“Perfect spot for a girls weekend.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of France Louvre

Save Saved
You added France Louvre to your Saves list
France Louvre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 rue de Rivoli | 4th Arr., 75004 Paris, France (Hôtel-de-Ville)   |
Ranked #1,366 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Paris, France
“Perfect spot for a girls weekend.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

A friend of mine booked into this little hotel on her visit to Paris and it was just ideal for what we needed for our girly weekend. A boutique 3 Star hotel, very typical for what you'd expect in Paris with the benefit of no nasty surprises. The location was great, right in the centre of Paris on the Rue de Rivoli and walking distance to just about anywhere we wanted to go.

The entrance foyer, lift and stairs are very narrow and a little dark but the rooms were an absolute delight, larger than you expect for a little French hotel, and with clean, chic decor. The room she had, had violet toile curtains and vintage white-painted shabby/chic furniture and even had a bathtub!

a great place to crash, but don't bother with the breakfast, you'll find better at one of the numerous cafe's right on your doorstep. It's also right near a bunch of cool vintage and second hand stores if that's your thing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

We had two executive rooms in this hotel in early August. Great location in the Marais and excellent for metro connections. Rooms were small yes but clean and the rooms facing the Rue de Rivoli were light and bright. Lets face it we did not come to Paris to stay in the room all day. The first floor salon was also good to sit and browse the web. For the price this is a very good Paris option.

• Stayed August 2012
Perth, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed in this hotel as part of my business/holiday in Paris. I agree with the others - the location is brilliant, pretty much everything is a walking distance, nice restaurants, supermarkets, cheese boutiques, shops etc. and it is a decent part of Paris so you feel safe. However, the single room that I booked was just disgusting - like the one from 'My life in ruins'. Miniscule, dark and shabby. Narrow window overlooking the wall.I asked to swap the room and they offered a standard room for 20 euros /day extra or executive for 30 euros/day extra. I took the latter as it was nicer and it had a view, which is something that tick my box when I am traveling. The staff was nice enough except for an older man who was behaving like a 'cappo'. Commanding us to leave the keys (which is fine but if asked in a nicer way) and questioning me over my name and surname (a bit different on a booking form than in my passport) and how come if I am single am occupying a double room. Probably thinking that I am on a 'business'. When it came to paying, they charged me 45 euros just for swapping the room. Safe is 3 per day extra, but when I swapped the room the guy said he'll give it for free as I am taking the expensive room. However, it still appeared on my bill, so I asked them to remove it. They removed but only for 5 days as they said that is how much I was charged. Later on I checked the bill and I was actually charged for 7 days, so they pocket in 6 euros. Not a big sum, but it would be nicer memory for me if they didn't. I also saw two couples on a separate occasions either fighting over the bill or leaving dissatisfied.

Room Tip: If you are staying here make sure you don't book a single room, make them spell out the charges...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Atlantic City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great location. Really small room, but A/C, mini fridge, and free WiFi in the room are all pros. A lot of great restaurants nearby. Most of the receptionists were helpful and friendly (esp the super nice guy from Haiti), but one nearly ruined our first night there. We walked in jet-lagged and disoriented and the man at the front desk could not have been more rude and inappropriate. I don't know if his overdramatic and completely absurd reactions to our responses were an attempt to be funny or if he was using the interaction as an opportunity to compensate for a failed acting career, but he is the sole reason I'm rating this hotel Poor and not Average.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Rose Hill Maurtius
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The hotel has excellent location between Hotel de ville & St Paul station.

Alas that the only positive side.

The negative side of the coin exceed by far. The room is small & looks shabby for a " 3 star"
The minibar was not functioning, when I check in. I had to call the room service to address the issue, who swape minibar from another room.

The bathroom is so small that it is fitted with a swivel glass pane in lieu of curtain . Needless to say that the floor is soaked with water.

Room Tip: Especally solo traveller avoid room # 33
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Caracas, Venezuela
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

One of the worse looking hotel where I ever spent a night. Location is good but that is the only thing. Stay away!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I do not understand the magic of photography that was accomplished to make this hotel look inviting on their website but the hotel is extremely old, worn, and feels like it was furnished with castoffs from a thirft store. The carpets are absolutely threadbare. I was unable to check in when I arrived (I was early, no problem there). But, their version of a baggage check is that you walk down extremely narrow curving stairs to a closet in the basement where everyone who needs to store their luggage gets the same passcode to lock/unlock the cupboard and there is no supervision or assistance in storing it. I was very nervous to leave it under those circumstances, but it was still there when I returned. I do understand that the expectations of American travelers for hotels is not the same as those within Europe (and perhaps other countries) but I have been traveling all over Europe for the last three years and this was definitely the worst ever. As one of the other reviewers mentioned, the room and bathroom were actually larger than most - but the shabbiness and junky feel of the room made it feel dirty. When I returned (almost immediately) to the front desk to share my complete shock over the condition of the room compared to what the website described, I was informed that I had one of the best rooms - an "executive." If that is true, I cannot even fathom what the standard rooms must have been like. I was also informed that despite the obviously misleading advertising, I would be charged for the room whether I stayed or not. For the first time ever, I choose to check out anyway - so just be warned. If you want a completely bare bones tiny step above a "hostel" feel then this hotel is probably right for you - it does have a good location for sightseeing and public transit. But - don't be misled by their website. Since they refused to refund my stay even though I didn't spend more than 3 minutes in the room - I certainly hope they invest in substantial renovations!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to France Louvre? Share your experiences!