“Flea Market Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 728 Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Eye Prefer Paris Tours are walking tours that show visitors the off-beat, unknown Paris they never usually see on their own. We tour the best neighborhoods of Paris including Le Marais, St. Germain des Pres, Montmartre, and the Latin Quarter. A 3 hour tour for up to 3 people costs 210 euros, 70 euros for additional people and a full-day/7 hour tour including a lunch hour costs 460 euros for up to 3 people.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Pearland, Texas
“Flea Market Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My sister & I were in Paris for a week during September. We have been to Paris many times but always with family & a few of our children. This trip was for us to relax, shop, drink wine & stroll the beautiful streets of Paris. I had been following Eye Prefer Paris for a few years and decided to book Richard for the flea market tour. We had been before but felt rushed & could not enjoy all there was to see. I wanted a small authentic antique French Chandellier for my closet and Richard set out with us to find it. We emailed & planned a meeting spot near a metro that was convenient & on the right line to get us to the market. On the way we talked and he was very knowledgeable about the history of the market & Paris in general. We arrived and after a short walk we were in the antique section of the market. So many beautiful chandelliers to chose from, and although many were too big and too expensive ... He & my sister let me gaze longingly at them appreciating their beauty and bling!!! After a while I noticed one I liked and the vendor of the shop took it down so I could look more closely and discuss a price. I am very indecisive so I took her card & we went to lunch & I thought about it. After a great lunch in the area we went back to purchase the chandellier... It was just what I wanted for my closet. My sister and I wanted to stay a while longer so Richard made sure to explain how we should get back to the nearest metro. It was a great day and Richard was very helpful to us by translating the language and helping us talk to the vendors. I would highly recommend him for any of his tours and will call him again when we return to Paris :)

Stamford, Connecticut, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Eye Prefer Paris Walking Tours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

my daughter and I had a walking tour with Richard in Le Marais that was delightful and off the beaten track. I would highly recommend him as you can customize your likes and wants and he is a pleasure (and also speaks English, being from NY originally). I would highly recommend contacting him the next time you want a Paris tour guide!

Visited November 2012
burlington, ct
4 attraction reviews
“your BF in paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Last month my husband and i visited paris. It was my second visit and his third and we'd already enjoyed visiting the "top ten."

This time we really wanted to experience more of an insider's view. Richard Nahem's Eye Prefer Paris had been recommended to us by a friend who visits Paris frequently and so we booked a three hour tour of Le Marais with him. Best thing ever! Richard is an expat who's lived in Paris for years and who clearly loves the place. It was so great to just hand ourselves over to him and be shown all sorts of great details that we'd have missed with only a guide book. Richard brought us to his favorite spots- the best chocolate shop, the best falafel, the coolest,most unique boutiques. He seems to know everyone and shop keepers were happy to see him and us, yet they never pressured us to buy anything, they were just pleased to show off their beautiful, delicious, unusual wares. Richard has contacts that permitted us to enter little private courtyards,tiny shops, tiny private places of historical interest. Richard, not only has a vast historical/sociological fund of knowledge, he had a cool ability to read us and was able to personalize our tour in terms of our interests, knowledge, tastes. Richard is calm, kind, witty, cool, well informed, and has an acute ability to read his "tourees." as we walked about the Marais, he made sure to point out restaurants/shops that we might want to visit post tour (even starred them on our map.) SO, we had a blast with Richard, he guided us to several shops and cafes that were hits for us to enjoy later. Richard is a sophisticated shopper for men and women; a skill greatly appreciated on the streets of Paris

the next day we visited Montmartre on our own and agreed that the experience wouldt have been much enriched if only we'd booked Richard to show us the neighborhood.

Touring with Richard is a terrific way to go if you'd like to see more than guide books recommend. And he is sweet, smart, and charming. We will most definitely ask Richard to show us other parts of Paris when next we visit! oh paris!

Visited September 2013
“A Travel Veteran says Go With Richard & EyePreferParis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have been in the travel industry for 30 years. I have been to Paris 6 times. I have never seen "inside" Paris with a local who is also an American! Richard is knowledgeable, down-to-earth, well-spoken in French and English and customized a tour for my husband's birthday. My husband is an antiques dealer and architectural designer and he wanted to see extraordinary museums and buildings we had not yet seen. Richard did all this and more. And to take a break having cafe au lait and macarons with him was the "icing on the cake!" It was like being with a dear friend in Paris. I will be recommending him to all my friends in the travel industry. Merci, mon ami, Richard!

Southlake, Texas
“A local's view of Le Marais!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We found Richard on trip advisor before going to Paris. Le Marais looked like a wonderful area to explore, and we thought it would be more fun to see it through a local's eyes. Turned out to be a great decision. First, Richard coordinated our transportation from the airport for about the same price that it would have cost us to take a taxi. Frank, the gentleman he sent, spoke English and was very nice. (We liked him so much we booked him to take us back to the airport when we left). So, although that wasn't part of the tour, is was a nice way to start our visit to Paris.

It was raining heavily the day we originally scheduled the tour, and Richard contacted me to see if we wanted to reschedule. I'm so glad he was able to be so flexible, because we had a great time two days later! While strolling the beautiful streets of this neighborhood, Richard filled us in on its history and pointed out hidden gems along the way. We also talked easily about the differences between living in Paris and New York, which was fascinating to us since we lived there for several years. He also recommended a number of good restaurants/bars in the area and took us to an excellent spot for coffee and pastries. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with Richard and will call him again next time we are in Paris!