“Great insider tour of best bakeries” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eye Prefer Paris Tours

Eye Prefer Paris Tours
115 rue St. Antoine, 75004 Paris, France (Le Marais)
+33 6 31 12 86 20
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 334 Tours & Activities in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Eye Prefer Paris Tours are walking tours that show visitors the off-beat, unknown Paris they never usually see on their own. We tour the best neighborhoods of Paris including Le Marais, St. Germain des Pres, Montmartre, and the Latin Quarter.
Sheldon, Vermont
“Great insider tour of best bakeries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I've traveled before to France to research en vogue pastry and chocolate shops for my work, usually in more remote areas of France. This time in Paris, I wanted a guided tour of the better shops to make better use of my time--and my Euros! Richard knew my background and wishes ahead of time, and I really felt he constructed his tour to exactly what I was looking for, plus some other tangents as we chatted and experienced food shops together! His tour provided a great starting point for experiencing shops on the right bank of Paris, and provided me with exactly what I was looking for and more. He was very personable, knowledgeable, and just fun to hang out with, honestly! I would definitely recommend his tours--at least for the foodies :) Since my French is limited, having an ex-pat American also made this tour that much easier and more fulfilling without the language barrier.

Orinda, California
“A rainy day in Paris!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Richard, was easy to spot with his blue map!Just yards from his Parisian abode.He was informative about the history and the merchants of the Marais.Movie making was taking place and we were spot in the middle of the ACTION shot!He was kind enough to point out some fun shops for me to venture back to which I did and made a few purchases!WE had an enjoyable time in the rain, chatting and soaking up the beautiful area in which he now resides!I understand from his blog that his apartment is for rent!It is smack in the middle of a wonderful location!Check it out!

New York City, New York
“Great Paris walking tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had three days in Paris in October and contacted Richard on the spur of the moment for a walking tour. The tour was fantastic and Richard is clearly knowledgable. My tour was of Le Marais, an area of Paris I had never visited. I learned about the history of the area including the beautiful mansions and Richard also pointed out a number of great streets and stores I could explore later myself. I would recommend Eye Prefer Paris tours to anyone, whether you are a first timer to Paris or a more experienced traveller.

Oak Park, Illinois
“Wonderful Tour of the Marais”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I were in Paris in early October. Richard had been recommended by a mutual friend in the US. We were staying in the Marais and chose his Marais walking tour. It was a wonderful choice. Richard guided us through just a portion of the Marais, focusing on areas we might not have visited and sites that we might have seen but not really seen. He pointed out historical places, the best boulangeries, wonderful shops, and excellent restaurants. He was able to bring to life the varied history of the Marais from 17th century royals and their retinue to the tragic deportations of Jewish children by the Nazis to which apartment building houses current day infamous characters. He did all this with wit, patience, and charm. We enjoyed our time with Richard very much and were delighted when we bumped into him with other happy clients later in our stay.

San Diego, California
“Gorgeous Fall Day in Le Marais!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

A few weeks ago my sister and I met with Richard Nahem to tour Le Marais. We were joined by Carol who took some amazing pictures of Le Marais and happy to learn about Carol's background and experiences in Paris. We didn’t know what to expect on the tour since we only read about Richard through an article in a travel magazine, but we were looking forward to seeing the neighborhood. After meeting Richard we left our tour with more knowledge than expected! Richard enlightened us on architecture, history and his love of Marais and the city of Paris! He kept us entertained and constantly pointed out interesting facts about everything we saw. It was nice to see his obvious rapport with many of the business owners. We even had some time to sit down and enjoy a pastry and a cafe aux lait while we learned about Richard’s favorite places! Richard’s tour is a must for anyone planning to explore Paris. His tours will definitely enrich your experience during your visit! Thanks Richard and Carol!