“Great staff, Great location Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #93 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great staff, Great location Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was looking for a hotel to celebrate an occasion. After reading reviews on TA, on various establishments I chose this one.

I emailed the hotel saying that we would be celebrating an engagement.
They were fantastic and couldn't do enough to help.
They organised everything that I had asked even to the point of upgrading us to a room that had a view of the Eiffel Tower. ( 719 )
The room was very clean well decorated and had all that we could want
During our stay ( which was only 1 night ) the staff were extremely polite, friendly, helpful and professional
The breakfast is very nice and is a buffet style. Croissants, eggs, bacon, hams , cheeses, pastries were just some of the fare on offer. Also champagne was served on the Sunday we were there.

The hotel is situated 20 seconds from the metro with some very nice cafes and shops very close by.
We will be booking this hotel for our return trip

Room Tip: Rooms 719 has a great view of the Eiffel Tower over the Parisian roof tops
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed at K&K for 7 nights in September 2012. This was our first time to Paris and chose this as is was central to all the things we wanted to go to.
The hotel did not disappoint. Rooms were clean and well appointed. Staff were always helpful. the buffet breakfast was included and very good.
There's a metro right out the front door. Or, if you prefer, a velib bicycle station (it was most enjoyable riding down the cobbled roads in Paris at around midnight on a warm night).
St Germain is within walking distance with many restaurants. There are also many high end shops around the area.
We were able to walk to all the major sites. The eiffel tower and Louvre aren't that far, and it was a pleasure to walk the Paris streets to these places.
We would certainly consider this hotel again for our next visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were recommended by Railbookers for a 3-night break at this hotel. Good location with Metro just steps away. Plenty of eating places within walking distance. Comfortable room, if a little small, but very well appointed & modern. Compact bathroom but modern with a good range of toiletries and sufficient surfaces for own toiletries. Great selection for breakfast, including some cooked food (& champagne!). Very pleasant staff. Would have liked an upgrade as price had dropped since we booked but, after asking on first night & being told we would need to speak to manager in the morning, next day it didn't seem worth the hassle of pursuing. Could do with one or two more prints in room (only pictures are over bedhead and therefore not seen when in bed). Would thoroughly recommend & certainly book again.

Room Tip: Our (classic) room on 6th floor was on road side & close to lift but very quiet. I would go for...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last weekend as a surprise for our daughters 30th birthday and were a mixed group of 7 couples. Without doubt all of us enjoyed our stay here. All the rooms were amply big enough for a 3 night break and kept spotless with a daily change of towels and toiletries
Replenished when required.

Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice and enough variety to please everyone.

All staff were extremely pleasant and helpful nothing was too much trouble.

The position of the hotel on the left bank was very convenient for all the major attraction and all within walking distance,although the metro was just across the street.Although on a busy road we found the hotel to be very quiet with very little traffic noise in our room.

This is our third visit to Paris and our first stay at the K+K and we would certainly stay her again.

Room Tip: Chose a high floor to get a good view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My review is late, but it's here none the less! :o) My husband and I stayed at the K+K in August 2012 for about 9 nites. It was our first time to Paris and the hotel was recommended to us by our travel agent at Liberty Travel. We wanted to be close to the Metro (I have a back issue) and close to everything within walking distance.

The room was small, but it was clean and convenient. We weren't in the room much as we were visiting Paris in all it's glory. The hotel staff answered any questions we had and were very friendly. We really enjoyed the hot breakfast each morning and the staff were very receptive and helpful. The coffee was excellent!

All in all, I would totally recommend this hotel. It's within walking distance to the Musee d'Orsay, the St. Germain district, the Louvre, the Invalides, Notre Dame, shopping at Galleries de Lafayette and Le Bon Marche for shopping.... and I could go on and on. The Rue du Bac Metro station (line 12) was directly across the street and there are other Metros within walking distance. We even caught the bus on the corner to go to the Eiffel Tower.

We ADORED Paris and I would highly recommend the K+K, especially if you are traveling to Paris for the first time. I would definitely come back to lovely Paris and I would stay at the K+K.

Room Tip: Our room on the 4th floor had a balcony and overlooked the streets of the St. Germain area. It was w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
River Vale, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have just began doing reviews, and only because Trip Advisor has really helped a lot in my recent travels and wanted to do the same for others.

My last stay at K+K Hotel Cayre was close to a year ago but I like it a lot and wanted to let travelers know about it. I stayed her twice, on Feb 2012 and May 2005, and was happy both times. First, hotel is modern and very clean. Rooms are a bit small but still very manageable and perfect for 2; it would be a bit tight for 3 and too small for 4. Lobby and rooms are nicely decorated. Last visit was with my daughter and another mother/daughter pair, and it was important that we were centrally located. This hotel is right in the St.-Germain des pres, a great area, close to stores/restaurants, with the metro just across the street. Our last night was a visit to the eiffel tower, and we went back to hotel by metro close to 11pm and we felt safe.

Of note are the very friendly and helpful front desk staff -- gave us good recommendations and answered our endless questions -- a bit more anxious since traveling with young girls. Because of them, we dared travel by metro, which was really easy to use -- much easier than NY subway trains!

The computer stations by the lobby were really helpful as we needed to confirm our other travel plans and print out some documents. A little thing our girls amused themselves with are the shoe shine machines by the elevators -- nice little plus to clean boots before heading out.

With the 7 year gap between my 2 visits, I'd have to say the hotel has hardly changed. It is well-maintained and still looks good. I definitely recommend K+K Hotel Cayre.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
philadelphia, pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The location was wonderful, as everyone has mentioned. Breakfast was included in our room rate and was fine. We were there for 5 nights and supposedly had an Executive room. After we walked in our room, my husband went back to front desk, because of the following issues. Room was about 10 1/2 feet wide by 11 feet long. There were no drawers and no built in closet. Our room had a free standing, contemporary, sliding door armoire. (there were 3 roll out shelves in the small closet)., that could not hold very much. Being there 5 nights, we could not put all our clothes away and certainly had no space for the luggage. We said we had upgraded to an Exec. room and the person at the front desk basically said, this is the LARGER room! This is Paris. I truly could not believe that this was the executive upgraded room, I can't imagine what the smaller room would look like. We were on the 1st floor and that was convenient as we did not have to wait for the elevators.

Although the help was generally good and the room was clean and linens nice,
The room reminded me of an upgraded dormitory room. We were disappointed in the room and really tried NOT to go back to it, except to shower and sleep and run out again.

I am sorry I cannot give this Hotel a rating higher than a 3 and it should no way be rated a 4 store hotel. I took pictures of everything on my Paris trip, but this room and bathroom was so small I could not even get a decent picture to post.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to K+K Hotel Cayre? Share your experiences!