in the evenings. I would not hesitate to return.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2006

I spent a lovely 4 nights at this hotel.The rooms are small but clean, functional and stylishly designed.The small but important things have been taken care of.The location of the hotel is superb.

The staff were very friendly and the free internet access keeps you in touch with news at home.

top marks!!

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2006

Location-Exceptional-5 mins to Louvre etc, metro station across the road (rue de bac), 3 mins walk to the best cheese shop in Paris (where F. Mitterrand used to get his cheese) Surrounded by excellent boulangeries etc.

Staff- Very pleasant, speak excellent English. Happy to go out of their way if asked. Although we never had to use them they seemed very good at organising clubs/restaurants etc for other people.

Hotel: - Well designed and modern, rooms well equipped and comfortable, if a little small-in our room you couldn’t open the bathroom door without hitting the bed! Heated bathroom floor which is always a good thing in middle of night! Lobby has free high speed internet access for guest use and if you bring your laptop then each room has free high-speed internet access.

Didn’t eat breakfast for several reasons a) it costs 23 euros per head. No matter how much you can eat I don’t think you can eat enough to justify almost £20 on breakfast! b) This is France, the land of amazing food. The hotel has excellent boulangeries in surrounding streets where a really special breakfast, eaten where ever you choose in one of the most romantic and beautiful cities in the world can be yours for 5 or 6 euros a head!

This hotel doesn’t get 5/5 as it is expensive for what it is. (Rack rate on our room would have been 350 euro/night +breakfast!) If you can get it cheaper or with b-fast thrown in then this is the place to stay in Paris.

San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2006

I stayed at the K & K in St. Germain de Pres on business and was pleasantly surprised by the rooms and staff. I am a frequent traveler. The rooms are small but not the smallest I've stayed in when visiting Paris. The heated bathroom floors are a treat. The staff is helpful and pleasant. The hotel is in a great location -- within walking distance to the Louvre, the Musee d'Orsay and exceptional boutique shopping in St. Germain de Pres. The Bon Marche department store (a more French experience than those found near the Opera) is a five minute walk. Breakfast is available in the hotel -- usually as part of the room booking and includes eggs, meat, cereals, and various breads. The fitness center is the one negative but most European hotels haven't yet figured out that treadmill does not make a fitness center. There is high speed Internet in the rooms at no extra charge -- a plus over larger chains. I would stay at the hotel again and recommend it to friends.

Stayed January 2006
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2006

This was our first visit to Paris and the staff and accomodations could not have been nicer! We researched the K&K on Trip Advisor and the hotel exceeded our high expectations. We stayed for 3 nights at the start of our trip and one night at the end. For the first 3 nights, we had a room overlooking the courtyard. This is the location to request if you need total quiet for sleeping. We were amazed! On our last night, we stayed in a room overlooking the street. This is the location to request if you want to feel part of the city life. We enjoyed the charm of both.

The staff was ever so nice. If you request a dinner reservation or a taxi, it is done with blazing speed. Even my halting attempts at speaking French were met with extreme patience. I should add that the staff also speaks excellent English.

As for the location, my husband and I enjoyed the left bank charm. The hotel is located in a residential area; so pastry shops, coffee shops and cafes abound.

The hotel is within a 10 to 15 minute walk of the Louvre, Orsay, and Rodin museums (for lunch, the cafe at the Rodin Museum is very good and reasonably priced).

We splurged on dinner our last night and ate at L'Atelier. Although expensive, it was worth it if you enjoy modern French cuisine. Bring your wallet and expect to spend over 200 Euros for two people.

Paris is a wonderful city and we cannot wait to go back to the Hotel Cayre!

• Stayed January 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2006

I celebrated my birthday with three of my closest friends in Paris. This was our first time visiting Paris and we had a wonderful time. Hotel Cayre is tres fabulous. The hotel location is perfect: The Metro Station- Rue de Bac, post office, and HSBC ATM are conveniently located across the street. There is even a Shell station- mini mart on the same block. Everything is in close proximity-you can walk to the Notre Dame, Latin Quarters and Seine River. The staff were so helpful, especially our friendly concierge- Jean Pierre. Paris is truly a beautiful and special place and I am already planning my second trip.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to K+K Hotel Cayre? Share your experiences!