“Les Filles” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eye Prefer Paris Tours

Eye Prefer Paris Tours
115 rue St. Antoine, 75004 Paris, France (Le Marais)
+33 6 31 12 86 20
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 335 Tours & Activities in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Eye Prefer Paris Tours are walking tours that show visitors the off-beat, unknown Paris they never usually see on their own. We tour the best neighborhoods of Paris including Le Marais, St. Germain des Pres, Montmartre, and the Latin Quarter.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Les Filles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I planned a quick trip to Paris for 4 days with my mom and 2 daughters (ages 9 and 17). I booked 4 days of tours with Richard in hopes to keep the vast interests among my family engaged.
Richard had all this covered! Walking the Marais, St. Germain and Ile St. Louis was fantasti with Richard pointing out the major sight-seeing icons of Paris, architectural differences among buildings, churches, chocolate, wine and markets. It was actually the drama behind the historical venues and mansions that was very entertaining. We LOVED it!
We began each day meeting around 11am, touring and tasting Paris. Our tours included great shops and restaurants that weren't on the beaten path. If you like to avoid the touristy favorites, book a tour with Richard.
Simply an unforgettable trip with my girls. AND, we even learned a little French!
Paris avec les filles 2.16.13 to 2.21.2013

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Relaxed, fun, insightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I booked a tour as a gift from someone who had previously toured with Richard, and we both really enjoyed it. Other reviewers write of the insider's perspective, the private Paris, etc., and we agree — you can get a great feel for the neighborhood, or at least of the Marais, within just a few minutes of the tour. The tour was relaxed, fun, interesting and delightful; we explored old courtyards and gardens, visited local shops and restaurants and wandered lively but hidden neighborhoods. It became the highlight of our trip, and we later returned to several of the areas we visited with Richard to shop, eat and explore. We would've never have known to go there without the help of Richard.

Regina, Canada
“BOOK THIS GUY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I would like to say that my son and I had the pleasure to take a tour with Richard. I thought I knew Paris and when I took the tour from Richard I found it a real eye opening tour. We saw sights that you would walk right by without noticing, Richard made us notice. I would recommend a tour by Richard. Mt next paris trip I will be booking another of his fine tours.... Brad & Adam from Canada...

Visited March 2013
Erie, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
“A delightful day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Along with 3 fellow travelers, I spent an afternoon with Richard in the Marais. All of us have visited Paris many times and felt that it was time to see a "local's perspective". Richard was super fun to spend the day with....taking us into small courtyards and pointing out interesting architectural details because one person in our party was an architect. Visiting all of his local favorites was a delight...it didn't feel like a tour at all...Richard is so personable...it was like visiting an old friend. As we have entertained the idea of living in Paris some day, it was also great fun to hear Richard's take on being an American in Paris. A great day!!!

Visited October 2012
Vienna
“Charming Tour of the Marais.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I greatly enjoyed the tour of the Marais conducted by Richard. I particularly appreciated his interesting and lively account of the neighborhood's history. The Marais shown to us by Richard is a colorful place full of old world charm mixed with contemporary chic, loads of atmoshere, great specialty shops and a wonderful square and teashop. I would happily book a tour with Richard again.